+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 357
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 14
Guests: 331
Total: 345

Author Topic: I will give some advice for improve op ugl  (Read 10476 times)

YouTube_SuCon

• Broodling
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I will give some advice for improve op ugl
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:03:58 am »
I will give some advice for improve op ugl

1. The server itself must be moved from West Server to Korea Server. That way, we can attract many Koreans. Use op ugl as the name of the channel is.
2. As I said before, you should use the Korean Map Style.50 Map.
The map you use is not compatible with the Korean people's feelings.
If you operate the system as you do now, the demand will continue to decrease as the seasons go on.

3. When joining the league, please delete any problems related to Starcraft. It is said that it is difficult to sign up in Korea because there are many people who cannot speak English.
you can probably find me by searching "sucon starcraft" on youtube. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwZwJkJcqh4Ze0qgVfhwnJw?view_as=subscriber

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: I will give some advice for improve op ugl
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 09:40:02 am »
Good advice Sucon, our map is really bad compared to style.5
Will we lag in the korea server?

beaTz-

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:05:41 am »
Thanks for the advice Sucon, we will take it all into consideration. What do you mean by the last part though?

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:17:31 am »
he means the unit question during the registration process is an english answer, even though the question is translated into korean for them. most cannot answer it in english

Arakul

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:30:22 am »
just put a bot at korea server op ugl. ask some korean to take care of the bot and write in korean about swc site and they can play with each other non stop and upload reps here. the play off will be between usa and korea. and thats gg

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 11:35:24 am »
id be interested in casting with some koreans. i think sc will bridge the language barrier

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 12:43:58 pm »
There is major pros and cons to this thoug. If there is a korean league on there map and on there server. The existing Koreans that play in our west league will go back to Korea.. taking that many games away from our league. Also if it is active on Korea , the guys who play league  at west will go play the korean map. Thus killing west fastest scene.

beaTz-

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 12:48:06 pm »
There is major pros and cons to this thoug. If there is a korean league on there map and on there server. The existing Koreans that play in our west league will go back to Korea.. taking that many games away from our league. Also if it is active on Korea , the guys who play league  at west will go play the korean map. Thus killing west fastest scene.

I agree with you, I feel like if this happens then we’re basically killing west and moving to there server.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »
Translating the site was never the issue, they can see our site in korean through there internet browser. Majority of Koreans cannot log onto west’s server because bnet kicks them off of it due to high ping, we’ve only seen a few Koreans here cuz they are streamers that pay for high quality internet. But apparently it might be the same for west players getting kicked off Korea

Arakul

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »
thats what sword have told us the other day. he said he wants to make scw only for koreans in korea server. i guess thats makes his name bigger

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 06:49:04 pm »
just put a bot at korea server op ugl. ask some korean to take care of the bot and write in korean about swc site and they can play with each other non stop and upload reps here. the play off will be between usa and korea. and thats gg

Dangggggg!! That would be soooooooo siiickkkkkkkkkk!!

I don't play the league at all but love to see the game thrive. If this idea actually became a real scenario.... I might just jizz myself. The standard to being decent has evolved throughout the years, with this new mashup people's standards will evolve once again at a rapid rate which in turn would naturally create some of the most intense games we might ever see between the fastest community.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 07:04:30 pm »

That could potentially happen and it might not be as dramatic as it may seem especially when we consider how active it is in west. Not very active TBH. Kind of gotta look at the big picture here. I would imagine that most of you guys would love fastest to be a "thing" just like ranking system is a thing. I would also imagine that most of you guy's ideal situation for the fastest scene is for it to be active, alive and well. Just based off history and statistics( im guessing) west doesn't seem to be getting any better in terms of activity while korean scene keeps blowing up because of the popular fastest korean streamers. Their viewership has exploded since last year. For example, the popular streamer Doe used to only average about 2k viewers and Style would average about 600 viewers. This was just last year. Now Doe averages 2-3k viewers and style averages about 3-4.5k viewers. The scene is clearly blowing up and more people from the "normal" maps are being exposed to fastest and even commenting on games between the players here in this league. There's a ton of smaller streamers but I can't speak for them since I dont really keep with their viewership.

My point is if you guys are looking for an insanely active fastest scene then korea is the way to go even if it comes at the cost of leaving west. We've done this before, its nothing new. People went to east from west, west went to east, for a period of time people nearly transitioned to europe and started making a ton of clans there. The con i can think of right now is network but ive played their server in 3v3 just fine so 1v1/2v2 shouldn't be much of a problem. It's really no different from people who live in Argentina(or whatever other latino country)that come and play in our servers. The most important thing is that everyone maintains the same mind set and transitions together otherwise I probably wouldn't suggest it, the community is already small enough, guys cant afford splitting it.

Edit: Keep in mind that those numbers are only live streams. uploaded videos and streams average 30k + viewers per video which is insane! Fastest league is technically more active than "normal" maps if we added all the numbers together. There is no other streamer that plays "normal" maps that pulls in that many active viewers. Occasionally you'll see flash's stream hit 6k viewers but for the most part and consistently, those fastest players bring in more viewership.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:28:07 pm by PuMa »

-Albert Einstein

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 07:11:31 pm »
thats what sword have told us the other day. he said he wants to make scw only for koreans in korea server. i guess thats makes his name bigger

Believe either way it would still benefit you guys. Say this mostly because I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't be curious enough to test their skills against N/A players.

-Albert Einstein

~RuiN~

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 02:13:00 pm »
the play off will be between usa and korea. and thats gg
I so look forward to this.

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile