Forum > Suggestions & Feedback

Proposal: Actually balancing the SCW maps

(1/10) > >>

DonFreecss:
What, when, where, why, and how?

What? FPM Space & subsequently the SCW iterations have remained the same for 2 decades--we need some type of change

Why? The meta has stagnated, the corner bases are far superior than 12, 3, 6, & 9, our RvR rule-set works more effectively with a 4-spawn map (due to scouting 3 locations rather than 7), there's too much emphasis on either turtling at your choke or containing someone at their choke--freedom of expression and build orders are replaced by multiple CC/Nexus builds into 50 gateways/factories.

Where? The SCW community & the Fastest community as a whole--a 4-player map adds more strategy in 1v1s and 2v2s and a success--in regard to community feedback--could possibly rejuvenate the scene (through both new player's curiosity and old player's interest and pride in maintaining their high rank despite the changes).

When? As soon as possible. If there's a shared interest in a new map which actually utilizes high/low terrain, has a wider choke which can't be reached easily with siege tanks on either side, and has destructible doodads which both lead to new areas and the opponents side-entrance, then comment below.

How? I've already nearly finished the 4-player map with SCMDraft2 and just need play-testers (they'll simply feel it out and judge it based on aesthetics, effectiveness, whether it's enjoyable, does it work in combating the problems I set out to solve and does it introduce any newer ones).

Extra Idea/Additional Comments: This would be an entirely separate map and needs a pitch of its own, but does the idea of 20-40 stacked minerals, rather than 50, sound appealing? This would mean we'd achieve maximum worker saturation by mid-game and would place emphasis on build orders, counters, and micromanagement rather than slewing out a fuck ton of any unit you happen to choose at the time. The income would still be ridiculously vast [25W*8*3.36] = 672 minerals per second and [21.6*5W] = 108 gas per second (assuming 25 workers on minerals and 15 workers on 5 separate gas geysers).

If you're bilingual and would be so kind as to inform the Peruvian community (which, holy shit, there's a bunch of them) of the contents of this post, I'd be grateful. Feel free to leave suggestions of your own or simply tell me how stupid and bad I am.

Sincerely,
D3inleague // Sherou // DonFreecss // NauTii-Link

Au`:
agreed.

the current map is largely unchanged since i played as a 13 yr old in 2003..

its not a bad map, but compared to other fastest choices its quite unbalanced..

seem's like a no-brainer, objectively.. but I know some folks don't appreciate change lol so good luck!!

#ChangeTHEmap

FaINeR:
You can play with any map of this link for scw 22  and space 4.0 is a map only corners  4 spots-

https://www.starcraftworld.net/index.php?action=league&mode=joinleague

Au`:
Very nice, thanks FaINeR. Good to know!

214:

--- Quote from: FaINeR on December 29, 2020, 04:27:06 pm ---You can play with any map of this link for scw 22  and space 4.0 is a map only corners  4 spots-

https://www.starcraftworld.net/index.php?action=league&mode=joinleague

--- End quote ---

you made ugly choke for corners on 4.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version