+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 357
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 15
Guests: 295
Total: 310

Author Topic: I will give some advice for improve op ugl  (Read 10475 times)

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: I will give some advice for improve op ugl
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 05:07:07 pm »
FMP in Korea exploded when Shin started hosting tournaments with pros in it. It exploded again after Flash vs 458 matches happened and all the pros wanted a piece of 458. The first Flash vs 458 had like 200k views in a week.

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 03:28:27 am »
FMP in Korea exploded when Shin started hosting tournaments with pros in it. It exploded again after Flash vs 458 matches happened and all the pros wanted a piece of 458. The first Flash vs 458 had like 200k views in a week.

It has been huge forever, we're talking about since the fish server days. Most of the list was fastest maps from what i can recall. Bro, i remember watching shin when he had max 300 viewers then he jumped to about 800-900 and kept jumping a few hundred every few months. Knew he would become popular, his control was fucking robotic. I don't even understand how someone can be that good. Just a few months ago his terran was fairly generic but lately he has cleaned it up and improved it by so much. He's constantly improving it's scary that there is still space for him to improve.

Found that game with flash vs 458. Had no idea this existed but thats the most animated ive ever seen flash. He usually looks bored but here he's excited and on the edge of his seat. Seems he really enjoys the map. His reactions when those storms land are pretty much how most of us react lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoakrJek7W0 You can tell he plays fastest often too.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 12:08:31 pm »
flash playing fastest is awesome to watch haha

sM.Zik

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
    • Zik Gaming
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 04:35:10 am »
What about the ping? I've actually never played on korea servers, but I imagine lag could be more of an issue than it already is on West? i'm from east coast and if i play vs anyone else outside of east coast in 4 players + games we can hardly get anything better than TR8 (and I have 160 mb/s internet so I doubt that's the issue). I see lots of ppl saying it's perfectly fine to play on TR8... but really once you get used to TR16 and + with low latency, going under that is highly noticeable for micro. You actually can't muta micro properly below that and others tricks doesnt work aswell. This doesn't break the game on fastest because it's mostly macro but on standard maps this literally makes some build orders not playable.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:36:56 am by sM.Zik »

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2018, 06:17:18 pm »
What about the ping? I've actually never played on korea servers, but I imagine lag could be more of an issue than it already is on West? i'm from east coast and if i play vs anyone else outside of east coast in 4 players + games we can hardly get anything better than TR8 (and I have 160 mb/s internet so I doubt that's the issue). I see lots of ppl saying it's perfectly fine to play on TR8... but really once you get used to TR16 and + with low latency, going under that is highly noticeable for micro. You actually can't muta micro properly below that and others tricks doesnt work aswell. This doesn't break the game on fastest because it's mostly macro but on standard maps this literally makes some build orders not playable.

Quality of the game TR/LAT is subject to proximity/location of players and their respective connection speed/stability. Higher TR increases demands on a connection. Being on KOR, ASIA or any other server has no impact on it. But ye, some sacrifices will have to be made depending on where your opponents are from.

islanti

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2018, 10:13:01 pm »
I'm open to suggestions for improvements. You can find additional ladder data on https://starcraftworld.com/ such as player's country and when they were last online.

I tossed a bot in Op UGL on Korea as well.
To view the Op UGL level leaderboard, visit https://starcraftworld.com/?p=levels

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2
RankPlayerRecord