+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 336
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 264
Total: 271

Author Topic: I am FruitTank / aiFaM (Top Terran player with unique playstyle)  (Read 20574 times)

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: I am FruitTank / aiFaM (Top Terran player with unique playstyle)
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2020, 11:32:48 am »
Don't get me wrong Tom is cool af and a good guy but I never understood why he was revered as such a great gamer.

People are always claiming how he was the greatest of all time yet he failed to show anything of that caliber in UGL and was eventually caught hacking again, not to mention his low APM.

I would put Kokanee, Tyga, Omni, Defjam and Kon above Hydra any day. I guess I just don't understand the hype behind his gaming, nothing more than a top 10 player even with his hacking.
May evil drown in its source.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2020, 01:09:01 pm »
Don't get me wrong Tom is cool af and a good guy but I never understood why he was revered as such a great gamer.

People are always claiming how he was the greatest of all time yet he failed to show anything of that caliber in UGL and was eventually caught hacking again, not to mention his low APM.

I would put Kokanee, Tyga, Omni, Defjam and Kon above Hydra any day. I guess I just don't understand the hype behind his gaming, nothing more than a top 10 player even with his hacking.

The main thing that sets Cole and Tyga apart was their willingness to change builds and strategies depending on the changing meta. I still saw Hydra doing the same old builds in a new meta.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2020, 05:04:50 pm »
Newbport shut up… Tom is really a beast. Observe his gamestyle and youll understand. And stop your bs about "hacking" Alot of ppl used hacks back then, he played even worse when he was hacking.

BeatZ-

• Supporter
  • Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2020, 05:14:17 pm »
Newbport shut up… Tom is really a beast. Observe his gamestyle and youll understand. And stop your bs about "hacking" Alot of ppl used hacks back then, he played even worse when he was hacking.

Tom hasn’t been a “beast” since vgt/scd days. The skill level is so much higher now a days.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2020, 05:27:37 pm »
And just wtf do you think im reffering to, scw??? Ofc its vgt/scd

La.h1pp13

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2020, 11:38:09 am »
Tom confirmed hacker!! I banned his ass on SCD :O

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2020, 05:33:17 am »
Hippe, hacks or no hacks. Tom was a beast.

Robotik

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2020, 06:04:25 am »
The skill level nowadays is higher due to the few Koreans. Otherwise it's lower/same.

For example I think HasH of VGT times would be the top player (after Koreans) here. And he wasn't the best back then.

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2020, 08:49:50 am »
Theres a few gamers that play now, other than the Koreans, that would crush Hash. Look at how some of the non Koreans improved. Just a couple seasons ago, thanks a Korean, would like 30-4 Mandingo and now they are about even.

Robotik

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2020, 09:14:26 am »
Idk. I just remember for example how HasH dealt with carriers in tvp. It was auto loss for protoss. Today the top people struggle even with goliath range.

Maybe people today are in general better but there tons of ways where people in vgt/scd times were better than people today.

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2020, 09:55:47 am »
Dealing with carriers mostly depends on the level of harrassment and timing. If Protoss is dropping every 30 secs while making the cars and keeping terran poor then Terrans at a loss. Or, if the conversion of ground units to cars is faster than Terran can make anti air from tanks because of mass tank pushout, that could also be a loss. You cant base tvp vs cars off of just carriers being dealt with. It should be the level of harrasment the Terran has had to deal with.

Robotik

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2020, 09:58:38 am »
I know, I'm just way more impressed by the way HasH did all of that back then than how people do it now.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2020, 10:14:43 am »
If ur comparing his prime vs prime of players into today’s eras. No hash wouldn’t be close.  But if he kept playing I’m sure he’d improve to today’s levels. Same Games for other Vgt pros that quit.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2020, 10:28:44 am »
If ur comparing his prime vs prime of players into today’s eras. No hash wouldn’t be close.  But if he kept playing I’m sure he’d improve to today’s levels. Same Games for other Vgt pros that quit.

Some people seem to forget it's already been 10 years or more since the VGT-era. It would be stupid to assume there has been no growth in all that time. It is also stupid to assume people from back then wouldn't be capable of growing to match today's level, excluding koreans, if given the time. I entirely agree with you on this one.

BLuE[KaOz]

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2020, 01:16:06 pm »
i can tell you guys from my personal experience. i was never gosu 1v1 but i did make it all the way to top 5 in scd on the nick 50CaL.Tae with pretty good stats of like 50-12. once i hit top 5 i lost more. however that was original sc and this is bw. even with that said, i had little experience in original 1s and ive played 1s in scw on bw for a couple of months now and i cant climb to top 5 so easily. the skill level now is higher then back then. part of the reason is that theres many more good players now then there was back then. now days i can 1 out of every 5 games be beaten by a non scw player in a pub game. some random kid who has 200apm. you would never see that 10 years ago trust me. the amount of good players now is crazy.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:57:23 pm by BLuE[KaOz] »

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2