+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[News] SCW Season 44 - 1v1 Season End Tournament Announcement by LetsPlaySC- Today at 04:01:09 pm
[General Discussion ] SCW Season 44 - 1v1 & 2v2 Report Thread by leostorm444 April 30, 2024, 09:23:22 pm
[General Discussion ] TEAM CANCUN NEVER LOSS WHERE IS HENESSY AND GOM by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 30, 2024, 08:49:06 pm
[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 29, 2024, 07:14:36 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 29, 2024, 04:55:35 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3392
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26227
Total Topics: 2408
Most Online Today: 755
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 14
Guests: 729
Total: 743

Author Topic: SCW and Future Seasons  (Read 6963 times)

islanti

• Broodling
    • View Profile
SCW and Future Seasons
« on: July 26, 2018, 08:38:07 pm »
I'd like to open a discussion on how future seasons could be improved upon.

• How could we encourage more people to sign up and participate? I think people may be discouraged from joining the league because they don't think they will win. Also, towards the end of the season people tend to stop playing. To alleviate this, I propose we reserve some of the prize pool for rewards. One reward, for example, could be a "participation award" which could go to a random player or players that's played at least 50 games during the season. Another reward could be "most time played." These rewards could be worth $50 or $25 or something. This could encourage more people to play and to also keep playing as the season winds down.
  • You may have noticed that everybody is assigned a title based on their "level" (for example, Officer, Lieutenant, etc). Your level is automagically computed based on 1) how active you are in the league and in the channel/community, 2) how long you've been using your account, and 3) your score in the current SCW season.

When a season ends, you lose any additional levels gained from your league score, but your other gained levels persist. Signing up for the season awards you 5 levels, and you can earn up to 50 levels by climbing the ladder. I think this is a neat feature that awards you recognition for your participation and dedication to the game/league. It adds to the experience and could potentially discourage smurfing since your title is linked to your account and if you care about your title at all you may want to use the same account. I like to think it also gives players some incentive to continue participating in the community and having fun.

That's all for now. I'm curious to hear everybodys thoughts on this and if anybody has any additional ideas.

Edit: removed an item that I suspect could derail the conversation...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:49:19 pm by islanti »
To view the Op UGL level leaderboard, visit https://starcraftworld.com/?p=levels

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
Re: SCW and Future Seasons
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:51:44 pm »
1.  Toxic community, we need to fix this.
2.  Website renovation
3.  Checkout my league ideas on the forum somewhere.
 But I think the biggest problem we have is   the game is too old..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:53:54 pm by SaveMeNow »

Stripper

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:51:12 pm »
Target other koreans like Xtre-Brain to come play SCW. I remember Rabbit used to play hard for 100$ or so during UGL6 or 7... Now I see that the prize is 600$.

All in all, you need to create a marketing plan to sell SCW so it can appeal to foreign players similar to Xtre-Brain:
- How to you get their attention?
- How can you manage to attract some of them?
- How can you get them to promote the league for you?
- Are there Korean leagues/ websites you could contact to do a sort of partnership?
- Are there Korean leagues/ websites you could contact so you could put ads of SCW on their website directly?

Truth is I came back after 3-4 years and had no idea UGL became SCW and I used to be a part of this community. Now imagine someone that already doesn't know about "us". How is he supposed to find us out?

It's cool that you're thinking about giving random milestone prizes, but I think you should invest that money elsewhere (ads/promotion/prize for future seasons).

Good luck boys, you've done a great job keeping us alive.

preMier2.0

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 04:35:52 am »
Target other koreans like Xtre-Brain to come play SCW. I remember Rabbit used to play hard for 100$ or so during UGL6 or 7... Now I see that the prize is 600$.

All in all, you need to create a marketing plan to sell SCW so it can appeal to foreign players similar to Xtre-Brain:
- How to you get their attention?
- How can you manage to attract some of them?
- How can you get them to promote the league for you?
- Are there Korean leagues/ websites you could contact to do a sort of partnership?
- Are there Korean leagues/ websites you could contact so you could put ads of SCW on their website directly?

Truth is I came back after 3-4 years and had no idea UGL became SCW and I used to be a part of this community. Now imagine someone that already doesn't know about "us". How is he supposed to find us out?

It's cool that you're thinking about giving random milestone prizes, but I think you should invest that money elsewhere (ads/promotion/prize for future seasons).

Good luck boys, you've done a great job keeping us alive.

Most other korean streamer don't play because Brain is playing. The streamers don't want to lose games on stream and they never play off stream. Losing is bad for viewership. But most importantly the problem with timezones means they can't get games most of the time. Something that could solve this is Koreans playing Koreans for SCW.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 04:59:14 am »
In other words, koreans = faggotery-dodgers, correct?

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 09:04:44 am »
Iin the end, there's no solution to this. I guess we should accept the fact the this game is too old and let the fastest community meet its unfortunate fate.

preMier2.0

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 10:00:41 am »
there are some non streamer and some small streamers that do come here to try their hands.
Leebokju, KimJhin, Sucon and some others tried too. Sucon hates losing on stream and always ragequits after 1 loss. KimJhin seems to be the same. LeeBokJu has been playing a nice amount of games. We'd have to cater to people like Uplus/Voss and the vietnamese scene to get more activity.

Stripper

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 10:37:31 am »
there are some non streamer and some small streamers that do come here to try their hands.
Leebokju, KimJhin, Sucon and some others tried too. Sucon hates losing on stream and always ragequits after 1 loss. KimJhin seems to be the same. LeeBokJu has been playing a nice amount of games. We'd have to cater to people like Uplus/Voss and the vietnamese scene to get more activity.

How do you suggest that happens? Are the vietnamese active? In fact, do you know if the asian scene in general is active... such as the chinese, japanese and so on.

Not to mention that the guys you just mentionned that rage quit after 1 game... they wouldn't lose until they start facing off the "best" of our community or face each other before reaching the top.

preMier2.0

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 11:24:03 am »

How do you suggest that happens? Are the vietnamese active? In fact, do you know if the asian scene in general is active... such as the chinese, japanese and so on.

Not to mention that the guys you just mentionned that rage quit after 1 game... they wouldn't lose until they start facing off the "best" of our community or face each other before reaching the top.

Sucon ragequits after the first loss in a series. Seen it happen every single time on his stream this season and last season. KimJhin kept losing a lot and didn't come back.  [VN]Aq is a VN player. We'd have to ask the VN players we can access on west on what we can do.

GhOsT-ScRuB

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 11:46:44 am »

Sucon ragequits after the first loss in a series. Seen it happen every single time on his stream this season and last season. KimJhin kept losing a lot and didn't come back.  [VN]Aq is a VN player. We'd have to ask the VN players we can access on west on what we can do.

have you guys asked teamliquid? i go to their site and its always active with tournaments

Stripper

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 02:00:10 pm »
I've seen people post about SCW every time a new season starts... but they don't seem interested. I'm honestly confused, if I knew I could get a cash prize I'd play... either it be on 1v1 or 2v2.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]93-61
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord