+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 446
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 361
Total: 370

Author Topic: Protoss and Terrans can’t play, so they changed fastestmap  (Read 8582 times)

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Protoss and Terrans can’t play, so they changed fastestmap
« on: February 03, 2020, 11:02:47 am »
I’ve been playing this game since 99 and, despite whatever you want to say about fastestmap, it’s basically the only thing you’re gonna find online outside of iccup/etc. Fastestmap hadn’t changed for just about 15 years, except up until now because of noob protoss and terran players.

Old fastestmap has:
Wide trenches between players, and the gas is in small stacks to the left and right of your main.

New fastestmap has:
Now we have REALLY thin trenches between players, and the gas is arranged in one big long vertical or horizontal stack against the edge of the map.

Just in case you haven’t figured it out yet, here’s why this is cancer:

-When the gas is stacked against the edge of the map like this, it’s literally impossible to have as much anti air defenses, without getting in the way of your gas mining, so to put it there would be worse. This is done just so protoss players can easily drop an HT and kill your miners with storm. Nowadays you see protoss players wall in and just go for a quick tech to HT because the map is built for them to do this.

-When you have small trenches between players, it’s just for terran players to make siege tanks. And camp on the ridge. And put a ton of anti air buildings behind them. When this happens you’re basically locked in until you can do a massive drop.

The trench between players keeps getting smaller and smaller, and I even played on a map where it was so small that a terran player used a ghost to launch a nuke from his side and my workers were in range. And again, put a ton of anti air behind him so that sniping the ghost was next to impossible, or you’d have to waste a ton of units to do it.

Again I have played fastestmap for 15 years and I have never ever ever seen these happen only until the last year or so when fastestmap was changed to suit protoss and terran players. This doesn’t make the game more fun, it just makes it a big gay camp fest for noobs. People who do this and make it to anything past 10 minutes show how horrible they are at the game and just endlessly launch wave after wave of carriers/bcs at each other’s main. It turns every game into the same, boring, stally camp out.

Island only maps are another big offender. As in just 8 square bases that have a little bit of water seperating them.

These are hosted by protoss noobs who just make cannons around their entire island and lame out with stasis and carriers. All they do is stall stall stall and waste time and since they don’t have a job or life, wait for you to leave first and think they’ve won the game, by beating you by being the bigger loser who has 20 straight hours to burn.

Ideas to make fastestmap worse!
-Why stop there? Let’s make the gas go to the edge of your base completely. We can totally pretend you need all that gas, when it’s just so you can’t build any defenses there. Oh let’s make the gas three rows wide as well, so that basically nothing could reach it over there.

-Let’s put tree doodads at the edge of the ridges, so that camped out siege tanks are even harder to kill! Let’s make them invisible doodads!

-Let’s put invisible doodads in completely random places but in some kind of secret pattern that only the person who hosted the game knows what it is like. So it looks like for you, your ranged units will randomly miss for no reason.

Anyway, these players suck, and they know it. Brood war is basically dead anyway but, I thought I’d be the one to say it about these rigged fastestmaps and get it out of the way. These maps are made on purpose for noob terran and protoss players who suck at starcraft, and life. All they want is their big fake record when they join games, so they think other people think they are good at the game, and they’re okay with making every game turn into the same campy 3 hour long stall out.

Funny... so what can you doing for balance the zerg on a fastest map?. Tell me many examples and the all characteristic of map that benefit to prottos, terrans and zerg on normal map and fastest map. Im curious xD

Nomas

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: Protoss and Terrans can’t play, so they changed fastestmap
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:49:57 am »
fainre just stfu

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:18:11 pm »
almost the entire post is full of things that aren't true lol.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 01:59:48 pm by preMier »

heavymachinegun

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 12:40:54 pm »
is this a copy and paste from the blizzard forum?

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 01:59:33 pm »
is this a copy and paste from the blizzard forum?

yes it is

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 02:38:52 pm »
Just let it be...... no1 cares about sc anymore. Its a fucking dying game haha. Have fun and stop crying already. fucking faggots.

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:14:41 pm »
jajajajajajajajajajaja for me was funny how as criticizes the Korean map saying it is the new version of fastest. Space and super are old.

Some parts may be right.The drops of storm thanks to the vertical or horizontal gases, the shuttle camouflage with them and not to mention the hills for terran only play camp and then drops

Both west and korea maps have their pros and cons. I just wanted to see what specific aspects make a map balance for a zerg or terran or toss on a low money map.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:02:46 pm »
Play low money then.
May evil drown in its source.

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 10:30:58 am »
A ANSWER OF A USER TO MAIN TOPIC :

I can from my educated perspective, having casted, played and hosted competitions on both the western and the korean fastest map, with convidence say that your entire post is full of assumptions and conclusions that are not true.

The korean map was a response to imbalances on the western map. Hills to ensure all spots can have sufficient space to build while also protecting overlords with the hill fog of war, a thing which the western version lacks. 12 and 6 on the western version specifically are smaller than the corners. The location of the mineral patches is too close to the edge so they moved them closer to the center of the base to make dropping in fact harder. Downside however is that you need vision on top of the hills to for turrets or cannons or spores to fire on shuttles before they are past the hills.

The gas being placed on the edges of the map is to fix gas mining. Workers can no longer spawn on the far end of the geyser thus ensuring normal gas income. The Gas stretching out further means it is actually EASIER to play into templar drops because you have more options to dodge your workers to: another base, or to the long stretch of geysers in your own base. On the western map you have a very small confined space to dodge your workers to, or another base. This makes your drop dodge options very predictable on the western map, and less predictable/easy to hit on the Korean map. Also, Protoss is just inherently the strongest race on fastest map, regardless of how you change the map. In this same sense, zerg is inherently the weakest.

Most of the imbalances of some maps you mentioned were maps made by low level fastest players who lack proper understanding of the map itself to keep it as balanced as possible. At the moment, the most balanced versions are either the Korean super map, or the Fastest Space TPT map which I use for tournaments.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 01:00:26 pm »
Well said Fainer, now uve gained my respect. Ill give you a five-star-star.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 03:08:15 pm »
The whole point of the imbalances on fastest map is to create diversity in the matchups, spot locations and overall strategy’s. Look at the videos premier posts on super map.. it’s the same fucking game and strategy over and over again. At least fastest map creates excitement and forces players to learn multiple strats and build out of there comfort zone.

Although I will say this og fastest was way more balanced then bw fastest map no matter how you look at it.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 03:18:13 pm »
Corsair and DT are kind of stupidly broken.
Scout + Scout speed was a bigger investment to ensure drops could get in.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 03:32:27 pm »
Valks and range gols are inexpensive units and op vs expensive Zerg air
Lurker swarm on corners make for boring zvt games
Dts make every Terran turtle

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 03:38:39 pm »
I know bw was a low money patch but og for fastest created action
A Terran could all in push a toss or counter a midbuild without fear of a dt
Zerg muta/guardians counter on a terran tank push could always win if microed probably.

Only thing I wish og fastest needed was ultralisk upgrades

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 07:47:39 pm »
I know bw was a low money patch but og for fastest created action
A Terran could all in push a toss or counter a midbuild without fear of a dt
Zerg muta/guardians counter on a terran tank push could always win if microed probably.

Only thing I wish og fastest needed was ultralisk upgrades
Terran all in pushes in TvP still happen frequently. Hitting exact timings now though is all the more important. Koreans do it a fair bit but also often don't risk it, because having shuttle/reaver micro destroys the option.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2
RankPlayerRecord