+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by HyDrA Today at 10:06:06 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26150
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 304
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 240
Total: 252

Author Topic: korea server  (Read 6119 times)

thanks

• Marine
    • View Profile
korea server
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:52:18 am »
The fast map has a bigger korea server market.
korea server no new member, public relations issue.

It is doing it alone cucontv.
okay kokanee? (Sponsor sucontv)

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: korea server
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 02:34:46 pm »
How does giving sucon money help this situation lol,
What’s with koreans begging for money.. isn’t it a rich country?

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 02:50:26 pm »
How does giving sucon money help this situation lol,
What’s with koreans begging for money.. isn’t it a rich country?

The rich are very rich but the average citizen is about the same as the american citizen money wise.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »
Does the average person beg for money? In Canada we have a name for this ..

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:50:52 pm »
Wtf is wrong with these ppl......

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 04:23:00 pm »
Why are you asking for sponsorship? A league is provided and that is enough, get good and win the season in a fair manner so you can earn your money. You should be happy that a fastest league even exists and that sword went out of his way to host the korean map specifically for you guys in YOUR server.

No one out there cares about fastest enough to go through the trouble and pull money out of their own pocket just so you can have fun.

Does this site even have ads? I can' tell cause of adblocker. Going to assume he isn't benefiting from this at all.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:27 pm »
Why are you asking for sponsorship? A league is provided and that is enough, get good and win the season in a fair manner so you can earn your money. You should be happy that a fastest league even exists and that sword went out of his way to host the korean map specifically for you guys in YOUR server.

No one out there cares about fastest enough to go through the trouble and pull money out of their own pocket just so you can have fun.

Does this site even have ads? I can' tell cause of adblocker. Going to assume he isn't benefiting from this at all.

wow disable adblocker on scw just incase......................

Arakul

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 12:42:02 am »
korean looks like popup on google chrome for me.

thanks

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 02:58:46 am »
okay sorry.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 09:47:56 am »
I think it's reasonable from their perspective in that they have a lot of semi-professional streamers that receive similar benefits regardless of the presence of a league.

But from our perspective and our fast map culture, it's important for the Korean players to know that we built this community from the ground up, spamming public games and telling good players to go to channel "cristal", "55", "24", "Op SCD", etc. We made bots that would give more detailed information about how to sign up and join. We  made bots that helped find games. A lot of this effort was community driven, obviously with a lot of help from whoever ran the league at the time.

I think Korean players would do well to work on the public relations issues themselves. Sword obviously plans to provide infrastructure. He's going to need help writing content in Korean that sells signing up for the league. He's definitely going to need to make that language accessible on your end, but you are the biggest source of help for him. You should definitely consider these differences in how we think leagues and communities ought to be built. There is a reason our fast map community has persisted through all levels of activity on this game for nearly two decades.

Also worth noting that it likely costs Sword money to keep SCW going. He's got server costs. He's got man hours spent engineering solutions to new problems. He's got to spend valuable time dealing with complaints from adults who can't seem to act like it and play the league fairly. Asking for more investment from him from a time and money perspective when a lot of the shortcomings can be overcome by a community with a passion for growth is probably not wise. Not wise in the sense that it's unlikely to go down like that. And it makes sense why it wouldn't.

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 03:37:59 pm »

wow disable adblocker on scw just incase......................

It doesn't have ads though, just checked

-Albert Einstein

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 04:04:26 pm »
I think it's reasonable from their perspective in that they have a lot of semi-professional streamers that receive similar benefits regardless of the presence of a league.

But from our perspective and our fast map culture, it's important for the Korean players to know that we built this community from the ground up, spamming public games and telling good players to go to channel "cristal", "55", "24", "Op SCD", etc. We made bots that would give more detailed information about how to sign up and join. We  made bots that helped find games. A lot of this effort was community driven, obviously with a lot of help from whoever ran the league at the time.

I think Korean players would do well to work on the public relations issues themselves. Sword obviously plans to provide infrastructure. He's going to need help writing content in Korean that sells signing up for the league. He's definitely going to need to make that language accessible on your end, but you are the biggest source of help for him. You should definitely consider these differences in how we think leagues and communities ought to be built. There is a reason our fast map community has persisted through all levels of activity on this game for nearly two decades.

Also worth noting that it likely costs Sword money to keep SCW going. He's got server costs. He's got man hours spent engineering solutions to new problems. He's got to spend valuable time dealing with complaints from adults who can't seem to act like it and play the league fairly. Asking for more investment from him from a time and money perspective when a lot of the shortcomings can be overcome by a community with a passion for growth is probably not wise. Not wise in the sense that it's unlikely to go down like that. And it makes sense why it wouldn't.

Well said allen.

It's pretty much a group effort and most of us are expecting sword to carry the league when it should honestly be everyones job here to attempt and revive the fastest community. I dont even play this league at all and still advertise the site every opportunity given, i have it linked on my youtube profiles, i host(while afk) games with "join op ugl" titles there is someone else out there doing the same cause every so often i see it in the games list, link it in korean chats as well. Try to do what i can here and there. At some point i had it on my streams not exactly sure why I removed it but thinking about it now probably should add it again. Must have removed it when i switched from OBS classic to OBS studio.

It sounds pathetic but whatever :o :o :o. Love this game and want it to live for as long as possible.

Like allen said, the foundation and support is there, we just gotta bring in the players, the server is more active now than ever before hitting up to 1.2k players in our server whereas before we were only hitting about 600-800 at most. Clearly there are new players or old players coming back. And fastest maps has never been more popular than they are now.

Maybe it works maybe it doesn't but eyyy at least we tried. Nothing to lose and a lot to gain(in my opinion).

-Albert Einstein

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 12:06:06 am »
I stated before, if everyone would send one dollar. This league would get better.  I know i shouldnt be talking cuz i never donated any money at all, but still...

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:00 am »
I stated before, if everyone would send one dollar. This league would get better.  I know i shouldnt be talking cuz i never donated any money at all, but still...

i will match tealsilversteals donation!

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 12:48:34 pm »
I will also support this "Dano drive"

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord