Forum > Strategy

mineral patch management

(1/2) > >>

Fishy:
Hey guys!  Looking to see if anyone is willing to lay down some wisdom on worker management.  Just looking to improve my game play.  Here is a few questions...

How many workers do you put on minerals? Is it bad to put over 50? ( i think its 50 stacked right?)
How many workers on gas?
Do you hot key a certain way with your workers? What works best for you?
Any tips in the general area of the mineral patch?  I am seeing some cool stuff in replays like using swarm to protect workers from ranged attacks, floating buildings, etc.

Appreciate any feedback.   Glhf gaming!

Ridd1cK[DFWM]:
just depends i think, if your getting dropped a lot and have low minerals, ill do 60 on minerals then kill off after my eco is booming. ive seen top players run with around 40 and stay broke but 1 drop can end it all

PuMa:
Personally never count my workers, generally just pump until I'm rich enough to sustain a whole base, a lot of times its too much and need to get rid of a stack or 2 mid-late. It's been said 50 is the max amount of workers the patch can be mined at a time since I can remember but Ive never tested it, wonder how true that is.

Also aren't there 2-3 patches(stacked) on some maps, which I guess would mean u can do 50xwhatever the amount of patches? That would make sense as to why sometimes minerals dont run as smoothly as they should. I really don't know but perhaps someone can clarify.

Fishy:
Puma,

It was my understanding that they stacked 50 on each other.

Do you hot key your workers? If so, what’s your set up?

Tim

Turtle:
50 is a good number imo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version