+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 427
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 412
Total: 420

Author Topic: SCW 5 Play-OFFS THREAD - Information & Discussion  (Read 26309 times)

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 5 Play-OFFS THREAD - Information & Discussion
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2018, 04:03:01 pm »
I can play today maybe in a few hours need to finish my errands first.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2018, 02:15:40 am »
In the disconnect I was defending well against his drops, and he got my money, but I had a bank, and 1 or 2 groups burrowed. I was also getting ready to drop him with defiler lurker and guards to pave the way. He had nothing to guard his main. I could've easily won the match. PLease give me a rematch!

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2018, 04:04:00 am »
In the disconnect I was defending well against his drops, and he got my money, but I had a bank, and 1 or 2 groups burrowed. I was also getting ready to drop him with defiler lurker and guards to pave the way. He had nothing to guard his main. I could've easily won the match. PLease give me a rematch!

lol. this must be a joke.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2018, 04:17:56 am »

lol. this must be a joke.
No, sry not a joke, mind your own business pubby

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2018, 05:57:14 am »
UPDATE:
Round 1: GanGstEr]ZerG- vs FiRe.SpiRiTs
  • TvZ ZerG 1-0 SpiRiTs
  • TvZ ZerG 2-0 SpiRiTs
  • PvZ ZerG 3-0 SpiRiTs

Round 2: FiRe.Buu vs GanGstEr]ZerG-
  • ZvT Buu 0-1 ZerG-
  • ZvT Buu 0-2 ZerG-
  • ZvZ Buu 0-3 ZerG-

Round 3: GanGsEr]JoSe. vs GanGstEr]ZerG-
JoSe. is ZerG-, JoSe. wins round 3 by default. JoSe. Wins SCW Season 5.

Congrats to JoSe.!

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2018, 06:03:22 am »
rematch!

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2018, 06:19:31 am »
rematch!
"Disconnecting will result in a loss, unless it can be proven in the replay that you were winning up until the point of disconnection."

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2018, 09:50:48 am »
Even though Gangster]Jose Won, I think the setup for the final tournament is kind of unfair. I know Jose deserve to be in the top 5 spot because his rank proves It but one player having 2 names on top 5 and count those 2 names into the tournament is wrong IMO. If a player plays on 2 account and both manage to get to top 5, one of his account should be discarded from the tournament and bump up the player below him. So basically, the top 5 should be

1. Gangster]jose.
2.Fire.Buu
3.Fire.Spirit
4. Sail
5. Resoud

Gangster]Zerg- should be discard because it's the same person as Jose.

Anyone else agree to this? I think the tournament is not properly setup.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2018, 10:04:02 am »
Even though Gangster]Jose Won, I think the setup for the final tournament is kind of unfair. I know Jose deserve to be in the top 5 spot because his rank proves It but one player having 2 names on top 5 and count those 2 names into the tournament is wrong IMO. If a player plays on 2 account and both manage to get to top 5, one of his account should be discarded from the tournament and bump up the player below him. So basically, the top 5 should be

1. Gangster]jose.
2.Fire.Buu
3.Fire.Spirit
4. Sail
5. Resoud

Jose. earned both spots. He didn't work any less hard for his second entry than his first or than any other player worked for their respective spot. By restricting it to 1 entry per person instead of one entry per rank, we will end up hurting active players who don't restrict themselves to a single account. Hard work and investment should be adequately rewarded. I personally like the current iteration. But if enough people are against multiple entries by the same person we'll definitely make changes.

So far people have voiced two legit concerns:
  • Two entries same person fair or unfair?
  • Only have play-offs if points between ladder leaders are close to one another.

If possible I'd like people their opinions on the above two concerns.

Swagnificent

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2018, 10:54:05 am »
Two entries is totally legitimate and fair, considering all of the effort it took to get there.

As far as whether or not there should be a tournament, I think it should only happen if it's close and if the top players haven't been playing each other due to scheduling conflicts or dodging.

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2018, 10:54:52 am »

1. Gangster]jose.
2.Fire.Buu
3.Fire.Spirit
4. Sail
5. Resoud

Jose. earned both spots. He didn't work any less hard for his second entry than his first or than any other player worked for their respective spot. By restricting it to 1 entry per person instead of one entry per rank, we will end up hurting active players who don't restrict themselves to a single account. Hard work and investment should be adequately rewarded. I personally like the current iteration. But if enough people are against multiple entries by the same person we'll definitely make changes.

• Only have play-offs if points between ladder leaders are close to one another.

Although I respect your Opionion but I may have to disagree some of things you point out here.  yes he didn't work any less hard for his second entry than his first or than any other player worked for their respective spot but the point is it's not about whether or not a player has worked hard for his spot. It's about making the tournament fair and organized. Yes you can make as many account as you want to enter the league and PLAY BUT ONLY 1 entry allowed to enter top 5 tournament.

"By restricting it to 1 entry per person instead of one entry per rank, we will end up hurting active players who don't restrict themselves to a single account. "

I don't think this will hurt the activness of players if you only allowed one "top 5 tournament entry" per person. Anyone can play on the "league" as many account as they want right? But just not many accounts for top 5 entry if you understand what I mean.

Swagnificent

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2018, 11:00:30 am »

1. Gangster]jose.
2.Fire.Buu
3.Fire.Spirit
4. Sail
5. Resoud

Although I respect your Opionion but I may have to disagree some of things you point out here.  yes he didn't work any less hard for his second entry than his first or than any other player worked for their respective spot but the point is it's not about whether or not a player has worked hard for his spot. It's about making the tournament fair and organized. Yes you can make as many account as you want to enter the league and PLAY BUT ONLY 1 entry allowed to enter top 5 tournament.

"By restricting it to 1 entry per person instead of one entry per rank, we will end up hurting active players who don't restrict themselves to a single account. "

I don't think this will hurt the activness of players if you only allowed one "top 5 tournament entry" per person. Anyone can play on the "league" as many account as they want right? But just not many accounts for top 5 entry if you understand what I mean.

If a player has two accounts in the top 5, how is it fair to nullify one of their accounts entirely?

You didn't present any evidence to back up your second opinion of whether or not it would affect league activity, so it can be pretty easily discarded. Preventing multiple accounts from entering the top 5 literally de-incentivizes that player to even play the games on their second account at all, which in Jose's case, would have been 63 less games. That's quantifiable activity loss.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2
RankPlayerRecord