+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[News] SCW Season 44 - 1v1 Season End Tournament Announcement by Fishy Today at 10:51:28 pm
[General Discussion ] SCW Season 44 - 1v1 & 2v2 Report Thread by leostorm444 April 30, 2024, 09:23:22 pm
[General Discussion ] TEAM CANCUN NEVER LOSS WHERE IS HENESSY AND GOM by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 30, 2024, 08:49:06 pm
[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 29, 2024, 07:14:36 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 29, 2024, 04:55:35 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3392
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26228
Total Topics: 2408
Most Online Today: 775
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 753
Total: 764

Author Topic: Reply: Kurosakii suspended  (Read 11834 times)

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: Reply: Kurosakii suspended
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 10:28:07 pm »
I'll look into this but I don't think it looks like there is enough evidence of actual cheating just yet

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 09:16:49 am »
League would be 100% better if it just allowed smurfs. Most of the "cheating" is from people who want to smurf anyway. Nothing wrong with smurfing IMO, and it probably leads to higher quality, more creative gameplay.

How many people would play on someone else's account halfway through the season if they could actually have an infrastructure built around their ability to effectively smurf from the get-go? IMO it's much more embarrassing to be the person who shares their account than the better person who plays on it.

Only instance I can think of that doesn't fit this mold is when Cole played on Kon's account in that tournament, but even then there was a 'reasonable' excuse about Kon having to move or some bullshit and not being able to conform to the timing of the tournament. Not good, but also not completely difficult to understand. Tournament coulda just been postponed since, you know, none of these mfs are professionals in any way and their lives cannot revolve around these arbitrary timings all the time. And also Kon coulda just dropped out. Either were better options, but I can't see how any of these incidents at all had to do with "cheating" to win, more than "cheating" to move around arbitrary, borderline useless bureaucracy.

Anyway I could be missing some things. I've been out for basically three months. Pretty neat that Hydra was able to get another account into the top 5 shitting on mfs with alternate play style. I want to see more of that, not motivated by circumventing bans, but just by playing with anonymity. Not hard to understand that given how toxic and cowardly most of the active, but not yet A players, are.

And by toxic, I definitely don't mean just bm. Jose bms indiscriminately, but he doesn't really single anyone out and he also usually doesn't start it. Competitive trash talk is fine, but some of these nerds make it personal, not recognizing how sad it is, and then do absolutely nothing to back it up. People want to avoid that. Top players, mid-level players, and shitass players alike.

hihihello

• Supporter
  • Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 12:24:04 pm »
League would be 100% better if it just allowed smurfs. Most of the "cheating" is from people who want to smurf anyway. Nothing wrong with smurfing IMO, and it probably leads to higher quality, more creative gameplay.

How many people would play on someone else's account halfway through the season if they could actually have an infrastructure built around their ability to effectively smurf from the get-go? IMO it's much more embarrassing to be the person who shares their account than the better person who plays on it.

Only instance I can think of that doesn't fit this mold is when Cole played on Kon's account in that tournament, but even then there was a 'reasonable' excuse about Kon having to move or some bullshit and not being able to conform to the timing of the tournament. Not good, but also not completely difficult to understand. Tournament coulda just been postponed since, you know, none of these mfs are professionals in any way and their lives cannot revolve around these arbitrary timings all the time. And also Kon coulda just dropped out. Either were better options, but I can't see how any of these incidents at all had to do with "cheating" to win, more than "cheating" to move around arbitrary, borderline useless bureaucracy.

Anyway I could be missing some things. I've been out for basically three months. Pretty neat that Hydra was able to get another account into the top 5 shitting on mfs with alternate play style. I want to see more of that, not motivated by circumventing bans, but just by playing with anonymity. Not hard to understand that given how toxic and cowardly most of the active, but not yet A players, are.

And by toxic, I definitely don't mean just bm. Jose bms indiscriminately, but he doesn't really single anyone out and he also usually doesn't start it. Competitive trash talk is fine, but some of these nerds make it personal, not recognizing how sad it is, and then do absolutely nothing to back it up. People want to avoid that. Top players, mid-level players, and shitass players alike.

Thing is Hydra was banned while he played on this account

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 02:06:20 pm »
Thing is Hydra was banned while he played on this account

Yeah, just went and researched it. Thing is, same with Ronin (The~Power) and you, the embarrassment lies the person who shared the account, not the person who played on it.

But even then, I bet the cheating would go down if Ronin or you could just easily smurf and not need to feel compelled to let other people play on your accounts. And if Hydra and Cole could easily smurf, they wouldn't probably feel like taking the opportunity to play on a "believable" smurf.

In an era with no real problem with hacks, it just feels kind of obvious to allow this to happen. I don't think any player is entitled to know the identity of another player unless they are actively cheating in a way that undermines the integrity of the game.

And for perspective so you know where I'm at, this kind of cheating to me is: hacks, sharing accounts (especially in top 10 situations), obs cheating of any kind,  stream peaking, playing the same noob over and over again, picking race last second, leaving because of race/spots, and deliberate disconnecting. And on the disconnecting front, I think either party is a loser for reporting (since it's usually incidental), but I understand that some of these low level players do disc on purpose and not just because they're half way across the world from another player.

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2021, 02:10:20 pm »
I do agree. And gamers are not entitled to play versus smurfs. Nobodies forcing anyone to play anyone. I also see why some gamers might want to smurf. It's alot less pressure when no one expects anything of you. You can try new styles out without being bashed for not living up to your normal ranking.

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2021, 04:14:08 pm »
There's no rule that prohibits smurfing. There is a rule that prohibits smurfing to get around a suspension

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2021, 04:39:14 pm »
Sword #1

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 04:57:11 pm »
There's no rule that prohibits smurfing. There is a rule that prohibits smurfing to get around a suspension

Yeah I reckon my first sentence was a bit of a misnomer. The league would be way better if it facilitated smurfing and encouraged it. And I think that doing so would have likely prevented each of these instances of cheating. We just have a broken culture that I'm sure is hurting league activity. It's the same old people because most gamers split off into pods and keep to themselves to avoid the toxicity. People have historically not been able to smurf without being outed or confirmed by you or Stalker (who definitely did it more) to a curious friend.

Just got ourselves a broken culture here, but what else can you expect when over 50% are on this game because they're running from problems IRL. Just makes it suck for (some of) the people who want to play egoless StarCraft because the game is awesome.

(and again, I'm not talking about regular, run of the mill competitive bm)

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2021, 04:57:56 pm »
Sword #1

Agreed, dude has to put up with too much shit to do a good thing for a bunch of people who don't appreciate it.

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2021, 05:03:42 pm »
There are literally dumbess gamers who hate on sword when he's done nothing but be fair and professional in every situation. I've never seen him once discriminate against gamers that bm him.

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2021, 05:53:25 pm »
Thanks, I try

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2021, 07:18:14 pm »

Yeah I reckon my first sentence was a bit of a misnomer. The league would be way better if it facilitated smurfing and encouraged it. And I think that doing so would have likely prevented each of these instances of cheating. We just have a broken culture that I'm sure is hurting league activity. It's the same old people because most gamers split off into pods and keep to themselves to avoid the toxicity. People have historically not been able to smurf without being outed or confirmed by you or Stalker (who definitely did it more) to a curious friend.

Just got ourselves a broken culture here, but what else can you expect when over 50% are on this game because they're running from problems IRL. Just makes it suck for (some of) the people who want to play egoless StarCraft because the game is awesome.

(and again, I'm not talking about regular, run of the mill competitive bm)
Allen you're pretty bm and toxic yourself so please be quiet

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 07:50:13 am »

First off, eat my dick. Secondly, if you were paying attention you'd notice that I literally never start it. But you literally have drugged most of your mental bandwidth out of your body, and I am not surprised that you don't have the resources to process that.

I'ma give the social critiques I wanna give (and they're right, despite the perceived irony). You can give the feedback you wanna give. But your perspective is incomplete and shallow. I can give you a list of people that I'm BM with, and 100% of this list had a problem with me before I had a problem with them. I keep it real. I don't start the shit, but I do keep it going (and often finish it). Like I've said, competitive banter is fine. MFs need to lighten up for the most part.

What I'm talkin about is the stuff about peoples' lives that they cannot control. Catch me fuckin with someone about something they were born with and/or can't control. Maybe in 2006, when I was a kid, but not here in 2017+ as an adult. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

I'll make fun of you for believing in the illuminati and reptile politicians. I won't make fun of you for being brought up in certain conditions or for tragic events that have happened in your life outside of your control/influence. There's levels to this shit.

Edit: forgot a word (brought UP*)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 07:52:14 am by insaNe »

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2021, 09:01:19 am »

First off, eat my dick. Secondly, if you were paying attention you'd notice that I literally never start it. But you literally have drugged most of your mental bandwidth out of your body, and I am not surprised that you don't have the resources to process that.

I'ma give the social critiques I wanna give (and they're right, despite the perceived irony). You can give the feedback you wanna give. But your perspective is incomplete and shallow. I can give you a list of people that I'm BM with, and 100% of this list had a problem with me before I had a problem with them. I keep it real. I don't start the shit, but I do keep it going (and often finish it). Like I've said, competitive banter is fine. MFs need to lighten up for the most part.

What I'm talkin about is the stuff about peoples' lives that they cannot control. Catch me fuckin with someone about something they were born with and/or can't control. Maybe in 2006, when I was a kid, but not here in 2017+ as an adult. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

I'll make fun of you for believing in the illuminati and reptile politicians. I won't make fun of you for being brought up in certain conditions or for tragic events that have happened in your life outside of your control/influence. There's levels to this shit.

Edit: forgot a word (brought UP*)
exactly my point. What an assholish and toxic thing you just said to me. I did nothing to warrant this personal attack you just made. Please silence your dirty noob mouth you scrub

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2021, 09:09:24 am »
P.S. if you don't believe in secret society which are proven without a shadow of a doubt to exist. Then I don't know what to say to you. I'm living in the future and you're living in the ignorant past. Read a book or two on the subject. There is much documented evidence and you look like a total moron for calling me out about that. What an unbelievably calloused douchebag you are.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]93-61
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord