+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 336
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 15
Guests: 253
Total: 268

Author Topic: New league coming for Starcraft Remastered FMP Players  (Read 8474 times)

RoNin

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
New league coming for Starcraft Remastered FMP Players
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:03:24 am »
Whats up guys. As some of you know I am sponsoring the upcoming $400, Invite Only all-star tourney. I am currently in the process of designing a new league with a more badass updated site, with way more divisions and map choices.

So, following the end of the tournament, will be the very first season of *******(name will be announced as soon as the domain is purchased)*****.

It is not going to replace SCW or look to tarnish SCW.

It will be kind of like VGT & SCD.

I am going to work with SCW to make the overall sc league community grow, attract new members, and most importantly- stay active. Our seasons are going to take place when current SCW seasons are ending. .

This league will not only be FMP. We will have BGH, NON $$$ map divisions, korean FMP,Sc Original, and regular FMP @ x2 speed.

Season winners will be blessed with gracious cash prizes (thanks to jeremy from blizzard who is in charge of sc remastered community pr).

We are hoping to attract other gosu players from other servers like fish, korea etc, but will take place on usWEST like usual.

As far as admins go:
Live.sword will automatically be an official admin
Xtre-Prez will be an admin
I will notify anyone else I think will be a fair and just admin to the community or someone sword recommends.

Everybody get HYPE

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: New league coming for Starcraft Remastered FMP Players
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 03:26:19 am »
I'm hearing of this for the first time. We'll see what comes of this I suppose

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:54:04 am »
Whats up guys. As some of you know I am sponsoring the upcoming $400, Invite Only all-star tourney. I am currently in the process of designing a new league with a more badass updated site, with way more divisions and map choices.

So, following the end of the tournament, will be the very first season of *******(name will be announced as soon as the domain is purchased)*****.

It is not going to replace SCW or look to tarnish SCW.

It will be kind of like VGT & SCD.

I am going to work with SCW to make the overall sc league community grow, attract new members, and most importantly- stay active. Our seasons are going to take place when current SCW seasons are ending. .

This league will not only be FMP. We will have BGH, NON $$$ map divisions, korean FMP,Sc Original, and regular FMP @ x2 speed.

Season winners will be blessed with gracious cash prizes (thanks to jeremy from blizzard who is in charge of sc remastered community pr).

We are hoping to attract other gosu players from other servers like fish, korea etc, but will take place on usWEST like usual.

As far as admins go:
Live.sword will automatically be an official admin
Xtre-Prez will be an admin
I will notify anyone else I think will be a fair and just admin to the community or someone sword recommends.

Everybody get HYPE

You've got my interest. Anticipating what's to come. Not too sure about the running alongside SCW part, feel integrating into one has more potential.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 10:02:35 am »
Very junior PR attempt. Good luck though. Maybe by the time it starts I'll be done cringing at the delivery of this announcement.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 10:11:21 am »
Actually, fuck it. I want to share with you a few reasons why this is foolish.

• You haven't even consulted sword, yet you want to make him an admin? What a weird olive branch, when you could just invest into SCW or disregard Sword entirely.
  • There aren't enough players for orig, and including it will sew even further division into our players.
  • By staying on West, you'll be doing nothing in terms of attracting Korean players en masse, which is where the majority of the audience (by far) is.
  • Having low$ might be interesting if there is no map pool overlap, but there are two highly successful second-party leagues and one integrated first-party league for this already. Competing with SCW (which will be hard for you to do with the vision you've presented thus far) is like taking candy from a baby compared to competing with Blizzard ranked games, ASL, and BSL.
  • Judging by your tournament thread, you have no idea on the current state of west fast map culture, who the good players are, what the public wants, or even how to run a basic tourney. (15 players minimum and bo10? C'mon people have been hosting tournaments for almost 20 years on this game.)

`Random`

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 11:49:11 am »
Hella yeah Starcraft original. Can’t wait. Hopefully some original sc players come back or switch back from bw to original.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 11:55:02 am »
Actually, fuck it. I want to share with you a few reasons why this is foolish.

• You haven't even consulted sword, yet you want to make him an admin? What a weird olive branch, when you could just invest into SCW or disregard Sword entirely.
  • There aren't enough players for orig, and including it will sew even further division into our players.
  • By staying on West, you'll be doing nothing in terms of attracting Korean players en masse, which is where the majority of the audience (by far) is.
  • Having low$ might be interesting if there is no map pool overlap, but there are two highly successful second-party leagues and one integrated first-party league for this already. Competing with SCW (which will be hard for you to do with the vision you've presented thus far) is like taking candy from a baby compared to competing with Blizzard ranked games, ASL, and BSL.
  • Judging by your tournament thread, you have no idea on the current state of west fast map culture, who the good players are, what the public wants, or even how to run a basic tourney. (15 players minimum and bo10? C'mon people have been hosting tournaments for almost 20 years on this game.)

I agree with all points. Being informed and knowing what is relevant is key for the above mentioned plans. I have not gotten the impression Ronin is informed and knows what is key to success.

RoNin

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 01:22:32 pm »
Sorry All of my posts were typed on my phone forgive me for my typos. I meant bo11. Originally I just wanted some friends in the tourney (TonyG, mamba etc) and invited anyone else who I thought deserved a shot at $400. Honestly I’m just a good coder and am looking to make something dope.

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 02:01:46 pm »
Sounds exciting  :) but perhaps it would be smarter to merge the resources into one site. You guys should work something out.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

Alex

• Season Winner
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 05:28:43 pm »
Low $$, thats sounds interesting

sM.Zik

• Supporter
  • Marine
    • View Profile
    • Zik Gaming
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 02:38:59 am »
I believe this new "league" is trying to do way too many things. Population is low on Sc, I dont think making a league with 5+ separate ranked mode is gonna be succesful. Imo rethink your idea and focus on less things, it would have better chance of being a sucess. my 2 cents

FMP league: SCW does it
Low $ league: BSL, ladder does it
Ori Fastest: meh, this would just split the currently very low west fastest player base
Fastest x2: cmon this is lame
Korean fastest: I don't know if there is a league with that in korea but we had it included in previous SCW and nobody was playing it.

So what is left: BGH and Low $ team games ladder.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:41:29 am by sM.Zik »

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 06:04:26 pm »
Merge with SCW.
May evil drown in its source.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 07:17:51 pm »
Merge with SCW.
probably the best idea

Mengsk

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 07:22:38 pm »
What’s to merge..?
Swords done all the work. If anything he can help sword by donating

RoNin

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:17 am »
I believe this new "league" is trying to do way too many things. Population is low on Sc, I dont think making a league with 5+ separate ranked mode is gonna be succesful. Imo rethink your idea and focus on less things, it would have better chance of being a sucess. my 2 cents

FMP league: SCW does it
Low $ league: BSL, ladder does it
Ori Fastest: meh, this would just split the currently very low west fastest player base
Fastest x2: cmon this is lame
Korean fastest: I don't know if there is a league with that in korea but we had it included in previous SCW and nobody was playing it.

So what is left: BGH and Low $ team games ladder.

i know plenty of players who would play every one of those categories. Like i said, im just doing this for fun, your opinion does not really matter to me.

I've even reached out to blizzard, and they are willing to put up prizes for winners such as gift cards, small trophies, apparell etc/

Me and Jacek already hashed this out.

I've talked to both Jacek and Mezzo, both founders of scw.

More to come soon.

Dont be scared of new things.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:12:44 am by RoNin »

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38