+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by KuSh[VcK] Today at 12:03:59 am
[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 23, 2024, 10:55:24 am
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26177
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 311
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 262
Total: 265

Author Topic: How to increase the amount of players!  (Read 19621 times)

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: How to increase the amount of players!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 07:44:28 pm »
Activity:

VGT gave point bonuses for reaching 50/100/150/200 game milestones, 100-200 pts. This helped promote activity.

VGT had a point decay system, this meant players couldn't get 1000 points ahead of 2nd place and then quit the season.

Cash incentives for players that have no hope of winning the season. 10$ to player with most games, 10$ to player with two accounts top 20 of 1v1 and 2v2. Things like this help the lower tiers to mass games in both leagues.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 03:39:01 am »
I dont get it, why are ppl so sensitive. Comn.. ppl are doing it for the fun, how can any1 actually take it that far that they even care.

These are the top bm's imo.

1. Fucking noob, uve been playing this game for over 8 years and still suck. go back to 3vs3 public, faggot
(My favorite, haha)

2. Fucking ugly faggot, ive seen ur pick you look like blade the rat, HAHA.

3. I was eating while raping you and ur ally, too ez.

4. Go play Momo instead, when u reach my level msg me plz. GG

5. Go back to ur mothers basement, lmfao.

Did i miss anything? comn... who the fuck cares.

ReM-Mays

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 10:41:14 am »
I dont get it, why are ppl so sensitive. Comn.. ppl are doing it for the fun, how can any1 actually take it that far that they even care.

These are the top bm's imo.

1. Fucking noob, uve been playing this game for over 8 years and still suck. go back to 3vs3 public, faggot
(My favorite, haha)

2. Fucking ugly faggot, ive seen ur pick you look like blade the rat, HAHA.

3. I was eating while raping you and ur ally, too ez.

4. Go play Momo instead, when u reach my level msg me plz. GG

5. Go back to ur mothers basement, lmfao.

Did i miss anything? comn... who the fuck cares.

I mean, you probably will care when there's no league to play in because it's dead
and I'm not saying it just about you, lot's of people who BM will question why there's no activity, then laugh when more than 1 person tells them it's about BM because they won't listen lol

people on this website are trying to help, and as expected, just get laughed at and told to stfu, because that's the attitude the community has. Also, i bet the next one thrown at me is "you'v played 20 games and won 2 you're nobody you can't and won't help you have no say" , which is also the attitude this community has, which is a shame, because it stunts the growth of the league. 

I respect the people who have put in the effort to rise to the top and absoloutely demolish everyone they play, and I really believe they should have a huge say in everything because at the end of the day they are obviously the active ones who contribute the most games, but that's not to say I think we should ignore everyone else that has registered. There'es a reason theres 450+ people registered on the site, yet when you get to page 2 of the 1v1 standings there are records like 3-2 (5 games , on just page 2, out of 450 people) and we all should try to figure it out, the community won't grow with 1 person doing positive things while 10 around him trash him for trying it or bringing up ideas. it's not about being sensitive, it's about trying to grow a community that you're part of.

And we can't leave out that inactivity is also due to how fucked up bnet is now. Randomly crashing, Taking ppl off friend lists, not loading games, dropping in mid game. Some people come on to play and they get 1 game in before it start's fucking up and they leave for another week before they try again . it's dumb as hell and should be fixed

it's not about trying to get people to play 50 games every day of their lives. Just getting the people who go 3-4 days without playing ,because obviously everyone is busy with life, to WANT to come on and play a few games, maybe even league games. Rather then saying it's not even worth it I hardly play anyway. Trying to make op ugl a place people want to be a part of
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:12:02 am by ReM-Mays »

ReM-Mays

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 10:59:56 am »
Activity:

VGT gave point bonuses for reaching 50/100/150/200 game milestones, 100-200 pts. This helped promote activity.

VGT had a point decay system, this meant players couldn't get 1000 points ahead of 2nd place and then quit the season.

Cash incentives for players that have no hope of winning the season. 10$ to player with most games, 10$ to player with two accounts top 20 of 1v1 and 2v2. Things like this help the lower tiers to mass games in both leagues.

I think these are good idea's. The cash one might be out of reach, I don't think there's as much money for SCW as VGT once had, but still a good idea nonetheless

maFi

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »
Puppy again ... you stil talking bullshit man, don't listen to TealSilverSteal he's just toxic like the other FiRe. clan kids but anyway you can't be talking about VGT comparing with the new leagues , back then starcraft was great and verry popular and now DEAD before this patch come up even now it's not that much soo don't talk about VGT and points and shi....

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 05:26:28 pm »
Tyga owns all!  Great job for winning the new league! Keep up the good work.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 12:27:57 am »
Mafi, once again. Get a fucking life and stop crying over  SC  - _ -
a job wouldnt be too shabby. LMFAO

ali

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 04:23:57 am »
" like the other FiRe. clan kids"

Mafi could you stay calm please ? You don't even know me. Thanks

maFi

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 02:24:52 am »
Nope no need to say calm,  to someone of fire.bullshit clan sorry even if they are not kids they sure act like so.... yeah + they are so toxic even beeing bad stil trash talking every single time aĺl of them
I am not talking about you ali i never seen you trash talking or beeing toxic sorry about that  🤗.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:25:30 am by LivE.SworD »

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 04:07:01 am »
Mafi, how old are you again. You sure sound like a loser irl.

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 12:50:34 pm »
The only one who is toxic, is mafi. He started this whole thing because I wouldn't part him in 2s. what a crybaby. lol ^^

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 12:55:56 pm »
I said I wanted a decent partner and I guess that really got to him. lmfao. grow the f*ck up mafi. -.-

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 03:43:26 pm »
Ouch, Sorry Mafi. Dont take it to the heart - _ -

maFi

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »
The funny thing is that he really belive what he sas ....

SilverBullet

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 12:52:48 am »
Toxic community
Imbalanced game
Protoss picking (though this wouldn't bother me so much if the protoss pickers weren't the most toxic of all, lol)

How about we explore map options to balance the game (like 4 corners only, or narrow side chokes, move minerals away from ledges, etc etc)

Though that might anger the existing community. So maybe the league is stuck in that direction
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:33:14 am by SilverBullet »

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]89-55
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2