+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 420
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 396
Total: 406

Author Topic: How to increase the amount of players!  (Read 19082 times)

Muve

• Broodling
    • View Profile
How to increase the amount of players!
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:26:17 pm »
We all want more and more people to play sc ( either bw or sc )
but how? im trying to find some way and we all need to work together to make it happen.
So leave some msg on how we can do it. and if u can apply those things.

One of my suggestion is :

since there is alot of pubs games, why not when you afk, just make a game with the name : Chanel op ugl
people would join the channel and ask wtf is it then u can explain.
more people on channel, more people knowing about scw and fmp.
more games more funs. etc

Another one is :

stop being fucking dicks to anyone. we all grow up now... it changes nothing to insult some1 else.

Another one is :

make a pool for BW or SC for next season, give it a week for people to vote, then start the next season ASAP. one week between season is enough, for the price pool? reduce it, personnally i dont give a fuck about winning $ on sc ( if its an issue with $ )

1a2a3a4a

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: How to increase the amount of players!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »
Good idea. that's how I got into VGT was my friend I used to pub with told me about the channel. forgot what it was in those times, probably op vgt. and from there I signed up for the league.

Muve

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »
and we if we could have a bot that we could do : .info
and say all we need to know about league.
like website, fastest map, prize info etc
1a2a3a4a

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 02:38:27 pm »
One of my suggestion is :

Another one is :

stop being fucking dicks to anyone. we all grow up now... it changes nothing to insult some1 else.

This OR

shorter seasons with both

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »
Insulting ppl are half of the fun, trust me. HAha.....

GanGstEr]SecreT

• Broodling
  • ☠ CLaN GanGstEr'S ☠
    • View Profile
    • Clan GanGstEr'S
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:02 pm »
since there is alot of pubs games, why not when you afk, just make a game with the name : Chanel op ugl
people would join the channel and ask wtf is it then u can explain.
more people on channel, more people knowing about scw and fmp.
more games more funs. etc

Nice !!
☠  CLaN GanGstEr'S  ☠

Website Team
https://clantg.wixsite.com/clangangster

☬ Más que un clan, una familia ☬

MagicFingers

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 02:03:15 pm »

Good point : )

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 03:17:07 pm »
If everyone made a 3s pub with their friend, allied a random and 3s, and if ur parts any good, tell them the channel. From there they are able to find the website, or tell them the link, help them sign up. Everyone just wants to play some starcraft in the end.

Playing a 2v2 FastesT no noobs and you don't recognize your opponents post game in channel. When you re, tell them they can find all kinds of opponents in there.

It's not hard to help increase activity, but it takes collective effort.

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »
3s are fun,even when you bs your partners.This is war ! Duck Allies

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 01:10:00 am »
I thought Clan Xtre has already been doing this? where are all the people ?

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 09:03:37 am »

Think this one plays the biggest role when it comes to killing activity. Nobody likes to be harassed about how badly you blow at a game for the duration of the game. It's already bad enough the person ends up loosing because of it. I doubt someone is saying " i was amazing in that game " and feeling confident after they've lost.

I remember teaching every and anyone i could when I was active as fawk on this game, shit.. i still do it now lol on my stream and even when im not streaming. Not sure when all of the sudden people became cocky and bm as fk. Now every other game is a bm fest and people complaining about how they got a shitty ally. I'm pretty sure a ton of players can vouch for me if those players still played some people just don't like to admit it so I wouldn't be surprised if nobody speaks out assuming those people i helped still play. Shit i helped jake a ton when he was just a rugrat back in g)a, I helped infa)solid, xtre-rak, nhuman, xnb-homeless, qaa(JK  ;D), insane, lars from g)a i think he went by g)a-z4r3x, plenty of people in g)a, plenty of people from god, ed)ccc[bnd] or some shit plenty of people from my old apm clan and thats just from the top of my head. I mean the list is endless. Maybe they weren't the best or whatever but the point is i often tried to contribute to friends/randoms.

It's a huge bummer seeing people in pubs totally bash the shet out of noobs with " my partners suck ", " this guy is garbage ", " should have gave me a computer instead " lol. It can be funny if its witty but most of the shet we've heard a billion times over and over. We get it, you got a noob, we all get them, move on and play the game and if it doesn't take up to much of your time attempt advising the person for their next game.

People are trying to learn the game and are interested but the "pro's" don't give them the opportunity. I get asked to help/teach in my streams pretty often so trust me people are really wanting to play and learn. There isn't going to be another wave of people coming to starcraft, this is it and if you want to create activity for your favorite game + league then i suggest people start changing their attitude/opinion about noobs cause they are the ones who will keep your league alive. Nobody else is going to come and promote your league, it's you or nobody and I doubt they want to come to a channel where the players are constantly bashing their skill level.

That's just not fun even in a game. Don't want to sound like a mr.knowitall but that is how i feel starcraft has been since ive came back and the reality of the situation. I know some might argue " well its the internet, stop being a p*ss* ". Yeah, true, but just because it's the internet doesn't mean you gotta be a d-bag. Just saying... And if this isn't convincing enough then again, you should really think about your fav league/game dying out again cause that is a very viable scenario.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

ReM-Mays

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 11:59:51 am »

Think this one plays the biggest role when it comes to killing activity. Nobody likes to be harassed about how badly you blow at a game for the duration of the game. It's already bad enough the person ends up loosing because of it. I doubt someone is saying " i was amazing in that game " and feeling confident after they've lost.

I remember teaching every and anyone i could when I was active as fawk on this game, shit.. i still do it now lol on my stream and even when im not streaming. Not sure when all of the sudden people became cocky and bm as fk. Now every other game is a bm fest and people complaining about how they got a shitty ally. I'm pretty sure a ton of players can vouch for me if those players still played some people just don't like to admit it so I wouldn't be surprised if nobody speaks out assuming those people i helped still play. Shit i helped jake a ton when he was just a rugrat back in g)a, I helped infa)solid, xtre-rak, nhuman, xnb-homeless, qaa(JK  ;D), insane, lars from g)a i think he went by g)a-z4r3x, plenty of people in g)a, plenty of people from god, ed)ccc[bnd] or some shit plenty of people from my old apm clan and thats just from the top of my head. I mean the list is endless. Maybe they weren't the best or whatever but the point is i often tried to contribute to friends/randoms.

It's a huge bummer seeing people in pubs totally bash the shet out of noobs with " my partners suck ", " this guy is garbage ", " should have gave me a computer instead " lol. It can be funny if its witty but most of the shet we've heard a billion times over and over. We get it, you got a noob, we all get them, move on and play the game and if it doesn't take up to much of your time attempt advising the person for their next game.

People are trying to learn the game and are interested but the "pro's" don't give them the opportunity. I get asked to help/teach in my streams pretty often so trust me people are really wanting to play and learn. There isn't going to be another wave of people coming to starcraft, this is it and if you want to create activity for your favorite game + league then i suggest people start changing their attitude/opinion about noobs cause they are the ones who will keep your league alive. Nobody else is going to come and promote your league, it's you or nobody and I doubt they want to come to a channel where the players are constantly bashing their skill level.

That's just not fun even in a game. Don't want to sound like a mr.knowitall but that is how i feel starcraft has been since ive came back and the reality of the situation. I know some might argue " well its the internet, stop being a p*ss* ". Yeah, true, but just because it's the internet doesn't mean you gotta be a d-bag. Just saying... And if this isn't convincing enough then again, you should really think about your fav league/game dying out again cause that is a very viable scenario.

this x1000000000. i plan to play next season a lot, the only reason being i've decided to try and ignore all the bm my best, and my rec is going to be brutal x] i know i suck, and don't need any extra on top of it >_< nothing wrong with little bm where needed / or joking around, but the shit i've seen in this league is the most i've ever seen in any league
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:45:32 pm by ReM-Mays »

ReM-Mays

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »
There's also a big split between whether this should be bw or orig too from what I'm seeing. Why not just have a season for each one happening at the same time? Then whoever wants to bw can bw, whoever wants to orig can orig. This may seem like a lot of extra work, I have no idea. If it is, then why not have a vote like someone else has mentioned . Seems pretty reasonable to me. Lastly, I am pretty active, and would be willing to help any way to make this thing run smoothly, I just need to be told where to start. Thanks

ReM-Mays

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 12:23:04 pm »
There are like 450+ members registered on the website, but nowhere near that amount playing games. I think people just need to be more active, and a good way to do that is to create an environment online in which they want to be a part of, not the opposite. We should all think of ways to make Op UGL an attractive place that makes people want to be in the channel rather than out of it. How can we do this?

This may be a lot to ask. But PuMa is right. What if there was a separate channel that had people who were nice enough to take in new comers and teach them some basic build orders from 1v1 to 2v2 , and take the time to answer any of their questions? I know there is a forum on the website for that, which I think is great, but it's different when you are physically playing with someone there helping you out compared to just asking questions on a website. I would definitely do this, if I was good enough. Hell, even not being close to one of the best players I would still totally teach anyone what I know so far, which is not much, but better than nothing.

Maybe it doesn't even have to be a separate channel, because this would also potentially bring more activity into Op UGL. I think a lot of people are willing to train and ask questions but are so worried about getting ridiculed that they won't ask anyone for help, so they just play and get destroyed and bm'd , then don't come back. I think we need more support for these players. I think saying "suck it up and learn" is the easy way to go about it. Helping out is a much more effective solution, because more people will stay with it rather than abandoning it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:57:02 pm by ReM-Mays »

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 07:01:12 pm »
Good Luck, alot of pubs don't even care about a league, we just play for fun. I have 3 cousins and 1 brother that plays sc and they don't care. We just like to have fun.  Since we live so far away from each other we just game on sc to keep in touch and own noobs.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2
RankPlayerRecord