+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by RJBTV Today at 02:32:23 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26200
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 485
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 24
Guests: 464
Total: 488

Author Topic: -Looking for Ideas to improve activity-  (Read 28450 times)

sM.Zik

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
    • Zik Gaming
Re: -Looking for Ideas to improve activity-
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 02:08:59 pm »
Hey guys. Another way to probably get this shit more active is to have some games up on youtube. I mean shit, we haven't seen consistent games going up on youtube for a while now! Hell, thats how i got back into SC after all these years. Watching youtube videos, i saw mos flo's videos and thought maybe it might still be happening, and it was! If i can help with this procedure PLEASE l et me know how! i would gladly help with it!! Casting videos would be pretty cool! Also, Having the videos as part of this site might be pretty cool too . maybe have another nav called"Castings" or "This season" or something . i don't know. just some random ass thoughts xP

I have a Youtube channel where I upload some games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7em3yEoRKZHtvgoMlFEISA

Didn't know they was an actual interest in this though so, knowing this I could upload much more. Playing a bunch of games every weeks and recording them all (streaming on twitch.tv/ZikQc)

That’s cool and all, but doesn’t help when you don’t play in the league. Your channel doesn’t help activity with the league if you don’t even participate in it.

Oh I wasn't implying it was helping with the league activity at the moment, just replying to the guy that said some vods on youtube would be great. I'll gladly try to upload more inny / league game in the future, though. I can also cast some games using replays or obs'ing games, if any people would want that. Will the next season be back on BW? We need to stop splitting the player base, that's for sure.

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 05:26:49 pm »
Hey guys. Another way to probably get this shit more active is to have some games up on youtube. I mean shit, we haven't seen consistent games going up on youtube for a while now! Hell, thats how i got back into SC after all these years. Watching youtube videos, i saw mos flo's videos and thought maybe it might still be happening, and it was! If i can help with this procedure PLEASE l et me know how! i would gladly help with it!! Casting videos would be pretty cool! Also, Having the videos as part of this site might be pretty cool too . maybe have another nav called"Castings" or "This season" or something . i don't know. just some random ass thoughts xP

Didn't know they was an actual interest in this though so, knowing this I could upload much more. Playing a bunch of games every weeks and recording them all (streaming on twitch.tv/ZikQc)

That’s cool and all, but doesn’t help when you don’t play in the league. Your channel doesn’t help activity with the league if you don’t even participate in it.

Oh I wasn't implying it was helping with the league activity at the moment, just replying to the guy that said some vods on youtube would be great. I'll gladly try to upload more inny / league game in the future, though. I can also cast some games using replays or obs'ing games, if any people would want that. Will the next season be back on BW? We need to stop splitting the player base, that's for sure.

that was me. sorry for the confusion. I assumed since this is the league website that you would be talking about the league, on a thread that is meant for ideas to make the league more active :P

eye candy? MONEY. There is already a prize pool. Thing is it takes a lot of hard work and TIME to get really good at this game. I play a lot and would not touch half of you guys, a lot of people don't have the time to get that good. but i don't believe it's a lost cause, it doesn't matter if a video game was made in the 90s or 2018, if it is as good as this one it will have many players. The biggest thing this channel has going for it is that it's the only channel where good players hang out (other than a few channels of clans with limited population) So just keep telling everyone you see who is decent to come hang and get some good games in
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:31:33 pm by eL]ToRpEdo[ »

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2018, 10:07:18 pm »

that was me. sorry for the confusion. I assumed since this is the league website that you would be talking about the league, on a thread that is meant for ideas to make the league more active :P

eye candy? MONEY. There is already a prize pool. Thing is it takes a lot of hard work and TIME to get really good at this game. I play a lot and would not touch half of you guys, a lot of people don't have the time to get that good. but i don't believe it's a lost cause, it doesn't matter if a video game was made in the 90s or 2018, if it is as good as this one it will have many players. The biggest thing this channel has going for it is that it's the only channel where good players hang out (other than a few channels of clans with limited population) So just keep telling everyone you see who is decent to come hang and get some good games in

You make it seem like people are earning thousands of dollars to win. Most people like you said can't compete with the top. New blood know they aren't going to compete with the top 10 so money cannot be the eye candy. That mostly benefits the players who have been playing for a while now. Noobs are probably more interested in someone trying to help them be good than a money pool that they know isn't within arms reach.

To create activity you gotta start from scratch, from the floor up. That means helping the newbs that are in channel starcraft USA-1 or the randoms in public games. There is no other way. The good players are either teamliquid.net and mostly play ranked//low money or already know the fastest channels and site but quit or are inactive. There aren't anymore decent players to bring in

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2018, 01:19:10 am »

You make it seem like people are earning thousands of dollars to win. Most people like you said can't compete with the top. New blood know they aren't going to compete with the top 10 so money cannot be the eye candy. That mostly benefits the players who have been playing for a while now. Noobs are probably more interested in someone trying to help them be good than a money pool that they know isn't within arms reach.

To create activity you gotta start from scratch, from the floor up. That means helping the newbs that are in channel starcraft USA-1 or the randoms in public games. There is no other way. The good players are either teamliquid.net and mostly play ranked//low money or already know the fastest channels and site but quit or are inactive. There aren't anymore decent players to bring in

wut? definitely not my intentions man. my bad! what i am saying is,if free money for playing a video game is not enough eye candy, then what is? :P
i completely agree with your concept man. makes total sense. and often at times you will find its not only noobs you have to teach from square 1. there are many over average "pubs" who are actually really good! you just introduce them to some strats and there we go! It is my belief that this whole thing is a COMMUNITY EFFORT and cannot be done with just a few people folks :] so please, lend a hand when you can :)

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 01:23:44 am »
Guys, from someone who was lucky enough to have a really good SC player train them under their wing as a friend, there is nothing cooler than when an exceptional player takes you under their wing and teaches you everything they know. It is a really cool feeling. It is like an NFL player taking a NCAA player under their wing and teaching them everything they know so that they can be successful. It forms a very good relationship as well. As long as the student is willing to learn, it is a super cool experience. Whether you know it or not, and whether you think its sad or not, a lot of people look up to the top gamers here, including myself. I think they should set a great example. Some have, some have not. But I believe it's the right thing to do. Whenever you have a moment, please, pass on your knowledge.

I am not saying this is the key to activity, it's just an insightful idea, I think. 

and guys, to the ones who want to coach, it is such a successful feeling, and it makes you so much better! teaching other people what you know only enhances what you know and you almost reteach yourself by doing so.

and by the way, please everyone listen to Matt Mays. He is a great musician and a fantastic person :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:27:06 am by eL]ToRpEdo[ »

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2018, 06:41:54 am »
Guys, from someone who was lucky enough to have a really good SC player train them under their wing as a friend, there is nothing cooler than when an exceptional player takes you under their wing and teaches you everything they know. It is a really cool feeling. It is like an NFL player taking a NCAA player under their wing and teaching them everything they know so that they can be successful. It forms a very good relationship as well. As long as the student is willing to learn, it is a super cool experience. Whether you know it or not, and whether you think its sad or not, a lot of people look up to the top gamers here, including myself. I think they should set a great example. Some have, some have not. But I believe it's the right thing to do. Whenever you have a moment, please, pass on your knowledge.

I am not saying this is the key to activity, it's just an insightful idea, I think. 

and guys, to the ones who want to coach, it is such a successful feeling, and it makes you so much better! teaching other people what you know only enhances what you know and you almost reteach yourself by doing so.

and by the way, please everyone listen to Matt Mays. He is a great musician and a fantastic person :D

I support that notion about having a mentor. Back when I had maybe around 100 games played a guy named KiLLeR_ on the Europe server bothered to teach me the basic 1vs1 builds and a 2vs2 protoss build. I still use his builds to this day, including building placements. He later turned out to be a good 1vs1 player under the name Madara and that fact got me into the competitive side of gaming.

An idea could be to host a public game with "Teaching FMP @ Op Ugl" or something similar and have some people who are willing to teach basic builds and concepts in the channel.

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2018, 02:19:07 pm »

wut? definitely not my intentions man. my bad! what i am saying is,if free money for playing a video game is not enough eye candy, then what is? :P
i completely agree with your concept man. makes total sense. and often at times you will find its not only noobs you have to teach from square 1. there are many over average "pubs" who are actually really good! you just introduce them to some strats and there we go! It is my belief that this whole thing is a COMMUNITY EFFORT and cannot be done with just a few people folks :] so please, lend a hand when you can :)

Indeed. Ive been putting in my time in trying to represent the site/channel but you couldn't have said it better, it will take more than 1 person.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 02:58:01 pm »
You guys don't even participate in league games.. maybe start there
Iv said this before and il say it again. No new players will come. The league only survives off old league players returning from time to time.

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 08:17:13 pm »
Iv said this before and il say it again. No new players will come. The league only survives off old league players returning from time to time.

you're right man, i havent played more than 20 games in a season of SCW yet, but I am just trying to help, like evryone else

iCCup.Core

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2018, 03:03:14 pm »

I am pretty new to the league :)

If you guys want the league to be bigger, do this. Change the Fastest map Space into Fastest Super. There are potentially hundreds of Koreans who are willing to join the league, if we use that map. Fastest Super is more balanced, and many agrees. We shouldn't be too stubborn about old tradition which no one cares outside SCW. 

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2018, 03:46:16 pm »

If you guys want the league to be bigger, do this. Change the Fastest map Space into Fastest Super. There are potentially hundreds of Koreans who are willing to join the league, if we use that map. Fastest Super is more balanced, and many agrees. We shouldn't be too stubborn about old tradition which no one cares outside SCW.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU'VE PLAYED ZERO GAMES. YOU ARE A NOBODY. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN CRACKED TOP 10 ONCE LMAO NOOB GO BACK TO HIDING

jokes...

beaTz-

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2018, 05:00:06 pm »

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU'VE PLAYED ZERO GAMES. YOU ARE A NOBODY. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN CRACKED TOP 10 ONCE LMAO NOOB GO BACK TO HIDING

jokes...

Exactly what I was thinking, you don’t help with activity at all so why would you have any say?

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2018, 06:42:43 pm »

jokes...

Exactly what I was thinking, you don’t help with activity at all so why would you have any say?
This is a very weak argument you're making here. You might even say it is not an argument at all. Core raises a valid argument, whether he has been an active member or not is completely irrelevant. It is true that most koreans hate our version of the map and don't play in our league because of it. However instead of attacking Core you should raise a counter argument. Example: We prefer our version of the map over their version because (reasons).

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2018, 07:01:27 pm »
We have had several seasons where the korean version of the map was allowed in addition to the western map, and the wave of korean activity never materialized. The koreans who did play (e.g. brain, sucon) used our map anyway

beaTz-

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:43 pm »
We have had several seasons where the korean version of the map was allowed in addition to the western map, and the wave of korean activity never materialized. The koreans who did play (e.g. brain, sucon) used our map anyway

This premier, you’ve been back in 3 weeks so you don’t know everything like you think you do.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]93-61
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord