+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by HyDrA April 24, 2024, 11:04:37 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26186
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 485
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 389
Total: 393

Poll

Who do you see winning the end of season tournament?

Scan
21 (43.8%)
j.h
12 (25%)
FaTheR.ManDinGo
4 (8.3%)
1vs1goooooooo
3 (6.3%)
GanGstEr]JoSe.
1 (2.1%)
Zoo[Rillo]
2 (4.2%)
LeGenD]NaSuS
0 (0%)
lllllllllllllll
0 (0%)
GanGstEr]D.U.P
4 (8.3%)
-Os]SkyHigh[-
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament  (Read 49410 times)

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 10:55:10 am »
I’m just telling you right now I will not be picking anything Other than R . I just don’t see how you want to force people to pick matchups when every single game has been rvr

If you want to play picked races go play low. Fmp community is its own niche for a reason

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 11:16:22 am »
If you’re doing set matchups I will also follow suit and not participate. Such a stupid idea and ruins how fastest has been played for 20 years. I made my case and your response refutes none of it with any valid points.

Thank you for donating, running a tournament and trying to make things fair but this isn’t the answer.

Alex

• Season Winner
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 11:20:12 am »
We shouldn't play in regular scw 17, scw 3.0 is better for mid spots, a lot of players abuse spots and m/u

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 11:33:10 am »
Why do you have to call my idea 'stupid'? I'm just trying to come up with an idea to make things more balanced on a clearly imbalanced map.

I donate money to the prize pools to help keep this great game alive and to attract the best competition possible. I'm not trying to 'ruin' anything, you look at me as if I were some kind of criminal.

I'm just trying to host a more fair tournament.
May evil drown in its source.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 11:34:57 am »
having done something for a long period of does not mean it isn't flawed. Which it is. Change can be tried out and can always be reverted if it winds up being shit.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2020, 11:42:45 am »
Newport, knowing the set matchups makes the game more imbalanced

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2020, 11:54:05 am »
I’ll say it again for you guys. The problem isn’t matchups, it’s the MAP. If you want to try and make fastest fair you change the map. That is the only way to do it. People will still abuse with picking set matchups. I don’t understand how that’s so hard to see. Picking matchups solves nothing other then finding a different way to ruin the game. People will still abuse. You know why? Because picking matchups doesn’t mean you won’t be mid spot.

The flaw in fastest is the map. Nothing else. Making set matchups doesn’t change the map. Period

Zerg is the most reactive race on fastest. The zerg will never win a game playing against a good player. Protoss and Terran can pretty well do whatever they want against a zerg early game and not have to worry about anything. Zerg plays behind from the get go in fastest. Now you’re going to give the Protoss and Terran more of a head start by knowing the race? Zergs get ahead by the Protoss and terrans having to do builds to protect against vsing a Terran or Protoss as opponents. And then failing those builds to an extent. A zerg gets ahead by stuffing a mid build or 4 Gate, or the Protoss going nexus into gates not nexus straight into gas. Every Terran go almost 3 racks. Why would a Terran now go 3 tax when they know it’s a zerg? That would just be stupid. They don’t have to 4 gate or mid build or go nexus and four gateways because the only thing that could potentially hurt them is a few lings. And anyone who can stack workers or build 1-2 cannons holds that.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 12:08:48 pm »
I made a 4 player map that focuses on nerfing midbuild protoss and removing spot abuse entirely. It looks a bit wonky but I think people can get used to it. It is also something people can play just for the sake of playing fastest on a unique new map.

Robotik

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 12:11:24 pm »
I'll repeat my idea:

A good solution to bad luck with location/race setups are is giving people one or two veto which can be used in the first 2-3 minutes (if no action happened yet).

That highly reduces the luck factor and the suspense/strategy of rvr is not touched.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 12:17:28 pm »
All of this is speculation.

None of us actually know what will happen with the predetermined M/U's as it has never been done before. It's almost impossible to predict the future.

I agree that the map is one of the biggest flaws but M/U's are a bigger flaw.

Protoss will always have the advantage, even when mid with the other player above them. I've seen countless games of top players winning as mid P with their opponent above them.

Temp drops are the biggest flaw of FMP.

Like I said I will let the community decide what they think is most fair.

And @ Robotik

I like the idea, you will have to be more specific in explaining it though if it's to be taken seriously.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:20:21 pm by Newbport »

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2020, 12:25:36 pm »
Fmp is a fast pace scrambled game not a four corner turtle fest.

The poll should not decide ur decision , you need personal reach out the players that compete in the league ( although sword has the final say and he is Already bming this concept )

If u were allowed one veto game per series it would have to be done within the moment you spawn . Not 2-3 minutes in.

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 12:29:28 pm »
If you seriously think matchups are a bigger flaw than this map in fastest, I’m sorry but you’re an idiot. And we’re clearly wasting our time arguing with you as you have ZERO clue of what you’re talking about.

If you’re so keen on doing this then do a small in season tournament testing it out. Don’t decide to “try it out” at the end of the season for money. Do a 4 person tournament right now with your format and watch how imbalanced, boring and bad it is. I’ll happily participate to prove a point

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2020, 12:32:35 pm »
I made a 4 player map that focuses on nerfing midbuild protoss and removing spot abuse entirely. It looks a bit wonky but I think people can get used to it. It is also something people can play just for the sake of playing fastest on a unique new map.

Awful. So now a corner zerg can create two chokes instead of one? Yay you’ve broken one zergs choke now guess what you get to do it all over again!

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2020, 12:35:16 pm »
I agree, I will reach out and send personal messages to many competitors.

And again, Sword does have the final say in the tournament format, he is the one who makes this whole thing even possible.

Also I agree with the vetoing immediately as opposed to waiting 2-3 minutes. Maybe this vetoing idea could help make the tournament more balanced.

And @ Kon

The only thing i was 'keen' on was creating a more fair tournament, there is a reason I posted this thread as early as I did; to hear the opinions of the community.

And just a little tip, your bm is doing nothing positive for the small community that still exists. You need to calm down.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:44:41 pm by Newbport »

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2020, 12:42:00 pm »
i Personal don’t like vetoing but I will compromise and allow 1 per series immediate spawn.. although I really think this is a waste of time. Mid z mid t is all part of the game . You play what ur dealt

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]90-58
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord