+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 413
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 405
Total: 415

Author Topic: BattleCheese- // MafiaCheese-  (Read 18117 times)

BattleCheese-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
BattleCheese- // MafiaCheese-
« on: October 02, 2020, 05:06:09 pm »
It's been a really long time since I've played. I recently reinstalled and have been playing a few pub games for nostalgias sake, and learned of this community. Been hanging around in op ugl- here and there and encountered a few players from back in the day.

A few of my Akas, the first 2 were before the creation of SCD and VGT.

U.S.M.C.Cheese
Cheese]Strife[
BattleCheese-
MafiaCheese-

I started playing shortly after broodwar was released, and got hooked on fmp pretty quick. Before there were leagues, there were clans with bots that kept records of clan battles in their channels (somehow everyone had a winning record vs everyone else xD). Some of my fondest memories were large scale clan battles vs Dr.andre's crew and the infamous west vs east tournament. I was one of the first players to random in 1v1s, as everyone just picked protoss back then. I was able to take games off of the top players with terran after a while, which was unheard of back then. Squall and Andre were the people i remember most from back then, I would be curious to see if they are still around or have popped in recently.

After scd was established, i reluctantly decided to play in season 2 despite it being on vanilla, which to me is a very boring way to play without the addition of bw units. I went something like 165-12 and won that season, and then played more actively in VGT, winning a few leagues there. I quit shortly after, came back for a couple months again before sc2 was released, and then quit for good when i started getting into Dota.

Im curious to see who stuck around all this time, who came back from the dead when remastered or covid-19 hit, who has popped in and out for nostalgias sake, and what everyone has been up to. Without social media and the battle.net launcher, i lost contact with almost everyone i used to play with.

I would love to hear about everything that's happened in the fmp world since the release of sc2, which was what 10 years ago?

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: BattleCheese- // MafiaCheese-
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 05:28:39 pm »
quick recap of the last 10 years.

First SCZ happened for 4 seasons. not much to say about it really.

then Revival of Scd happened and a couple old VGT top players returned and did quite well but couldn't match up to the newly ascended kokanee.

UGL happened after that and Kokanee dominated that along with Tyga until a Korean(rabbit) came over and they had to share the domination together. Near the end of UGL another korean Uplus/J.H became a strong player and performed well at the end.

Then SCW happened and a bunch of popular korean streamers tried the beta season and season 1, more or less destroying most people. Brain(sea.kh), an ex-pro card player from the Kespa era rolled everyone over in SCW2 and 5/6 and nobody stood a chance(on broodwar). Defjam did well against him on Original.

Then J.H came back together with leebokgu/Goldscv and they quickly came to dominate since season 8. Scan, top korean amateur low money player came over in season 14 and has been improving quick since.

Bunch of people came back since covid.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 05:40:34 pm by krassian »

BattleCheese-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 05:44:14 pm »
I'm pretty impressed by how much information you condensed into that small post lol. Wow so there are some low money korean pros that have been dabbling in fpm, that's pretty cool. I did see 1 game of somebody playing vs flash on fmp, talking his main cc and all, and still losing.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 06:03:41 pm »
You forgot to mention how king-memz retired your ass with a 4 real arb recall

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:21:46 pm »
Ayy good to see you bud, welcome back. Pretty sure I played you a bunch on my Kirk.@USeast account. Played along squall and Andre in the east vs West tournaments.

BattleCheese-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 07:03:38 pm »
the east vs west tournaments with the 8 man smurf those were legendary haha.

King-memz lmao i forgot about that dude. Probably credits himself with inventing trolling. I only ever played him once, which was really suspect since he had always flamed and dodged until that point. He picked toss, did like a really poor 7 minute storm drop, crashed the game with a hack and claimed victory. 8/8

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 07:16:19 pm »

King-memz lmao i forgot about that dude. Probably credits himself with inventing trolling. I only ever played him once, which was really suspect since he had always flamed and dodged until that point. He picked toss, did like a really poor 7 minute storm drop, crashed the game with a hack and claimed victory. 8/8

Classic Memz antics

Korea has a thriving fastest community twenty times the size of the western community. A lot of pros play it frequently.

BattleCheese-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 07:28:03 pm »

Classic Memz antics

Korea has a thriving fastest community twenty times the size of the western community. A lot of pros play it frequently.
Wow thats so cool. Is there somewhere where i can find some vods or streams? I mostly just watch ASL these days.

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 07:35:52 pm »
Rjb casts a ton of Koreans on the styler fastest: https://www.youtube.com/c/RJBTVCasts

I've  casted some of the scw final tournaments ft Kokanee vs JH/thanks and lots of Korean vs non Korean action on our regular fastest map:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TonyGStarcraft

Brain aka the top fastest player/ ASL pro Korean has a YouTube channel who streams fastest all the time :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqlcSsDNMYxEsem7bWY-66Q

LaMota[xXx]

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 12:57:34 pm »
It's been a really long time since I've played. I recently reinstalled and have been playing a few pub games for nostalgias sake, and learned of this community. Been hanging around in op ugl- here and there and encountered a few players from back in the day.

U.S.M.C.Cheese
Cheese]Strife[
BattleCheese-
MafiaCheese-

I started playing shortly after broodwar was released, and got hooked on fmp pretty quick. Before there were leagues, there were clans with bots that kept records of clan battles in their channels (somehow everyone had a winning record vs everyone else xD). Some of my fondest memories were large scale clan battles vs Dr.andre's crew and the infamous west vs east tournament. I was one of the first players to random in 1v1s, as everyone just picked protoss back then. I was able to take games off of the top players with terran after a while, which was unheard of back then. Squall and Andre were the people i remember most from back then, I would be curious to see if they are still around or have popped in recently.

After scd was established, i reluctantly decided to play in season 2 despite it being on vanilla, which to me is a very boring way to play without the addition of bw units. I went something like 165-12 and won that season, and then played more actively in VGT, winning a few leagues there. I quit shortly after, came back for a couple months again before sc2 was released, and then quit for good when i started getting into Dota.

Im curious to see who stuck around all this time, who came back from the dead when remastered or covid-19 hit, who has popped in and out for nostalgias sake, and what everyone has been up to. Without social media and the battle.net launcher, i lost contact with almost everyone i used to play with.

I would love to hear about everything that's happened in the fmp world since the release of sc2, which was what 10 years ago?

Great welcome back

La.rA

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 11:23:48 pm »
I definitely recognize you as a top player from the seasons i was active. u still got it or what?! lol

Night]v[are

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 07:13:31 am »
Hey buddy! Long time no see. Squall (Dan) gets on occasionally. You gonna pick this up again?

gryM.

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 01:50:28 pm »

U.S.M.C.Cheese
Cheese]Strife[
BattleCheese-
MafiaCheese-

Sup baby...It's ya boy CaM...2010 MLG Anaheim ring any bells? haha <3...I'm almost disappointed you didn't mention my name but I understand :P

Would love to do 2's with you again someday...maybe 1s?  I think we're still friends on FB and BNET?

KuSh[VcK]

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 09:58:42 pm »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 06:48:30 am by KuSh[VcK] »

Oi7iuM[gK]

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 10:34:42 am »
Sup baby...It's ya boy CaM...2010 MLG Anaheim ring any bells? haha <3...I'm almost disappointed you didn't mention my name but I understand :P

Would love to do 2's with you again someday...maybe 1s?  I think we're still friends on FB and BNET?
[/quote]
Are you Camaro from HydrA ?

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50