+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 415
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 405
Total: 416

Author Topic: Brain should not be allowed money for playing this league  (Read 17562 times)

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Brain should not be allowed money for playing this league
« on: June 15, 2018, 07:41:45 pm »
Please I know you all are fans of brain and so am I, he is great at what he does, but consider the fact that he is a Korean Professional starcraft player and that no other tournaments outside of korea allow for professional Koreans to compete because that is their job and they do it professionally, while the rest of us are just recreational players playing in spare time. By allowing him to win the prize it will be a negative effect on the community because he will just take the money and leave us with nothing and also it would be a lot more interesting to see tyga defjam monte (if he plays) kon jose and whoever else decides to compete playing for the top prize and would be a lot more fulfilling because were all a lot more close in skill level and deserve the prize. Especially for someone like me who has poured thousands of games into this league and trained finally becoming top level just to have this brain guy come and take every chance I have to win first. along with every1 else, no one in our community has a chance against him. SO please bar him from the final tournament but allow him to play games for the league or for a minimum amount of money because him just destroying this league is no fun for anyone.

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: Brain should not be allowed money for playing this league
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:43:16 pm »
There is a substantial prize for #2

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:46:06 pm »
Yes that's true but then ill have to be competing with all the tops just for second place which is gonna be really hard. Plus now we're migrating over to Korean map? Idk about this... its kinda just too much to fast. Koreans competing in foreign tournaments is basically illegal.

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:51:12 pm »
No there's no plans to change maps; not sure where you heard this.

If a professional player wants to participate in our league they are very welcome. You are basically trying to disqualify someone for being too good

If you donate money and wish to allocate it to the #2 spot specifically, I'd be glad to accept it and will honor that request (unless it exceeds the prize pool for #1, which wouldn't make sense).

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 07:54:40 pm »
Sword youre making a bad choice, brain is gonna cause all the other pros to quit including me, no point trying with him playing.

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 07:59:48 pm »
Sword youre making a bad choice, brain is gonna cause all the other pros to quit including me, no point trying with him playing.

i thought you, if anyone, cared above all about the experience of challenging, high-level games, rather than getting that #1 spot. what about all of the other players that have 0 chance of getting #1 regardless of whether brain plays or not, but they mass games anyway? adversity doesn't stop them, and theyre the bulk of what makes up the league. if we can't handle competition, maybe youre right, theres no point in running a league

Swagnificent

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »
I'm sure sNipEr.ScopE is a fine person, but there is zero honor or integrity in weeding out superior competition with regulations. If you need $500 so bad, get a job. If you have one, then congrats, SC is a hobby and it won't matter when you don't win.

Sincerely to anyone who fits this condition, if you're playing only because there is a chance to win money, please do literally any other thing with your time. It'll be way more productive for you and your future self won't resent you so much for it.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 08:10:19 pm »
Well ive already put a lot of time and effort into this game and league and i just think that we should follow the example of other foreign leagues and not allow pro players from korea to win money in a foreign tournament, its a common theme seen all over the low money scene. It's the only way semi-pro players can make any money at all besides streaming, which im not really the streaming type.

Swagnificent

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 08:14:57 pm »
Might as well just get a better scoring algorithm that puts players like Buu and others who can't beat Brain consistently at the B level they are. If you folks want to then argue about whether or not #1 B Rank gets any money, do it.

What I'm hearing is "I've gotten most of the way there, so subsidize me getting the rest of the way there because I can't earn it on my own."

Not saying I can, I'm just reiterating a logically equivalent sentiment.

Mamba

• Season Winner
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 08:23:33 pm »
Please I know you all are fans of brain and so am I, he is great at what he does, but consider the fact that he is a Korean Professional starcraft player and that no other tournaments outside of korea allow for professional Koreans to compete because that is their job and they do it professionally, while the rest of us are just recreational players playing in spare time. By allowing him to win the prize it will be a negative effect on the community because he will just take the money and leave us with nothing and also it would be a lot more interesting to see tyga defjam monte (if he plays) kon jose and whoever else decides to compete playing for the top prize and would be a lot more fulfilling because were all a lot more close in skill level and deserve the prize. Especially for someone like me who has poured thousands of games into this league and trained finally becoming top level just to have this brain guy come and take every chance I have to win first. along with every1 else, no one in our community has a chance against him. SO please bar him from the final tournament but allow him to play games for the league or for a minimum amount of money because him just destroying this league is no fun for anyone.

How can you call yourself top level in one breath but complain that he is unbeatable in the next?

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 08:52:36 pm »
  • Brain got his semi-professional license but was never picked up by a team to become a professional.
  • Since switching to Terran he's definitely been on the level of a professional but he's by definition not a professional.
  • He doesn't play StarCraft for a living, He doesn't try to qualify for ASL and he even stopped playing low.
  • He does make some money from streaming but that doesn't constitute "being a professional". It just makes him a streamer.
  • He may be the top Korean Fastest player but he's still not a professional.
  • Should we punish him for being "too good"? No.
  • Instead use his play as an example for your own, break down the walls. There is so much wrong with your post.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 11:34:21 pm »
Why can't you understand it is just not fair for a player like him to compete our league it's like if I went to league with just a cpu to play against and got paid 1000$ it's the same thing just ban brain and scw wins :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:37:19 pm by sNipEr.ScopE »

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 11:52:21 pm »
W/e your the donater Jace hope it turns out good. I will try to beat brain if I can I have improved a bit so maybe I win sometimes glhf.

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 12:17:20 am »
I'm going to post my honest opinion here. I agree with some of you that banishing a player from fastest league is a bad idea. Especially this brain player, why? Because I hear that this pro brain player has lots of followers to his stream so that gives us potential to bring new faces to the fastest community. This is absolutely the most absurd idea I ever seen, banish a player because he is too good or pro.

To the guy that made this topic no offense but, the way you say things about how you train so hard to be a top level is pretty lame. I'm sure there are players on fastest that has played hundreds of games and tried very hard like yourself but don't really focused on the prize money but rather having fun Instead. $770 is not  a lot of money and you can earn that  Ina week or two. Fastest should be played on a casual level, not competitively to the point where you get addicted. So to the player who wants a certain player to get banned, that's a wrong idea.

Speaking of massing games, I'm about to do it myself but not for the money, it's to challenge myself and see where my limit is and also have fu. oh btw I want to face this brain guy, get owned and improve from it :)

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 12:47:19 am »
I'm sure sNipEr.ScopE is a fine person, but there is zero honor or integrity in weeding out superior competition with regulations. If you need $500 so bad, get a job. If you have one, then congrats, SC is a hobby and it won't matter when you don't win.

Sincerely to anyone who fits this condition, if you're playing only because there is a chance to win money, please do literally any other thing with your time. It'll be way more productive for you and your future self won't resent you so much for it.

I'd have too 100% agree on this :). And only players that should be banned from leaguebare hackers and cheaters only.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:49:21 am by SaveMeNow »

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2