+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 26, 2024, 05:33:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26199
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 495
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 14
Guests: 419
Total: 433

Author Topic: TVZ Broodwar  (Read 859 times)

DE-Mana

• Muted
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
TVZ Broodwar
« on: January 13, 2024, 08:20:30 pm »
I saw QlolQ and HyDrA play recently and was wondering how do you guys counter the lurker swarm choke?

I was thinking a dropship full of Firebats or Nuke.

Any other ideas? 🤔
Consider Yz if you're looking! ✌️🤓

USEast in the house c(:
J Nyght

Team DC 🌝

Ridd1cK[DFWM]

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: TVZ Broodwar
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 11:46:24 pm »
non stop drone harassment, drops on main/side of base, nukes, also mines will killl lurkers under swarm. medic/firebat also irr with science v, 

DE-Mana

• Muted
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 12:46:50 am »
non stop drone harassment, drops on main/side of base, nukes, also mines will killl lurkers under swarm. medic/firebat also irr with science v,

That's what HyDrA did and won his TVZ matchups but I was wondering if a Firebat drop on the swarm would open up the choke by surprise because the Zerg probably didn't make new lurkers to reswarm! Good insight though 👍

I'm very low level so I was wondering if melee units die in Zerg's swarm?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 12:49:17 am by Mana »

USEast in the house c(:
J Nyght

Team DC 🌝

Ridd1cK[DFWM]

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 08:21:00 am »
Maybe if the lurkers where already atking something and the bats hit them from the back.  if u just drop them on top. they would die really quick. swarm only melee atks work and when borrowed seage tanks do nothing. firebats do kill lurkers.. if it was 10 bats/medics vs 1 lurker the bats would win. but if the lurker number grows...
me personally if its only 2-3, ill run by

Dreadlord Proletius

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 02:33:19 pm »
mass vessels

Magnatron

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2024, 03:34:12 pm »
If you follow my tvz you will have 90% win rate or better. go for a fast 1 factory push, either in the middle or in your base place your factory. Then go for stim and another gas, keep adding depots and dont forget to pump scvs and marines medics and tank. push the zerg while adding 2 more rax after stim is done. can also add an enginneering bay or 2 for +1 and a float over the sunks eng bay. add another gas after you start starport, get a fast vessel while massing marines and tanks off 1 factory and 5 rax, and at any time you get the money after you get vessel, make a double cc and an armory. eventually keep harassing and growing while adding valks and vessels, then once you are big, you win the late game by shield matrix over valks and irradiating them then flying the valks over their mins and gas meanwhile pushing the front by sniping the defilers with what ever you can namely irradiates. Watch my reps or any of the koreans for reference since I stole my tvz from JH. Hope that helps with the frustration.

Dreadlord Proletius

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2024, 04:00:16 pm »
keep adding depots are you sure??

Magnatron

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2024, 04:43:41 pm »
had to enphasize how important that is because if you dont hit like 120 supply 8 minutes you might not break and gives the z the advantage

DE-Mana

• Muted
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2024, 05:22:14 pm »
If you follow my tvz you will have 90% win rate or better. go for a fast 1 factory push, either in the middle or in your base place your factory. Then go for stim and another gas, keep adding depots and dont forget to pump scvs and marines medics and tank. push the zerg while adding 2 more rax after stim is done. can also add an enginneering bay or 2 for +1 and a float over the sunks eng bay. add another gas after you start starport, get a fast vessel while massing marines and tanks off 1 factory and 5 rax, and at any time you get the money after you get vessel, make a double cc and an armory. eventually keep harassing and growing while adding valks and vessels, then once you are big, you win the late game by shield matrix over valks and irradiating them then flying the valks over their mins and gas meanwhile pushing the front by sniping the defilers with what ever you can namely irradiates. Watch my reps or any of the koreans for reference since I stole my tvz from JH. Hope that helps with the frustration.

My TVZ is from )S( in Original East and it always get stopped by the enemy Zerg, maybe my tank push and stim marines are not controlled well?

USEast in the house c(:
J Nyght

Team DC 🌝

DE-Mana

• Muted
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 06:37:18 pm »
My most recent TVZ was a three factory all in tank push but I think I fucked up the choke break by sending my marines to tank the sunkens instead of my ten tanks which would've probably won the game if I didn't lose all my marines and had them kill the guardians but who knows since I'm not a high apm player! 😮‍💨

The game has changed alot since I last played so I'm unable to keep up with the speed lings and crazy fast tech users yet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 06:39:06 pm by Mana »

USEast in the house c(:
J Nyght

Team DC 🌝

DE-Mana

• Muted
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 05:57:29 pm »
Three Barrack, Factory Tank push.

Firebat drops while pushing choke to make Zerg defend Drones.
Wraiths to hunt Overloads forcing Zerg to waste 100 Minerals over and over again and then prepare a Vessel for Lurkers.
Continue pushing and look for a four to six Tank drop.

USEast in the house c(:
J Nyght

Team DC 🌝

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]91-59
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7