+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] Today at 01:49:04 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26187
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 578
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 15
Guests: 464
Total: 479

Author Topic: too plain, simple, and uninteresting?  (Read 14629 times)

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
Re: too plain, simple, and uninteresting?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:10 pm »
We don't need 10 people playing 100 games against each other. We need 100 people playing 10 games against each other. Giving incentive to mass games and reward them for it is so stupid. It's giving the wrong message to our players. This gives these dodging/pub bashing players a way out to say "hey I can make money still without having to play the best". You don't reward subpar people. If you want to give a bit of a point boost that's one thing.

Hey Chick3n you've won $10 for hitting a milestone of 100 losses and having a sub .500 winning percentage. Congratulations! Wow too bad real life wasn't like that. Get rewarded for trying real hard even though you're not succeeding. You have players playing that have put up amazing records and tons of games played that have won NOTHING. Now we want to reward people for just playing games? Give me a break, that's just so stupid. It's okay you don't have to be good at the game, you just have to play a lot. Where's the motivation to get better and want to beat the best? There's none because you're getting rewarded for just showing up.

Swagnificent

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2018, 10:02:48 pm »
I don't have any comment as to whether or not prizes are worth giving out to reward activity. I'm not even sure how I feel about any prizes being generated at all, but it's irrelevant.

What I do know is that Chick3n is an old school vet who plays for the love of the game. He didn't play this season for any other reason than because he likes StarCraft. Not sure why you've got to use him as an example to prove your point, which is largely baseless anyway. No disrespect, I know you're a good player, but put some respect on the man's name or just don't type it out to begin with. He's just another person trying to enjoy his free time by playing a childhood pastime.

A lot of you adults use adolescent or even childlike tactics to try to dismantle your opposition's arguments. I agree we need more players playing games and not less players playing more games, but literally none of the rest of your argument was cogent. Like seriously your argument had literally no evidence supporting it, yet you touted it like it was some supreme gospel. If you don't know what you're talking about – which you do not (an objective truth, not an insult) – then at least don't be so confident about it.

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2018, 10:22:25 pm »
We don't need 10 people playing 100 games against each other. We need 100 people playing 10 games against each other. Giving incentive to mass games and reward them for it is so stupid. It's giving the wrong message to our players. This gives these dodging/pub bashing players a way out to say "hey I can make money still without having to play the best". You don't reward subpar people. If you want to give a bit of a point boost that's one thing.

Hey Chick3n you've won $10 for hitting a milestone of 100 losses and having a sub .500 winning percentage. Congratulations! Wow too bad real life wasn't like that. Get rewarded for trying real hard even though you're not succeeding. You have players playing that have put up amazing records and tons of games played that have won NOTHING. Now we want to reward people for just playing games? Give me a break, that's just so stupid. It's okay you don't have to be good at the game, you just have to play a lot. Where's the motivation to get better and want to beat the best? There's none because you're getting rewarded for just showing up.

I agree with this kon player. Providing incentives to players massing games is not the right pass. Yes It would increase the activity but not so much and that's not the real solution in  bringing new faces into the community. What we need to do is trying something new. A better website would be great, not saying it needs to look proffesionally made but just enough to the point where it looks eye-catching. Secondly, we really should cutdown on the bm, especially towards newcomers. So you think people are pussies etc when they cant take a bm joke? Certain bm may go to far to the point where it's not tolerable anymore. Just like online bullying, how many people suicide per year? It's a serious problem. Oh and btw, maybe bming is part of the fastest community but when you want new faces especially from the low money community, cutting down the bm is a good idea. We lowmoney players don't ike the bm and atleast most of us don't. you want to bm? bm with people that you know. not newcomers or payers that you dont even know.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:24:49 pm by SaveMeNow »

sM.Zik

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
    • Zik Gaming
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2018, 10:53:56 pm »
Yeah bm is kinda lame... I just wanna play good games, dont give two shits about the banter and if you think I suck or not. just remake the damn game

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2018, 10:55:07 pm »
I don't have any comment as to whether or not prizes are worth giving out to reward activity. I'm not even sure how I feel about any prizes being generated at all, but it's irrelevant.

What I do know is that Chick3n is an old school vet who plays for the love of the game. He didn't play this season for any other reason than because he likes StarCraft. Not sure why you've got to use him as an example to prove your point, which is largely baseless anyway. No disrespect, I know you're a good player, but put some respect on the man's name or just don't type it out to begin with. He's just another person trying to enjoy his free time by playing a childhood pastime.

A lot of you adults use adolescent or even childlike tactics to try to dismantle your opposition's arguments. I agree we need more players playing games and not less players playing more games, but literally none of the rest of your argument was cogent. Like seriously your argument had literally no evidence supporting it, yet you touted it like it was some supreme gospel. If you don't know what you're talking about – which you do not (an objective truth, not an insult) – then at least don't be so confident about it.

I'm not picking on Chick3n, I'm simply using him as an example. I know he's an older player that came back which is great. I simply pulled his name because of his record and amount of games. I have no idea who you are, but I've been around the game for a long time and know what I'm talking about. I've seen it all and been around for it all VGT, SCD, SCZ, UGL and now SCW. I touted it like it's a some supreme gospel because an idea like this has been tried before and it failed miserably. People abused the tactic and it was an awful season and it was removed the next season. If you knew what you were talking about you would know this, but I guess you don't. If you care to have any relevant input to the topic feel free.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]90-58
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord