+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 427
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 393
Total: 396

Author Topic: Will Season 2 be original SC?  (Read 19732 times)

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Will Season 2 be original SC?
« on: September 23, 2017, 01:29:23 pm »
will season 2 be original starcraft? or does everyone love how much more unbalanced fastest map is with bw units

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
Re: Will Season 2 be original SC?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 01:43:18 pm »
My vote would be Original. BW isn't meant to be played on this map, it's not balanced at all.

MagicFingers

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 05:37:37 pm »
Could you please explain why do you think its unbalanced ?

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:12:08 pm »
Finally two guys that actually know what they're talking about. SC for season 2!

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:09:44 am »
My vote would be Original. BW isn't meant to be played on this map, it's not balanced at all.

Fastest was never meant to exist to begin with, in orig or bw.

Original is certainly not balanced. Protoss has the advantage for the most part.

The hardest matches were tvz and zvp and those get a bit balanced with lurkers introduced to bw. TvP was another m/u that was difficult for the fastest community and that is balanced with medics.

Protoss can no longer brute force through wins with zealz + canons.

I think this is as close to balanced as it gets for fastest.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:16:53 am by PuMa »
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »
I think we should go back to original. because late game for terran in tvz is almost unwinnable. also mind control as protoss gives protoss a 400 psi cap which is unbeatable. I think it's was better on original and should be kept that way.

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »
Midspot ZvT is impossible to win as well. Goliaths with upgrades are way too strong so early in the game that the zerg can't even get to a mid game point. Guardians don't do a thing vs goliaths and you can't get a big enough ground mass that early in the game to deal with the tanks. Mid Zergs are almost impossible to win at in bw against terran and protoss.

maFi

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:19:11 pm »
My noob vote will be SC too if anyone cares here.

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 03:23:00 pm »
The point is that they should play differently, why always go to guardians, if they also have the lurkers or perform other mass strategies of zerglings or go to mass of mutalisk or guardians is to try to confuse the opponent.

Kh loop is the most rusher player in the league may have something good, but the troll always wants to play same, at least his zerg varies more.

In late game knowing that the prottos have mind control try not to leave scvs or drones outside or have scourges near the vespene base where the drones pick up the gas.

The t vs z in late game is the most difficult game, before try to annoy it as soon as possible so that the zerg does not get to play comfortably in late game, try to get the vessel as fast as possible and nukes if they delay a lot then is when the zerg play quiet

BW there are more strategies than SC and therefore try to play more different. And also is to know the timing, speed and effective strategies
I know they already know the majority.

My vote is ..

SilverBullet

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 11:58:39 pm »
I posted the winrates on BW - I don't see how original starcraft makes this any better

Arguably TvP is SLIGHTLY easier - until the protoss makes carriers and your goliaths are useless (not that they were great before).

TvZ is already T favored in BW, worse in SC
Same with PvZ

If anything the lurker swarm makes the game MORE balanced - even though it can be annoying.

Corsairs make it easier to drop, and DTs make it easier to tech to storm drop ASAP without dying to a zerg/terran timing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:01:33 am by SilverBullet »

DefJam

• Supporter
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:13 pm »
No offense but i think only the top players can tell wether broodwar or orig is more balanced on fastest. And without talking to any i know for sure that every single top player knows that orig is more balanced. The map is also perfect like it is, so stop making suggestions about changing the map. Super map is a complete different map with different tactics, it has nothing to do with more balance.

archons2

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »
there won't be a season 2. If there is its because i'm busy but i promiss you that there won't be a season 3. Think what u all want but youll see. u won't have to worry about this stuff.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »
Ofc fastest map is not 100% balanced for all races and spots, but original starcraft is as close as it gets.
Some of the Broodwar units are to overpowered and not meant to be made on an unlimited money/gas map. Its clear protoss is the easiest and strongest race to play, but now lets give them a unit that can potential have 400 psi in an 1v1 game. Protoss is the easiest race to turtle with and you cant say hide your scv or drones. Try winning a cross map TvP/ZvP long game without having to build mid structures leaving scv/drones scattered around. Not to mention how easy it is to recall in and out a unit. This alone does not make any sense on an unlimited money map. Guardians and Mutas are way too expensive for a zerg to be easily killed by a cheap costing unit such as a goliath. and im sure everyone knows how annoying and unfair it is for terran to attack lurker swarm.

Fastest Map - I have no problem with the map we have always played on, people have adjusted to it, even if you are a mid spot it may be harder to win but definitely not impossible. Iv never had a problem winning as a mid spot if i have played a flawless game and chose the correct build order to benefit that spot. Its not like your gonna throw down a tripple CC Mid TvsP and play into longer game and be harassed by drops and carriers..No, your gonna learn how to adapt into a good early - mid game macro push.

Broodwar seemed to be a good idea for remastered, bring in new gamers to the league and bring the koreans over.. well the koreans arent playing. and new players are playing pub games, the guys that come to league are the players who have played in previous leagues which were all OG and prefer OG.

The top 10 most active players who keep the league alive season after season all prefer original sc.. so why not make them happy. Seems like a no brainer to me.

If you skimmed it, I vote Original SC.

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 01:47:42 am »
Lurkers in TvZ are vicious combo to have. They are basically moving sunkens that could potentially help slow down tank pushes in preparation for guardians. Swarm plays a major role in bw because of lurkers. Would imagine lurker + guardian combo would help prolong the game to a mid game enough to transition into a defiler//ling//lurker build. Ive tested it in a few 1s and granted it wasn't vs amazing players and also im not exactly at the top of my game atm but it seemed to work decently and it didn't feel so 1 sided like TvZ's usually feel. I love that terran is now forced to rush vessel//scans to keep a consistent push.

PvT is such a pain in the ass on orig. Terran basically has to perfectly micro his units to outplay a basic zealot + canon push. Medics really is game changing vs early game protoss. God damn i love medics. You dont even need that many, early game 3-5 medics is ridiculously strong and it helps a ton to slow down zealot + canon pushes so that you have opportunity to transition into tech. Goliath are wonderful and actually useful vs carriers. Only thing that still sucks about this one is P now has corsairs lol which have such a short production and is insanely viable for drops and is pretty cheap to make. I think it's only fair since terran gets quite an improvement from orig to bw with medics introduced to the game.

ZvP lurkers, lurkers, lurkers. They are a wonderful thing, use them, then use them some more.

I don't really care what version of sc you all play on TBH since im not playing this season. Will play next one for sure, been trying to dust off this wall of rust with pubs. Trying to get the mechanics part of the game back, feels a lot slower than i remember. But I think you guys are overlooking how fun BW is and the variety it brings in comparison to orig. Can't imagine myself going back to orig. Lurkers are wayyyy to fun. Medics are FANTASTIC! lol. Stim/movement speed for days.

We've just about seen it all on Orig. Every move, every strat, every build. BW brings a bunch of new tools to the table that can really make observing games much more entertaining if the person feels cocky enough to use them. The good thing about fastest is we have the luxury to use these units freely where as low money players are limited to a set of strats because some units are to expensive and unrealistic to play with on such limited resources.

Dang.. i miss talking about sc :D I'm hella nerd.

Anyways, to each their own. Again, I'm not playing this season so it doesn't matter what i say but the points i make are interesting and well... it's starcraft forum.  ;D
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 02:25:00 am »
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:18:26 am by ZeuZ »

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1