+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 26, 2024, 05:33:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26199
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 474
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 395
Total: 401

Author Topic: TvP How do you like to counter cars?  (Read 864 times)

Fishy

• Supporter
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
TvP How do you like to counter cars?
« on: February 12, 2024, 12:09:10 am »
I have seen a lot of ways to do this but what's your favorite?  I am starting to like using valks more and more. I realized valks can be better because it prevents the toss from getting psi back to make more units because they are soaking it all up. If you kill the cars with wraiths then psi is opened up.  Lock downs are nice too for that same reason.

Whats your thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 12:11:23 am by Fishy »

kenny

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: TvP How do you like to counter cars?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 12:28:37 am »
I like your style. Although my personally preferred method of dealing with 12+ carriers once I see them is to announce “gg” to my opponent and promptly leaving the game.  Ain’t nobody got time for that.

DE-Mana

• Muted
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 12:34:00 am »
I have seen a lot of ways to do this but what's your favorite?  I am starting to like using valks more and more. I realized valks can be better because it prevents the toss from getting psi back to make more units because they are soaking it all up. If you kill the cars with wraiths then psi is opened up.  Lock downs are nice too for that same reason.

Whats your thoughts?

It's like the perfect time to build Wraiths and Valkyries along with a huge tank drop.

Turret the fuck up so you can hold.
Consider Yz if you're looking! ✌️🤓

USEast in the house c(:
J Nyght

Team DC 🌝

Alex

• Season Winner
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:51:43 am »
Get Rich and use 200/200 army valky+tank , 12 scv on mine

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 06:13:47 pm »
Valks are great but the AOE from Valks doesn't splash onto other interceptors. They're mainly awesome against carrier micro because the interceptors return to the carrier which causes massive damage from the Valkyrie halo rockets onto the carriers. But against regular attack move split carriers Valkyries are a great tool to just hang in the back on HOLD position where they are outside of carrier range.

Really good combination options are EMP+valkyrie. EMP+Valkyrie+Ghost lockdown. EMP+goliaths+Ghost lockdown. You can if you're not rich enough to afford the massive transition to Valkyrie stick to marined medic for a short bit because interceptors die very quickly to stimmed marines with 1-3 attack upgrade.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 06:15:19 pm by RJBTV »

Ridd1cK[DFWM]

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 07:55:16 pm »

Whats your thoughts?

I personally don’t go into valks until I see (mass drop, or cars) valks are similar to a tank in the aspect of your taking siege, and waiting for the attack to come. As in if I place 10 tanks at the choke of the toss with my push then I’ll have valks sitting on top of that and the rest of my psi will be used to push deeper into the base.

Emp +10 valks will make 12 dropships disappear so quickly.   But with valks you wanna reframe from making to many because the amount of supply it cost.  8 wraths will 1 shot a shuttle, early game its best to get that and just be active on the map. 

Hope this helps

Ridd1cK[DFWM]

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 05:54:29 am »
You also wanna go off the mass cars, as the number increases of cars so can the number of valks. But don’t get caught with your pants down, kill the valks as quick as the cars die

Fishy

• Supporter
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 06:36:53 pm »
You also wanna go off the mass cars, as the number increases of cars so can the number of valks. But don’t get caught with your pants down, kill the valks as quick as the cars die

Thats a great point and i did not think much of that.  Get rid of them once their job is complete.  I will have to go back and see how much psi they take up...

carriers123

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 09:21:31 pm »

Thats a great point and i did not think much of that.  Get rid of them once their job is complete.  I will have to go back and see how much psi they take up...

This is were your scan cycling comes in. If you can keep scanning stargates every now and then, you can confirm whether the protoss will make new carriers, or back into a gateway army. If you see the stargates producing, stick with the valks. If you don't see them producing, sack some valkyries so you have exactly enough to snipe shuttle drops.

Fishy

• Supporter
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 09:28:49 pm »

Genius.  I think I would sometimes do this by accident but you pointing it out makes sense.

This is were your scan cycling comes in. If you can keep scanning stargates every now and then, you can confirm whether the protoss will make new carriers, or back into a gateway army. If you see the stargates producing, stick with the valks. If you don't see them producing, sack some valkyries so you have exactly enough to snipe shuttle drops.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]92-60
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord