+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 446
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 14
Guests: 378
Total: 392

Poll

Who do you see winning the end of season tournament?

Scan
21 (43.8%)
j.h
12 (25%)
FaTheR.ManDinGo
4 (8.3%)
1vs1goooooooo
3 (6.3%)
GanGstEr]JoSe.
1 (2.1%)
Zoo[Rillo]
2 (4.2%)
LeGenD]NaSuS
0 (0%)
lllllllllllllll
0 (0%)
GanGstEr]D.U.P
4 (8.3%)
-Os]SkyHigh[-
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament  (Read 49357 times)

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 01:35:52 am »
@ scan1014

There is a poll posted at the top of the thread.
May evil drown in its source.

AI

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 01:46:48 am »

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 02:59:58 am »
I understand what you’re trying to do Port, but the matchups are not the imbalance, it’s the map. Even setting pre matchups can still cause abuse, which is the problem. But it’s also fastest map and how we play it. You’re going to get complaints no matter what. Not everyone is always going to be happy. As mentioned if I’m playing Cole and he picks PvZ and he gets to be right above me. It’s a free win as not only will he fast tech because he knows the matchup, but he’s right above me. Now it’s my turn to pick and play PvZ and it’s cross map and he’s corner. That’s not equal playing field as he just had a matchup above me. So now I’m going to complain my PvZ was much harder and not fair. So what are you going to do for me now? Games can be won from mid spots. Obviously it’s harder yes but no impossible. A series between Mandingo and I last night, I won ZvP as mid zerg, and he won a TvP vs me as mid Terran. The better game play will win and can win no matter the spot. Yes of course it makes it harder and sometimes almost impossible, but again that’s the map not the matchups.

I agree with Cole that having predetermined matchups will just make people abuse another way. Terran will bunk rush or go straight gas into factories vs zerg. Protoss same thing can just go straight into fast drops. Zvt the zerg doesn’t have to worry about a 4 Gate. Pre determined matchups takes the fun out of sc. You don’t need to really scout. You know what you’re doing before the game even starts.

And we also don’t do pre determined matchups all season so why now for the finals? That’s like the NFL playing regular games all season by its current rules and then come playoff time okay each team gets 10 possessions a game to make it fair so everyone has a same shot. That’s not how it works. Or the NBA playing by its current rules for the regular season and then saying for playoffs each team gets to shoot 30 three point shots and 40 two point shots no more no less. Whoever makes the most shots wins. Just silly.

If we want to finally make changes to the imbalances of fastest then we adopt a new map. The matchups can still be imbalanced on our map predetermined or not.

A low money player will vote for predetermined matchups because that’s how low is played and what they’re used to. Of course they’ll love that. But again this isn’t low money. We also as a community for years have frowned upon pickers, mainly Protoss pickers. We have bmd Sithlord for years for doing this and now we’re going to encourage picking?

Again if we want to finally change the imbalances we change the map. That is the only way, not having set matchups.

Also my two cents on the accounts in the top five, I feel they do deserve something for getting two accounts in there. Whether that be a second lifeline per say if they lose they get another chance at redemption. Some sort of reward should be put in place or else what’s the point? As Cole said it creates activity and we have enough dodging as it is. This will just encourage more to protect one account and sit at the top and dodge and less activity. And we need more activity and less dodging. Another option is to expand the tournament to more people if multiple accounts are in there. If there’s two double accounts then it goes to the top 7. Or if there’s 1 account then just top 6. But there needs to be a reward for getting to accounts in the top.

La.911!

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 03:31:10 am »
Seems awfully strange to have a season that is 99.9% RvR and then have a tournament that isn't that

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 06:07:15 am »
The higher ranked player gets to decide the match of the first game. After that, the loser decides the next match up but can not PICK a match up that has already been played in that series.

EXAMPLE:
1. PVT  (1 on P, 2 on T) - > 1 P win
2. TVP  (1 on T, 2 on P) - > 1 T win
3. ZVP ( 1 on Z, 2 on P) - > 2 P win
4. TvZ  ( 1 on T, 2 on Z) -> 1 T win.
5. Etc.

This way the players have a bit more control over the match ups.

Another alternative to make it more fair is by eliminating middle spawns for the finals and doing only corner spawns with slightly bigger chokes to combat turtling(to a certain degree.)

Or use one of the more balanced maps I made that has a bit more room for defense against drops on 12 3 6 and 9
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:13:20 am by TeresMajor »

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 08:23:57 am »
why are you guys trying to change everything all of a sudden, theres a reason why people still come back play fmp leagues.

premier should have absolute 0 input in this as he does not participate in the league whatsoever..

also having an open poll is just as stupid, lets have people that dont play or dont even make it to the final 5 but lets have them vote for the people who put the time in to make the tournament.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:53 am »
I like the multiple account idea, if that happens a top 6 or top 7 will be used.

I definitely see your point Kon but still I respectfully disagree.

For your PvZ argument. Fast tech doesn't automatically win a game vs zerg, it can absolutely be countered. I've seen many games where the P goes fast drops and get's countered by early hydras and or lings. Anything can be countered.

I feel basically any advantage a player has in a certain M/U the other player also has. For the TvZ bunk rush fast gas M/U advantage, the zerg also has that same advantage; knowing their opponents race, they will then be able to counter. It's not like one player knows their opponents race while the other doesn't.

And this is nothing like the NFL or the NBA. These sports are almost completely balanced during the regular and post season. There is a reason during the playoffs (in the NBA) the teams switch courts after a certain number of games, to remove any home court advantage one team may have.

Sithlord was frowned upon because he picked the most OP race every game, and he is bitch made. If someone picked Zerg every game I don't think many would be complaining, also both players are picking giving each a chance to consider any advantages of the M/U.

Low money players play specialize in one race. The match ups I have listed include all races, I don't see any advantages here for low money players.

In last seasons tournament the winner got protoss 11/14 games, and RvR is fair? Anyone who knows the FMP game style knows Protoss is by far the most broken race and even more broken when played by a top level gamer.

In the winner's semi finals series his opponent who is a good player and who put a lot of time into the season got Mid z every single game and lost 0-4. This was one of the most unfair things I have ever seen. I would rather have a spot disadvantage for a game than to get mid ZvP four games in a row.

And upon watching the replays of last season's tournament multiple players complained about bad M/U's.
I agree, they were.

I still feel pre determined M/U's is the fairest route to go. I mean getting P 11/14 games is fucking ridiculous, it's not starcraft.

In the end I just want to see the fairest competition possible. We will let the community decide, maybe taking a poll for just those competing is the route to go.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 10:02:07 am »
It’s understandable that you don’t understand how fmp works because ur a low caliber player but this being said the outcome of last season would of been the same reguardless of matchups.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 10:05:46 am »
In the finals , mandingo had corner base every game z or t with the exception of his pv mid z game (which he lost to mid z)

Any game is winnable reguardless of who it’s vs.

Yes Ai got unlucky but he also chose to not choke as Zerg any of the games which is pretty much an auto loss on fmp. His fault not the sc gods

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 10:22:01 am »
We'll let the community decide and when the time comes the Top 5 decide.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 10:29:55 am »
People need to know now. It changes how the season goes

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 10:31:13 am »
Especially the two account thing. Even you have to admit it will increase activity and that should be the number one priority of the current state of the league

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 10:33:54 am »
It seems like ur posting without even thinking about foreseeable outcomes

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 10:37:05 am »
Zerg win ratio drops significantly if Opponents are only scouting chokes.
Just really think about it for a second before  replying

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 10:38:32 am »
I agree with the multiple account thing, league activity is the end game goal here. I was just unsure of how to go about running the brackets. I will probably adopt kons idea of using the top 6,7,etc. If someone has multiple accounts.

If anyone has a better idea of how to go about dealing with  multiple top accounts let me know.

I agree determining the format for the tournament needs to happen as fast as it can. The tournament is a little less than a month away. I want to see more people's perspectives first before making any decisions.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2