Forum > Suggestions & Feedback

Reaver pathing fix

(1/2) > >>

Fishy:
I think it is pretty well known that reavers do not work when trying to push into someone's base.  If you build in a certain way, a reaver cannot shoot something that is clearly in front of them.  I am making this poll to get an idea if anyone else agrees or thinks it's a balance against PvZ or PvT.  I have seen on some videos where pathing can be done incorrectly causing reavers to not be able to shoot.  I think it can be fixed but I am not entirely sure.

Either way, good luck have fun!

Tim

Ridd1cK[DFWM]:
It’s in mid base left and right. You gotta change up your style

FaINeR:
I know how to fix it, in fact I already have a map without the reavver bug in the chokes of each base, mainly 3 and 9. I don't put it in because it requires modifying a lot of high ground in visible places.

If you look at the Korean map there is also that bug 3 and 9 in the chokes. It is inevitable without modifying the terrain.

Turtle:

--- Quote from: Ridd1cK[DFWM] on December 04, 2023, 03:24:27 pm ---It’s in mid base left and right. You gotta change up your style

--- End quote ---

It also happens when a corner tries to push a block. From 7 let’s say. If cannons are placed right, they won’t shoot.

RJBTV:

--- Quote from: AoW-Fishy on December 03, 2023, 05:25:05 pm ---I think it is pretty well known that reavers do not work when trying to push into someone's base.  If you build in a certain way, a reaver cannot shoot something that is clearly in front of them.  I am making this poll to get an idea if anyone else agrees or thinks it's a balance against PvZ or PvT.  I have seen on some videos where pathing can be done incorrectly causing reavers to not be able to shoot.  I think it can be fixed but I am not entirely sure.

Either way, good luck have fun!

Tim

--- End quote ---
It can't be fixed. it is part of the pathing system starcraft is coded on. If you fix it in 1 pathing zone, the problem will be in another pathing zone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version