+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 28, 2024, 11:13:55 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26207
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 547
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 501
Total: 513

Author Topic: -Looking for Ideas to improve activity-  (Read 28464 times)

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: -Looking for Ideas to improve activity-
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2018, 06:49:34 pm »
Stick to the topic or take your fight to PM

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2018, 09:06:17 pm »
Matt, ur pretty fucking pathetic Tbh. If that was my sister/child id actually kill you. Without any hesitation faggot

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »
I noticed some new people in "Op Ugl" today and a game called "/join op ugl". There are some decent pub gamers spread out over the regions and so far it seems to somewhat be working.

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 11:45:40 pm »
I noticed some new people in "Op Ugl" today and a game called "/join op ugl". There are some decent pub gamers spread out over the regions and so far it seems to somewhat be working.

i want to play! 2v2 next season! woohoo!

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 11:49:16 pm »
Hey guys. Another way to probably get this shit more active is to have some games up on youtube. I mean shit, we haven't seen consistent games going up on youtube for a while now! Hell, thats how i got back into SC after all these years. Watching youtube videos, i saw mos flo's videos and thought maybe it might still be happening, and it was! If i can help with this procedure PLEASE l et me know how! i would gladly help with it!! Casting videos would be pretty cool! Also, Having the videos as part of this site might be pretty cool too . maybe have another nav called"Castings" or "This season" or something . i don't know. just some random ass thoughts xP

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2018, 11:52:09 pm »
we need to promote promote promote ! market this as much as u can. what can brain do for us? he hasn't said too much , yet he holds a lot of value to this subject . i'd be interested in hearing from him ideas on how to improve activity.

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2018, 12:05:27 am »
1v1 champion back 2 back seasons with a massive following on social media . heeelllllooooooooo

Rabbitslayer

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2018, 07:25:06 am »
I'm sorry Torpedo, these people dont care about any1 else execpt for their little group of the same people that play in the league over and over.  They talk so much about getting it more active but they just BM pubs so much to keep them away.

sM.Zik

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
    • Zik Gaming
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2018, 03:18:42 am »
Hey guys. Another way to probably get this shit more active is to have some games up on youtube. I mean shit, we haven't seen consistent games going up on youtube for a while now! Hell, thats how i got back into SC after all these years. Watching youtube videos, i saw mos flo's videos and thought maybe it might still be happening, and it was! If i can help with this procedure PLEASE l et me know how! i would gladly help with it!! Casting videos would be pretty cool! Also, Having the videos as part of this site might be pretty cool too . maybe have another nav called"Castings" or "This season" or something . i don't know. just some random ass thoughts xP

I have a Youtube channel where I upload some games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7em3yEoRKZHtvgoMlFEISA

Didn't know they was an actual interest in this though so, knowing this I could upload much more. Playing a bunch of games every weeks and recording them all (streaming on twitch.tv/ZikQc)

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2018, 08:07:39 am »

Didn't know they was an actual interest in this though so, knowing this I could upload much more. Playing a bunch of games every weeks and recording them all (streaming on twitch.tv/ZikQc)

if its league games yea. not random pub games unless you're heavily advertising the league / channel

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »

if its league games yea. not random pub games unless you're heavily advertising the league / channel

Pub games against League players during the Off-season would be good.

beaTz-

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 05:00:31 pm »

That’s cool and all, but doesn’t help when you don’t play in the league. Your channel doesn’t help activity with the league if you don’t even participate in it.

Kush_Ld[FuN]

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 05:07:30 pm »
I dont think this league will ever be as active as SCD/VGT times; people are busy, many hackers, BM everywhere, old game and lack of activity deters people from sticking to the league.

One thing i think would help is if we shorten each season a bit. This would make each league games more valuable and force people to play as there would be a limited amount of time to finish the league. If you think about it, if 5 Top inactive players come back, that would forsure increase activity on all levels. People get turn off it they only see a few top level players, but if there were 10 Top level players, this would make the league more interesting.

Since people usually get excited when league starts but dont always play for the entire duration of the league, don't you think 3 weeks of more valuable games would be better then 6 weeks of spread out games?

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »
I dont think this league will ever be as active as SCD/VGT times; people are busy, many hackers, BM everywhere, old game and lack of activity deters people from sticking to the league.

One thing i think would help is if we shorten each season a bit. This would make each league games more valuable and force people to play as there would be a limited amount of time to finish the league. If you think about it, if 5 Top inactive players come back, that would forsure increase activity on all levels. People get turn off it they only see a few top level players, but if there were 10 Top level players, this would make the league more interesting.

Since people usually get excited when league starts but dont always play for the entire duration of the league, don't you think 3 weeks of more valuable games would be better then 6 weeks of spread out games?
what about 4?

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 01:27:44 pm »
I think the potential to create more activity is there but it's a matter of figuring out how to get the noobs to transfer to the league. That seems to be the biggest problem. What eye candy could we offer that is tempting enough to join our community is a big question. I think a very effective way would be for everyone to find a noob and help him improve even if hes the worlds most dumbest, clueless person at the game. That way you can friend him, tell him to come to op ugl and talk about strategy or just chill. and if you still feeling motivated, pick up another noob after you done helping the first one.

BM believe it or not does play a role. Like someobody said, you will unconsciously avoid negative/rude people in real life, i would imagine the same rules apply in-game especially since it's much easier to ignore people in-game.

Another one is the fact that you guys are playing orig instead of BW. This one is rough on the players who are actively supporting the site but it's a sacrifice people will have to consider for activity. Nobody but you guys are playing Orig. Thats the raw truth. I really don't believe new blood will come over to this league to play original.

Thats all i can think of atm. Ive been afk'ing with game name "/Join Op UGL". Somebody else has been too idk who that is. Not sure if that will help any but it doesn't hurt to try.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]93-61
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7