+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by gG]EaZy- Today at 02:50:37 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26155
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 387
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 346
Total: 358

Poll

Who do you see winning the end of season tournament?

Scan
21 (43.8%)
j.h
12 (25%)
FaTheR.ManDinGo
4 (8.3%)
1vs1goooooooo
3 (6.3%)
GanGstEr]JoSe.
1 (2.1%)
Zoo[Rillo]
2 (4.2%)
LeGenD]NaSuS
0 (0%)
lllllllllllllll
0 (0%)
GanGstEr]D.U.P
4 (8.3%)
-Os]SkyHigh[-
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament  (Read 49350 times)

Meraki

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2020, 11:47:45 pm »
will there ever be a discussion on scw forums where people behave like normal human beings and not like lizard brain cavemen?

the majority of people came in here saying this is a stupid idea and you and your little fan boy newbport wouldnt listen. go host your shitty little korean tourneys and take these kids with you. the league will live on with or without you and the two korean kids who come over to win their months rent.

also direwolf who the fuck are you? random ass kid go away.

Actually if you look at the vote, 1/3 of the people found the idea interesting. (I voted for rvr) I have to agree that it's unfair to change rules in the middle of a seasons, specially for final tournament.

Still I think it's hard to judge this idea without testing it, maybe people will come to enjoy it (or not).

Also Newbport was keen to listen but you guys after stating your point just kept trolling and bm'ing him. Kinda ruin the discussion

^^

Guys get a bit dramatic over a suggestion. The dude pulling money out of his pocket to give you guys another reason to play and instead of being grateful gets backlash and bm'd haha!. Gotta love this community.

Don't even think regular map players get as much financial support by their community as fastest does. You guys don't seem to appreciate what you have, it's gonna hurt you bad when the people trying to support your favorite hobby is gone.

Yes, we get it, it's the internet but god damn lol.. tone it down a bit it isn't that serious.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2020, 01:48:07 am »
What did we have Before the League? Clans, what will we have when theres no League? Clans.... and CW

direwolf

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2020, 03:27:13 am »
What did we have Before the League? Clans, what will we have when theres no League? Clans.... and CW

you mean good old hackers vs hackers? the best hiding the maphack win 2004-2009

Meraki

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2020, 10:01:33 pm »

If you can't admit that the league is literally what is keeping this community intact then idk what to tell you.

Starcraft lost a shit load of players when VGT died. One of the biggest hits fastest community took. A TON of players quit when VGT was shut down. I'm sure some old timers out here remembers that nightmare.

Clan wars? Who are you kidding here? There is like 2 clans alive... literally... I wouldn't even consider them clans. There is like 3 active players per "clan" alive ATM? A lot of the games played in the league are between members. What do you think is going to happen, new players are going to start flourishing out of thin air and multiple clans will be created?

You're being unrealistic. Talking about a time when starcraft was EXTREMELY active.

Low key, would love to see sword shut this site down for a month just for the sake of humbling some people around here. Would bet most of you would be begging for somebody, anybody to start a league and how starcraft sucks now without a league.

If this league died I can guarentee it would be the end of N/A fastest.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2020, 11:04:09 pm »
a very logical chain of events would be:

1. community dying?
2. hold onto players
3. find new players
4. where are the new players?
5. Where is a huge community of fastest players?
6. bait them in?

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2020, 09:56:47 am »
the latinoamerica community put on a fastest tournament last night. Evil Vs Jose finals and Evil got PvZ first 3 games than PvT. What could have been a really entertaining finals was ruined by one person getting P every game. Corner P vs Mid spot Z/T. This can be partly avoided (cant control not getting a corner spot) by TRYING out this pick vs pick format. If it sucks ass because people have OP builds in some m/u's, we just scrap it and go back to praying for P.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2020, 11:08:11 am »
the latinoamerica community put on a fastest tournament last night. Evil Vs Jose finals and Evil got PvZ first 3 games than PvT. What could have been a really entertaining finals was ruined by one person getting P every game. Corner P vs Mid spot Z/T. This can be partly avoided (cant control not getting a corner spot) by TRYING out this pick vs pick format. If it sucks ass because people have OP builds in some m/u's, we just scrap it and go back to praying for P.

got a link?

Medic

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2020, 01:03:45 pm »
a very logical chain of events would be:

1. community dying?
2. hold onto players
3. find new players
4. where are the new players?
5. Where is a huge community of fastest players?
6. bait them in?

you are acting like 3 koreans coming over is making the league super active. the league has been doing fine for quite some time now. no prize pool is needed to keep the league moderately active.

+++++++ look at tonys post too. from the beginning we have said the idea is terrible and you just wouldn't listen.

MagicFingers

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2020, 02:20:32 pm »
+++++++ look at tonys post too. from the beginning we have said the idea is terrible and you just wouldn't listen.

From your post, i've more seen stuff like this :  'fuck off', 'fuck this idea', 'fuck everyone that doesnt approve what I say',  'fuck stupid korean sucker', 'fuck the fucking fuckers' ...

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2020, 02:01:54 am »
Well those fucks are mine, and i stand by that. So fuck off.

direwolf

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2020, 09:51:05 pm »
without the top 3 koreans and the top 3 peruvians (and maybe some canadian guy), there would be no league

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2020, 10:42:33 am »
without the top 3 koreans and the top 3 peruvians (and maybe some canadian guy), there would be no league

without the people who play over 80-100 games a season, there would indeed be no league.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »
After messaging all players that have been in the top 5 since this thread was made and reviewing the poll results, it has been decided the end of season tournament M/U format will be RvR.

The same bo7 quarter/semi-finals and bo9 finals format is still intact.

gl hf all!
May evil drown in its source.

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2020, 06:04:04 pm »
Should gamers like mandingo that are actively dodging j.h, scan and 1v1gooo be even allowed to enter the top 5 tournament?

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2
RankPlayerRecord