+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] Today at 01:49:04 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26187
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 485
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 438
Total: 449

Author Topic: sup guys~  (Read 51986 times)

LaMota[xXx]

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: sup guys~
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:22 am »
tom and hash dominated this game for like 4 years
played with hash on sc2. he was grandmaster
marine came for like a year or 2, he was good but tom was On/Off like alot of us.

Agree 1#BattleCheese- #2Hydra And #3Hash, some believe that they wasnt the best because they saw some games of them after they were decreasing theyre level but people who saw them in theire prime know the real lvl taht they reached and was incredible not like nowdays wish are very good players but not those magical games that they showed us

LaMota[xXx]

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2018, 02:25:27 am »
Blah blah blah, we all just wanna see some good games. That’s it. Cole is supposedly the best player we have ever had so we just want to see him play brain. Don’t always gotta take shit to the heart if we say something bad about cole. Defjam, matt, and some others played him why can’t cole? Lol

battlecheese-, hydra[vck] and hash were the best players (non korean) to play fastest map.

Out of the 10 + years of sc i had never once seen hash rage on starcraft EVER lol but there was one time... when marine straight up mopped the floor with hash hahaha. Hash didnt even want to play him and marine had to jump on other pro members accounts to play hash. Man... marine embarrassed hash like 5 times in a row back to back on multiple occasions... Like straight up embarrassed... probably less than 5 min games where marine outmicro'd the jesus out of him. He did this to everyone really.

Marine was easily the best player who to ever touch FMP. Qaa was arguably one of the other prodigies of starcraft that was more like a myth. Unfortunately, he hardly liked to play 1v1 competitively but from my experience in 1v1's against him he had some of the most ridiculous timings i had ever seen. Like upgrades//max records//gameplay. I don't even think he was that fast but he was very smart when it came to plays and timings. It's to bad he never played league's cause he would have easily taken a few seasons with him in my opinion.

I really hate when people bring up the name hydra as one of the best or anyone who has been caught hacking for that matter. He was a hacker and a consistent one. Once you get caught hacking, all your credit goes down the drain. Any games before that are worth nothing or should be worth nothing.

jin was one of the best as well but marine destroyed him when marine was coming up in the scene. Believe it was like 9-1 or something nuts like that.

Marine cleaned out the competition fast and easy like it was nothing and this was around the time when the best of the best played, when mafia/la/xs/pro was insanely active. It was when the original pro was made.

Those games were wack :D

Well marine was winning all top gamers but when all star tourney came around and BattleCheese returned from years of absence, he just came back and destroy everybody and when it was the turn to face Marine vs Cheese, Marine just Dodge and Dodge and Dodge like 1 month every day and the Allstar tourny was canceled... i remember the excuse of Marine (i dont have my computer because im in vacations) pure shit... so at that time marine was destroying hydra and hash but hash and hydra were so far away from theyre best level reached

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2018, 02:48:36 am »
Blah blah blah, we all just wanna see some good games. That’s it. Cole is supposedly the best player we have ever had so we just want to see him play brain. Don’t always gotta take shit to the heart if we say something bad about cole. Defjam, matt, and some others played him why can’t cole? Lol

battlecheese-, hydra[vck] and hash were the best players (non korean) to play fastest map.

Out of the 10 + years of sc i had never once seen hash rage on starcraft EVER lol but there was one time... when marine straight up mopped the floor with hash hahaha. Hash didnt even want to play him and marine had to jump on other pro members accounts to play hash. Man... marine embarrassed hash like 5 times in a row back to back on multiple occasions... Like straight up embarrassed... probably less than 5 min games where marine outmicro'd the jesus out of him. He did this to everyone really.

Marine was easily the best player who to ever touch FMP. Qaa was arguably one of the other prodigies of starcraft that was more like a myth. Unfortunately, he hardly liked to play 1v1 competitively but from my experience in 1v1's against him he had some of the most ridiculous timings i had ever seen. Like upgrades//max records//gameplay. I don't even think he was that fast but he was very smart when it came to plays and timings. It's to bad he never played league's cause he would have easily taken a few seasons with him in my opinion.

I really hate when people bring up the name hydra as one of the best or anyone who has been caught hacking for that matter. He was a hacker and a consistent one. Once you get caught hacking, all your credit goes down the drain. Any games before that are worth nothing or should be worth nothing.

jin was one of the best as well but marine destroyed him when marine was coming up in the scene. Believe it was like 9-1 or something nuts like that.

Marine cleaned out the competition fast and easy like it was nothing and this was around the time when the best of the best played, when mafia/la/xs/pro was insanely active. It was when the original pro was made.

Well marine was winning all top gamers but when all star tourney came around and BattleCheese returned from years of absence, he just came back and destroy everybody and when it was the turn to face Marine vs Cheese, Marine just Dodge and Dodge and Dodge like 1 month every day and the Allstar tourny was canceled... i remember the excuse of Marine (i dont have my computer because im in vacations) pure shit... so at that time marine was destroying hydra and hash but hash and hydra were so far away from theyre best level reached

Bro, if marine said his computer is fk'd then his computer is fk'd. Marine wasn't really the type to dodge from what i remember.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2018, 03:01:00 am »
if u c braingods p and compare it to Marines ull notice a huge different.... braingod > marine.

There's no doubt about it. But like someone mentioned, fmp community has evolved so you can't really compared old to new. That doesn't mean marine wouldn't have adapted and taken a few games from brain. I mean if dejam can do it who has played since marines days why can't marine if he was the top dog of those days?

People adapt to shit way more than some people understand. The human race live off evolution and adaptation. It's our nature. To say/think people from back than couldn't compete with people from now are on some ego hype. Anyone worth mentioning on starcraft from our community are naturally competitive.

-Albert Einstein

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2018, 03:09:00 am »
tom and hash dominated this game for like 4 years
played with hash on sc2. he was grandmaster
marine came for like a year or 2, he was good but tom was On/Off like alot of us.

Agree 1#BattleCheese- #2Hydra And #3Hash, some believe that they wasnt the best because they saw some games of them after they were decreasing theyre level but people who saw them in theire prime know the real lvl taht they reached and was incredible not like nowdays wish are very good players but not those magical games that they showed us

You saw "magical" games cause they knew what was going on all the time. It's easy to counter strategies when you know exactly what somebody is going for. If i have hacks and someone decides to 5min reaver it's insanely easy to counter when you know exactly what time that shuttle is hitting the edge of your base. I get so irritated with people like you lol i swear. He was a  hacker dude.. how can you sit there and give him credit? I just don't understand....

He cheated! He dominated the scene because he knew what people were doing. A huge portion on starcraft is based on figuring out what your opponent is doing.

-Albert Einstein

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2018, 03:20:09 am »

I wanna clarify on the whole Hydra thing. I don't think he's considered a best player overall. But he had about a year where he was running through almost everyone, and if i remember correctly that was the time when penguin launcher was mandatory. Also, when marine was active was POST mafia/xs/la being 'insanely' active. There were quite a few people that were beating marine, and i only lost 3 games vs him EVER outta maybe 10-12 grant i did play his z like half of those.
Paul (Qaa) was also very good, but he never played competition because of his nerves. You can claim to be the best all you want, but if you don't actually play against anyone good, or have people to vouche for you, then it kinda goes out the window IMO. IDK if anyone remembers or heard of "World_of_pain", he smurfed on alot of accounts vs fastest players because he didnt want his pro teamates knowing he was playing fpm, but i personally watched him beat hash, squall, cheese, marine(before he was who he *was*) and a few other notable people, WoP never lost a single match. I'd say he was pretty compareable to brain nowadays.

Nah it wasn't dead yet. 

I mean maybe la wasn't active but la hadn't been active since like 2005 and for the most part it was vincent who represented la but they had their minions who were semi active. The rest of the guild were what i thought was active, kele was towards the end of his sc career but he was still active and training players for pay. Hash was also towards the end of his career transitioning to sc2 but it wasn't long enough to say he was bad or rusty. Xs was very active at that time, they had a ton of pro members who were insanely active who were top notch players. The guild Pro was thriving like mad, everyone wanted to be in pro so you can only imagine how active that guild alone was. It was the original pro.

Hydra was a hacker just stop with the justifications lol. Penguin plug didnt' mean shet people could still hack from what i remember even if u were running it. And it's not like it was 1 suspicious action, people were onto him for a while and his excuse was that he used a 3rd program program to play his music lol which was absurd. Come on people.. lets stop the bs lol this is crazy that people are still defending him after being caught multiple times YEARS later.

-Albert Einstein

MrAKon

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2018, 04:26:10 am »
You guys are wrong about marine or whoever from the past just being behind in the times. None of them were professional level starcraft players. Brain is fundamentally on another level from everyone else from this league past or present. He said he would rate himself ~50th starcraft player in the world atm. That is something nobody playing in our leagues now or then could come close to. There was always people saying low money pros would wipe the floor with fmp players if they wanted to and now were finally seeing proof of that. This is not to disparage the great players from FMP leagues, they simply did not have the same competitive environment necessary to hone their skill to that level. Nonetheless he did and is a level beyond because of it.

Night]v[are

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:38 am »

I wanna clarify on the whole Hydra thing. I don't think he's considered a best player overall. But he had about a year where he was running through almost everyone, and if i remember correctly that was the time when penguin launcher was mandatory. Also, when marine was active was POST mafia/xs/la being 'insanely' active. There were quite a few people that were beating marine, and i only lost 3 games vs him EVER outta maybe 10-12 grant i did play his z like half of those.
Paul (Qaa) was also very good, but he never played competition because of his nerves. You can claim to be the best all you want, but if you don't actually play against anyone good, or have people to vouche for you, then it kinda goes out the window IMO. IDK if anyone remembers or heard of "World_of_pain", he smurfed on alot of accounts vs fastest players because he didnt want his pro teamates knowing he was playing fpm, but i personally watched him beat hash, squall, cheese, marine(before he was who he *was*) and a few other notable people, WoP never lost a single match. I'd say he was pretty compareable to brain nowadays.

Nah it wasn't dead yet. 

I mean maybe la wasn't active but la hadn't been active since like 2005 and for the most part it was vincent who represented la but they had their minions who were semi active. The rest of the guild were what i thought was active, kele was towards the end of his sc career but he was still active and training players for pay. Hash was also towards the end of his career transitioning to sc2 but it wasn't long enough to say he was bad or rusty. Xs was very active at that time, they had a ton of pro members who were insanely active who were top notch players. The guild Pro was thriving like mad, everyone wanted to be in pro so you can only imagine how active that guild alone was. It was the original pro.

Hydra was a hacker just stop with the justifications lol. Penguin plug didnt' mean shet people could still hack from what i remember even if u were running it. And it's not like it was 1 suspicious action, people were onto him for a while and his excuse was that he used a 3rd program program to play his music lol which was absurd. Come on people.. lets stop the bs lol this is crazy that people are still defending him after being caught multiple times YEARS later.

Some of what you're saying is accurate, some of it isn't. The time frames you have are dead wrong. I was la.fog and shortly after that i was xs.agiel. I used those akas for orig pretty much and that was 2007-2008. When i was with LA everyone was active. FruitTerran, khai, samba, insane...few others. Around that time was when marine started coming from euro (i think?) when i joined xs it was active as shit! There were people in the clan that i had never even heard of, and at that time i was a top player. Also around that time was when hydra was coming out of his shell as a good player, before he had ever even been accused of hacking, thats why im defending him a bit. But tbh i never thought he was all that great, so personally i dont care lol.
MrAKon brain is for sure on a different level no doubt. But back in the day *2000-2008* there were plenty of non$ PROS, yes PROS that were involved in the scene, and most of them were getting trashed. If everything was current would things be different? I'm sure brain would be the best, but he'd have considerably more losses.

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »
Lol just go watch a chosen video you will see how non “magical” the games are from back then. But like I said they could’ve adapted and evolved of course but thatss not the case.. if marine was getting those crazy records in VGT then i doubt brain would have had more losses back then. Brain is on another level yes that’s why I said he shouldn’t even be in the discussion.. not sure why he keeps getting brought up lol especially since his success has literally been 2 seasons not 50 seasons.

beaTz-

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2018, 01:13:43 pm »
Mrakon worships brain, we also gotta think he’s only been around for a Few seasons. Once some of our top players adapt to his style he will lose a little more. Fmp is unbalanced  and everybody can lose. Look at Defjam starting to keep up with him. Now once people like Tyga, kon, and etc get active and learn his strats he won’t look like king almighty. Rabbit dominated his first few seasons then started to lose more games lol

LaMota[xXx]

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2018, 01:39:38 pm »
Lol just go watch a chosen video you will see how non “magical” the games are from back then. But like I said they could’ve adapted and evolved of course but thatss not the case.. if marine was getting those crazy records in VGT then i doubt brain would have had more losses back then. Brain is on another level yes that’s why I said he shouldn’t even be in the discussion.. not sure why he keeps getting brought up lol especially since his success has literally been 2 seasons not 50 seasons.

agree.. Brain is in other lvl not only brain look HanKookBBalMu this player went practically unnoticed in season beta hes games are amazing and he keept apm of 450-500 in every game I think Koreans are not invincible but we have a lot to learn from them

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2018, 01:48:21 pm »
Beats is right, look at Defjam he's 4-6 to Brain. Lol

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2018, 08:24:06 pm »
As i stated way, way before. Defjam was the first to crack Rabbit and hell be the first to crack Braingod.

KY

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2018, 10:45:18 pm »
sup guys~

First of all, I am really sorry for complaining and ranting so much lately. 

I'm not trying to change everything you guys have been doing for so long but It's been a frustrating experience to participate in SCW season 3. 
I come to channel everyday to find league games, but it's been extremely difficult.  I know not everyone plays starcraft as much as I do but I feel using original hinders lots of casual players to participate in the league.
I know i've said i'll try to bring Korean users to the league  which wasn't very successful as i wished.  I ask any Korean FMP players to try the league whenever I have chance.  I guess not everyone is open to try new things out.  But now, the league being Original, i can't even ask ppl to join the league.  People think i'm crazy for playing original SC lol...

So far, I feel this season became a league for just select few (sorry if im wrong, but it feels a lot less games are played compared to previous seasons).  It's very disappointing to see everyone sits quite when i ask for 1v1 in channel.

On the positive note, I quite enjoy playing FMP, more so than playing Super map these days.  The play style is very different than what i'm used to on Korea server.  Very refreshing and interesting to play games I find in OP UGL.  I hope this league grows big.  Always appreciate the guys who make this league possible.  I'll do what i can to help this league active.

cheers~

BW for next season !! =)

Its awesome you are trying to push this league to be more active. As a person that been playing VGT/SCD/UGL for many season I am used to original so I like it. I wouldn't mind learning BW it just seems some combos in BW are op in Fastest. I.E. how do you stop someone who just lurker swarms their choke and turtle ect....

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2018, 01:18:17 am »

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]90-58