+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 336
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 17
Guests: 302
Total: 319

Poll

should sword make the TGHF rule? (TONY G HOSTS FINALS) so i can cast SCW tournys

yes
18 (75%)
no
3 (12.5%)
shut up idc
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: should sword make the TGHF rule? (TONY G HOSTS FINALS) so i can cast SCW tournys  (Read 4646 times)

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
i'm interested in obsing /casting the finals of these tournaments but some players don't let me in  :'( :'( with this rule in place i can live stream with delay (so they know no cheating is possible) and it would allow everyone to obs the games without lagging/foulplay.  VOTE TO HELP PERSUADE SWORD

RoNin

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
It will be a rule in my league

big_noob

• Broodling
    • View Profile
tony g can you do the casting of evil vs thanks please

tO_cReAtiVee

• Marine
    • View Profile
I really like you tony and your casting bro, but I voted no. A tournament should always guarantee the best possible situations for the players. This means as lag-free and cheat-free as possible.

When you would live cast the games, you would introduce lag into the game (as any other obs) and even if you would use a 5 minute delay, people could still see what the general strategy of the opponent could be.

So I am against any obs including casters in a tournament game. BUT I would suggest a rule that prohibits players to talk about the results (other than reporting the result to Sword) and sending the replays asap to the caster. Best solution would be, if you casted the replays just as players finished it. Like players play a game, finish it and give you immediately the replay (before starting the next one) and you cast that replay. That way would be the best compromise imho.

Also live casting can be difficult too, things like disconnects or long pauses inside the game happen, which can be uncomfortable to deal with as a caster.

Anyway I hope to see a cast of yours for this, whether live or not, it will be a pleasure bro :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:58:01 am by tO_cReAtiVee »
aka Red.SeeD

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft

So I am against any obs including casters in a tournament game. BUT I would suggest a rule that prohibits players to talk about the results (other than reporting the result to Sword) and sending the replays asap to the caster. Best solution would be, if you casted the replays just as players finished it. Like players play a game, finish it and give you immediately the replay (before starting the next one) and you cast that replay. That way would be the best compromise imho.

I'm even down for that. Just looking for some consideration as i often wait around the channel to try and catch these players who dont reply. Just to be booted from their game once it does eventually happen.

Haku-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
 concuerdo con tO_cReAtiVee, de igual manera si hubiese retraso, el oponente puede desde ya ver la estrategia así este retazado 5 minutos el juego, lo que se podría hacer sería que te pasen el replay ni bien acabe el juego para que lo puedas trasmitir en vivo casteando lo ocurrido en ese juego, mientras se juega el otro game.

Xtre-Cesar

• Broodling
  • You can not defeat whats in your Mind
    • View Profile
They have to let Tonyg the casting GOAT cast.....

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Cesar, shut up... 😂😂

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
i agree with cesar lol
Ps/ has thanks. posted his wins vs evil yet? I dont see them anywhereeeeeeeee

Season Info

SCW Season 44