+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 353
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 19
Guests: 334
Total: 353

Author Topic: SCW Season 6  (Read 25626 times)

Purifier

• Supporter
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: SCW Season 6
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 12:11:09 pm »
Purifier, you tend to forget that alot of us are above 25, and have jobs already.
No offense, but I don't understand how your argument is relevant. If you're assuming people don't have time to play because of work, then that's a problem with the activity of the game, not of the prize distribution. Distributing the prize among the top 3 WILL infact increase activity as it gives people something to play for.

I'm not saying to do this every season. But we can every once in a while when the prize pool is this large.

Momo85

• Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2018, 12:15:59 pm »
Also, many people may not even try to win the league if they see the likes of cole or brain winning almost every single game. If you were to make it the top 3 instead, this would give many players a fighting chance and hope to attain some reward.
Also, many people may not even try to win the league if they see the likes of cole or brain winning almost every single game. If you were to make it the top 3 instead, this would give many players a fighting chance and hope to attain some reward.

dano u still stupid for ur life , dont matter abt job u faggot its just some dollers for winner , its just for motivation to  play hard to be 1 or 2 or 3 place , u stupid as fuck , which school did u going ? dano  Mental Donkeys school?

Momo85

• Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 12:21:16 pm »
i hope , we can have fun next season with WC , and our gosu`s player come back like cole defjam monte tyga  kon hardy etc

then we can have legender season like old time

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 12:43:02 pm »
just an idea ; what if we make the playoffs corner bases only.
I think this will negate the fact that right now, you can unluckily get mid z 3x and there goes your entry no matter who you play.

If we're all corner bases, picking would pretty much be irrelevant, spot matters more than race IMO

Maybe it's time to start making progress towards a new map?  The korean map is way more balanced, but the ledges are annoying.  I could probably make a new map exactly like the korean one, but without the raised ledges.

Kol Stalker does not work. If you want the Korean map you should choose the styler map 5.0, the map is already adapted for the Korean style.

You can not adapt the space map to the Korean map because it will be weird. For example, putting the mineral in the center in the middle positions obviously with the gases at par, they are very strange and ugly to play, construction is not natural, impossible people will not like.

Another example is the choke of the corners that are still wider than the new version space 2.0, that makes up for it in the map of Koreans with hills that are not visible until you have a unit or building above. The hills are very narrows  in size comparate with space normal, ez you can kill a overlod in this space without hills, with visibility with the korean map.

In the end the conclusion was reached, the most balanced adapted and the same dimensions is the space 2.0 map and if you want something from the korean map it is better to put your map directly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:04:20 pm by FaINeR »

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 12:53:05 pm »
The tyga idea would be the most balanced but you would have to modify the normal space map, because the positions botton are smaller in size than the ones above, the top positions you can build 2 rows of turrets plus the vertical part than the botton spots. And also the chokes should be made bigger so as not to see so many lamers games.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 04:46:49 pm »
Momo trust me, u cant compare us two. U just cant, im like a dark templar and u are a probe. Thats how bad it is. Btw, no1 cares about the money, mostly players donate it back you loser..... didnt u say that u would quit SC? Ha ha ha... get real u twat-cunt-3fingers-needledick.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:48:33 pm by TealSilverSteal »

sM.Zik

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
    • Zik Gaming
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 04:50:35 pm »
Nice prize pool, should definitely spread it to top 3 and some in 2v2 aswell, would encorage more players to play. Big top heavy prize pool is never optimal, except for the one player that take it all of course.. but thats no fun.

also, yes, I am always interesting in trying new small tweaks to improve the balance of the spawns / maps. 2.0 was a nice step forward imo, but theres room for more improvement. I don't see why a corners only map wouldnt work to be honest.

Also, massive lol at that P picker dude raging in the last pages. Protoss is obviously overpowered on fastest, i think he forgot Blizzard didnt take this map into account when balancing the races...

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 12:01:00 pm »
Nice prize pool, should definitely spread it to top 3 and some in 2v2 aswell, would encorage more players to play. Big top heavy prize pool is never optimal, except for the one player that take it all of course.. but thats no fun.

also, yes, I am always interesting in trying new small tweaks to improve the balance of the spawns / maps. 2.0 was a nice step forward imo, but theres room for more improvement. I don't see why a corners only map wouldnt work to be honest.

Also, massive lol at that P picker dude raging in the last pages. Protoss is obviously overpowered on fastest, i think he forgot Blizzard didnt take this map into account when balancing the races...

Yea the prize pool will likely be split up, but Im waiting until the start of the season to see how much more will come in

islanti

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:23 pm »
Epic!

I'd like to review some Op UGL commands and features for Season 6:

.find <player> - Shows when a player was last seen or, if they're in channel, when they last talked

<OP]Momo85-> .seen spacewar
<spacewar was last seen Wednesday, May 9 at 02:15 PDT>

<Xtre-Soda> .seen zry
<ZrY was last seen 37 minutes ago>

.scw1 <user> - Shows your position or another players's position on the 1v1 standing

.scw2 <user> - Shows your position or another players's position on the 2v2 standing

.scwtp - Shows the top ranked 1v1 and 2v2 players

.1v1 - This lets the UGL bot and others know that you are looking for a 1v1 game and will announce other players in the channel that are also looking. This makes it easier for players to find matches. Typing 1v1 scw will also work.

.2v2 - Same as above, but for 2v2. Typing 2v2 scw will also work

<Sail> .1v1
<Looking for 1v1: Sail [A] FiRe.FreaKyOneS [C-] Chick3n [B+]>
<Sail> chick3n go?

.online - Will show which registered league members were seen within the past 15 minutes that are outside of the channel

<Xtre-Soda> .online
<[4] GanGstEr]Dario Chick3n TwannySavage TrueS->

.level <user> - Shows a player's level and title. Anybody can gain levels by being active and playing games. You gain additional levels by earning points on the SCW ladder. This is just a fun feature that does not affect your league standing

<GanGstEr]ZerG-> .LvL GanGstEr]JoSe.
<GanGstEr]JoSe. is level 74 (Colonel)>

Levels:

1-4
5-9
10-14
15-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-79
80-99
100-119
120-149
150-199
200+
      Rookie
      Private
      Corporal
      Sergeant
      Lieutenant
      Captain
      Major
      Lt. Colonel
      Colonel
      Brigadier
      Major General
      Lt. General
      General
      Marshal
To view the Op UGL level leaderboard, visit https://starcraftworld.com/?p=levels

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2018, 10:36:26 am »
You take away the choice the actual games gives you. If blizzard didn’t want you to pick they would not give you the choice. At least low money people don’t cry like little bitches. Just took away about 350 games from me and invincible][oss. League won’t last much longer as it’s clearly getting worse and worse and poorly ran by you. Fucking gangsterjose won ffs haha laughable.
League is getting worst and ruined because we have people like you who wants it that way, no offense.

K]o[L-Kraise

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:58 pm »
Sail and Nightmare have both told me they have seen hacks. What is really going on what is the deal

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 01:26:45 am »
Sail and Nightmare have both told me they have seen hacks. What is really going on what is the deal
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20759369277

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 01:27:14 am »
sadly it appears hacks are still around but I hear wdetector works to stop them?

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 01:30:54 am »

Pro]BriaN-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:22 am »
SCW season 6 will start on Saturday, June 16, 2018, at 12:00 PM EST. For the 1v1 winner, there will be playoffs similar to last season's, but will be much bigger and include the top 8 players (with the players on top of the ladder having a proportionate headstart in the brackets as before). The prize pool right now for the winner is $520, if anyone is charitable enough to donate we can get this even higher.

Another season of FMP!! Thanks LivE.SworD and other admins who make it all possible! Look @ that prize pool...! That has to be the largest prize pool in the history of FMP... good luck to all players!

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2
RankPlayerRecord