+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 435
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 388
Total: 395

Poll

Who do you see winning the end of season tournament?

Scan
21 (43.8%)
j.h
12 (25%)
FaTheR.ManDinGo
4 (8.3%)
1vs1goooooooo
3 (6.3%)
GanGstEr]JoSe.
1 (2.1%)
Zoo[Rillo]
2 (4.2%)
LeGenD]NaSuS
0 (0%)
lllllllllllllll
0 (0%)
GanGstEr]D.U.P
4 (8.3%)
-Os]SkyHigh[-
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament  (Read 48802 times)

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2020, 09:11:31 pm »
Sweet, glad that you agree.

I was also considering lowering the number of games by a factor of 2.

Ex. quarter finals as a bo5, semi finals a bo7 and the finals as a bo9.

We'll see how the community feels.
May evil drown in its source.

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2020, 10:20:54 am »

I was also considering lowering the number of games by a factor of 2.

Ex. quarter finals as a bo5, semi finals a bo7 and the finals as a bo9.

I think that's a good call.

Purifier

• Supporter
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2020, 10:31:26 am »
According to poll, multiple accounts should not be included

Simba

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2020, 11:12:27 am »
agreed, if you want a more diverse tournament multiple accounts should not be allowed. The argument that multiple accounts brings activity is kind of overused. For example, the player could play just as many games on their one account. If you want a more competitive tournament, make it one account per person.
It's like saying, "lets put Flash into two brackets into ASL because he plays more than others." Not much justification

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2020, 11:25:57 am »
I think people would be more inclined to allow multiple accounts if they were under the same forum name instead of smurfing

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2020, 01:07:10 pm »
Cole will cut his wrist if you do that, HAHAHA!

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »
I agree, having multiple accounts in the top 10 should not be allowed.

The main problem I see is getting people to come out and admit which accounts are theirs.

For example it is speculated that Jose is Rillo and Mandingo is Makumba.

If there was concrete solid evidence that this was true or they came out and admitted it I would allow only one account in the tournament.

I just don't see a way of obtaining concrete evidence of users having multiple accounts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:29:18 pm by Newbport »

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2020, 04:27:09 pm »
agreed, if you want a more diverse tournament multiple accounts should not be allowed. The argument that multiple accounts brings activity is kind of overused. For example, the player could play just as many games on their one account. If you want a more competitive tournament, make it one account per person.
It's like saying, "lets put Flash into two brackets into ASL because he plays more than others." Not much justification

ASL is an invitational tournament, and SCW is a league. The tournament that Newbport is putting on is based off of the results of the SCW League, not an invitational of the best players. It's not a reasonable comparison.

And as for playing just as many games on their one account, it gets to a point where you need to have a secondary account or you'll be in A vs C- & B vs D situations a lot of the time. It's not conducive to the success of the higher ranking player to accept this challenge, and why should it be?

The notion that the argument is overused is a baseless claim and can be discarded.

So at this point the only points are that you want to see more players regardless of the fact they didn't earn a top 10 spot, and that somehow having B players vs S players is going to create more competition. Not sure it adds up.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2020, 04:39:11 pm »
Not sure why you folks all have such a huge problem with smurfs.

No smurfs, no mc, no bw units, no multiple accounts, no rvr, no race picking. I think it can be summed up as "no discomfort". You people seem to want the least amount of resistance possible to achieving B and C rank. Can't see another reasonable explanation for wanting to control so badly the way people play this game.

If Jose and Mandingo shit on everyone enough to have multiple accounts in the top 10, then they are twice (or however many accounts they have) as deserving of a chance to win SCW prize money as anyone else.

Any invitational can have whatever specifications and it seems fine, but it just seems that the league itself should be as fundamentally 'open' as possible.

Think-Fast

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2020, 04:43:35 pm »
The fact is that if you have several accounts from the same players in the top ten, then its rly not a "top 10 gamers" tournament. Its more like a top 7 or 8. I agree that all that hard work shouldn't go to waste but the top 10 tournament should be top ten different gamers.  The gamers that have multiple accounts in the top ten still get a top ten finish in the seasonal rankings alongside their top ten tournament games.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2020, 04:48:47 pm »
The fact is that if you have several accounts from the same players in the top ten, then its rly not a "top 10 gamers" tournament. Its more like a top 7 or 8. I agree that all that hard work shouldn't go to waste but the top 10 tournament should be top ten different gamers.  The gamers that have multiple accounts in the top ten still get a top ten finish in the seasonal rankings alongside their top ten tournament games.

Might be kind of cool to implement something similar to 'home court advantage' in sports. Like if a user has multiple accounts in the top 10, they're allowed to pick 1 matchup per series vs anyone who only has 1. That way you could reward the nerds like Jose and Mandingo without alienating 14th place "A players" like SaDiStiC)DiaBlO.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2020, 06:03:30 pm »
@ insane

That is a good idea, maybe something like it could be implemented into upcoming seasons.

scan1014

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2020, 08:50:06 pm »

ASL is an invitational tournament, and SCW is a league. The tournament that Newbport is putting on is based off of the results of the SCW League, not an invitational of the best players. It's not a reasonable comparison.

And as for playing just as many games on their one account, it gets to a point where you need to have a secondary account or you'll be in A vs C- & B vs D situations a lot of the time. It's not conducive to the success of the higher ranking player to accept this challenge, and why should it be?

The notion that the argument is overused is a baseless claim and can be discarded.

So at this point the only points are that you want to see more players regardless of the fact they didn't earn a top 10 spot, and that somehow having B players vs S players is going to create more competition. Not sure it adds up.

ASL is not an invitational tournament... You register, check in offline qualifiers and win from there = you advance to ASL stage.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2020, 09:38:04 pm »
ASL is not an invitational tournament... You register, check in offline qualifiers and win from there = you advance to ASL stage.

I see. The information I was referencing was just for the Main Event. Thanks for the clarification.

That said, it's still not a similar format to how SCW works and therefor not an apt comparison.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2020, 11:36:58 pm »

I see. The information I was referencing was just for the Main Event. Thanks for the clarification.

That said, it's still not a similar format to how SCW works and therefor not an apt comparison.

Top 4 of previous ASL get "invited" into the next one iirc.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2
RankPlayerRecord