+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 435
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 373
Total: 378

Poll

Allow landing builds terran on black space

Yes allow
10 (52.6%)
Not is ugly
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Landing terran buildings on black space?  (Read 2958 times)

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Landing terran buildings on black space?
« on: April 23, 2020, 03:59:43 pm »
My personal opinion I like the west map more than the Korean.I am going to list aspects that I like and what I don't like in both maps

Korea Map
What I do not like about the Korean map, the central base with its gases makes it very easy make drops massive, there is a lot of space between the gas and the central base and throughout. You cant block with builds

The choke of 12, 6 and choke 3 and 9 both combine but for my taste they are very narrow mainly 12 and 6.

Another thing that I dislike the hills on the sides becomes abusive with terran against the middle positions. Ah the center is very extensive, you can make massive canon.

What I like about the Korean map the Hills on chokes a terran can going out easier  get out or better defense on chokes.

The central bases of the middle positions are located in the center.

The spots have more space to build in general.
The hills do not provide vision, so it is an advantage for the zerg who already has overlods and also better gas collection and they can building many incubators on one side of the gas.
The choke corner is wider I like it.

West map
What I like about the Space map is the mine and the stacked gases, it makes a more effective and quick gas collection but also This central makes it easier to defend against massive drops since you can put many canons, sunkeys or tanks in a small space, you can block with building for dodge massive drops. Because the space 2.0 provided a row of more turrets but that made more room for drop mass so I discarded that map. 

I like how simcity is built vertically and easier and bearable.
The black space that gives you vision is also nice it takes away the advantage to the zerg but it's fine.

What I don't particularly like are the very wide 12 and 6 choke, it takes 4 sunkeys to block and you must spend 8 sunkeys for a safe choke and that a rush of zealots and medical marines can enter destroying a sunkey and they enter. With the perfect space you only have to spend 6 sunkeys for safe choke with double row of defense or 3 sunkeys to block, that is, in all the chokes of all positions it takes 3 sunkeys to block.

The abuse towards the 3 and 9 spots but with the 3.0 space was fixed but you do not have ledge  to attack the choke 1 and 11 is the main problem here on this map

I Have more aspect for comment.   After  . New topic last reply ------>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:18:47 pm by FaINeR »

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about West and Korea FMP
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 04:07:17 pm »
another weakness on western map is carriers can VERY easy snipe the main of a mid spot by hanging slightly off the edge of a base.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 04:09:14 pm »
Drops are easier to dodge on the Korean map as the gases are spaced more conveniently for it.
May evil drown in its source.

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 04:37:09 pm »
Premier, I already included that weakness the spot 3 and 9 are very easy to abuse with any race, so space 3.0 fixes that. The canons, spores, turret with the original map practically the attack range reaches almost to the other side of the ground. So if more abuse.

Space 3.0 having a wider black space there is more possibility to defend the canon attack range does not reach the other side of the ground so you can defend more calm with wraith valkiries in the same black space.

Newport, It is true that on the map Korea has a better chance of avoiding drop but it does not change the fact that the majority of avoided drop you have to send your workers to another gas from another position, the same happens with west space sending workers to another gas from another position will always be the most convenient.

I will tell you 2 huge disadvantages of the Korean map in terms of drops.
First the gases camouflage the drops is practically not seen and more in spot 12 and 6, that does not happen on the west map.

The other is easier to do drops storm in mid and long game on the korea map for the same fact that you cannot put many defenses in your central as if you can on space map in small space.

As you can see the koreans do not list the hight templar they do it manually because it is easier make drops on the korean map, on space map you have to necessarily use hotkeys the hight templar to make the storm in mid and long game.

direwolf

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 09:03:39 pm »
there is a mixed fastest map that has scw and new super features, it is the best fastest map with 8 bases

i dont remember the name but im sure fainer made it

mixed > styler > super > perfected > scw > new super

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: Landing terran buildings on black space?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 02:15:28 pm »
I open this old topic to know if in the next season the space maps have the possibility of being able to land terran buildings on black space.

The vgt 20-28 maps are allowed and the scw 1-10 maps also because sword took the vgt 20 map as base. All the SCD, UGL, VGT 1-19 and SCW 11-20 maps are not allowed to land terran buildings in space.

The question is, do you think if this function is reintroduced for the scw 21 what advantages or disadvantages they would have. If you have any other suggestions for other maps you can write it down.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:10:17 pm by FaINeR »

La.h1pp13

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 06:44:52 pm »
fuck the maps, fuck the landing terran buildings on blank spaces. BRING BACK ORIGINAL WE THIRSTY FOR THAT META MF

For the people in the back

BRING BACK ORGINAL LIKE TIMBERLAKE BROUGHT SEXY BACK

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 08:48:25 pm »
I feel landing buildings in space doesn't make enough of a difference for it to really be discussed.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 08:49:16 pm »
I feel landing buildings in space doesn't really make enough of a difference for it to be discussed.
Huge difference. Especially the shorts bases of 12 and 6 Terran

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 08:51:28 pm »
That's true, but couldn't you just as easily float a building to the same location?

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2