+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by JoesCastyCasts Today at 03:56:08 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] Today at 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26179
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 334
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 241
Total: 253

Author Topic: -Looking for Ideas to improve activity-  (Read 28414 times)

direwolves

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: -Looking for Ideas to improve activity-
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 01:10:19 pm »
the league is very boring actually, it should be BW or use ather map

beaTz-

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 01:13:54 pm »
the league is very boring actually, it should be BW or use ather map

You haven’t played 1 game so how do you know it’s boring? Lol

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 04:05:18 pm »
I agree with what Mark said and Cole has been saying this forever, no one wants to be better or be the best anymore. The top players have stayed the same for years because no one is pushing or trying to be better. Like Mark said, everyone is just happy pubbing and winning easy games and not trying to better themselves. If you look at the standings it's basically the same people in top 5 every season for the past 15 seasons. I don't think this is blaming dodgers solely, it's the fact that the game is old and there isn't many new comers to the game. So it's hard to reach new people and get them motivated to be better at a game so old. A lot of players are just happy with playing pub games and that's fine. But an argument can be made that people play pub games because they would rather win instead of improve and that's their prerogative. Which is definitely a factor in why this game is dying and that's probably not going to change, unfortunate as that is.

I personally don't play as much as I used to, but I still enjoy to get on and play every now and then and it is very hard to find league games. I generally have to go and play pub games, because I can't get a league game. As much as I hate BW, maybe it is better for the league to be a BW league. But we all then have to live with the fact that Brain will win every season going forward and no one stands a chance. So I'd save your money Jacek! Or this is basically Brain's personal go fund me league lol.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 05:33:04 pm »
I agree with what Mark said and Cole has been saying this forever, no one wants to be better or be the best anymore. The top players have stayed the same for years because no one is pushing or trying to be better. Like Mark said, everyone is just happy pubbing and winning easy games and not trying to better themselves. If you look at the standings it's basically the same people in top 5 every season for the past 15 seasons. I don't think this is blaming dodgers solely, it's the fact that the game is old and there isn't many new comers to the game. So it's hard to reach new people and get them motivated to be better at a game so old. A lot of players are just happy with playing pub games and that's fine. But an argument can be made that people play pub games because they would rather win instead of improve and that's their prerogative. Which is definitely a factor in why this game is dying and that's probably not going to change, unfortunate as that is.

I personally don't play as much as I used to, but I still enjoy to get on and play every now and then and it is very hard to find league games. I generally have to go and play pub games, because I can't get a league game. As much as I hate BW, maybe it is better for the league to be a BW league. But we all then have to live with the fact that Brain will win every season going forward and no one stands a chance. So I'd save your money Jacek! Or this is basically Brain's personal go fund me league lol.

Korean activity and skill could potentially be a driving factor for western improvement and activity. And if it doesn't stimulate western activity it could at least motivate more Koreans to come over. We would need help from Brain, Tokki and other koreans to spread the word. For as far as I know there is no korean league for Super map and providing them with a platform could be a game changer.

Also, a lot of these pubbers have the base skill to compete at the lower levels of SCW and could over time compete at the middle level. The question is how do we market the league to these people in order to draw them in. We have identified multiple problems and I think it is our job to trouble shoot.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 06:38:44 pm »
One factor that no1 mentioned is that were all getting alot older. Comn  were not 15 anymore. ppl got obligations and companys to run, not to mention family...

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 07:10:11 pm »
One factor that no1 mentioned is that were all getting alot older. Comn  were not 15 anymore. ppl got obligations and companys to run, not to mention family...

That's the biggest factor without a doubt. But don't forget that gaming is now the most popular past-time activity world-wide. How can we interest people who now have all kinds of obligations to spend some of their free time on playing starcraft? To be honest I am starting to feel like Blizzard is in part to blame for running a poor marketing strategy over the years.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 07:11:59 pm »
Or the activity is good, if u consider sc2. But we, whos still on bw dont like it. So if you c it from their point of view, its our fault... we all should actually start playing sc2 then we wouldt have this problem...

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 07:22:14 pm »
Or the activity is good, if u consider sc2. But we, whos still on bw dont like it. So if you c it from their point of view, its our fault... we all should actually start playing sc2 then we wouldt have this problem...

SC2 activity has decreased over the past year and a half. Event views are dropping, streamer views are dropping, PVP activity on the ladders is decreasing as more people elect to play vs AI over people. The Starcraft subreddit isn't nearly as active as it used to be. They have however been included into the Olympics afaik.

Wankenstein

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 11:11:00 pm »
I don't think there's any crazy science behind it.

This game is old. 20 years old to be exact. VGT had crazy activity because it was alive and thriving before the release of SC2.

There was a pretty significant hit in the years that followed after sc2. Granted, alot of the core players stuck around, but its definitely been on a decline ever since. SC2 was released eight years ago. That puts probably most of us in our mid/late 20s or beyond.  Between the dozens of modern games that exist and people just straight up not having as much time anymore due to families and jobs, it's impressive there's as many people as there are still playing this game.

West at best case, has like 800 players. That's including people playing ums and ladder. Usually that number floats around 400-500. Not dead, but not exactly what it was sitting at 10 years ago.

Perhaps there are some ways to increase activity to a degree, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on the expectation of it ever returning to its former glory. SC:R was a great thing to happen to those of us who are life-long die hard SC1 players, but it's not enough to bring back the population numbers this game was hitting a decade ago.

Wankenstein

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 11:15:14 pm »

Korean activity and skill could potentially be a driving factor for western improvement and activity. And if it doesn't stimulate western activity it could at least motivate more Koreans to come over. We would need help from Brain, Tokki and other koreans to spread the word. For as far as I know there is no korean league for Super map and providing them with a platform could be a game changer.

Also, a lot of these pubbers have the base skill to compete at the lower levels of SCW and could over time compete at the middle level. The question is how do we market the league to these people in order to draw them in. We have identified multiple problems and I think it is our job to trouble shoot.

Not to mention Korean servers have about 4x the population of any of the US servers at any given time. They simply have the numbers, and a lot of them actually like fastest style maps. DoeJuly usually streams to like 3000~ or so people, and always fastest. They could hype a league faster than anyone here ever could.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2018, 01:53:41 am »
Those who are active need to tell the pubs about the league or someone could make a bot host a game advertising the league 24/7

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:56 am »
I think the problem with Koreans is regional latency. Nothing pisses off pro gamers like high lat does

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 04:22:10 am »
Yea... the lat is hortible, haha....

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 02:27:46 pm »
Those who are active need to tell the pubs about the league or someone could make a bot host a game advertising the league 24/7

This is a good start. Also spreading the word to people might also help.

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2018, 03:30:14 pm »

This is a good start. Also spreading the word to people might also help.
This would require people to 'pub'

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]89-55
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2