+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by HyDrA April 24, 2024, 11:04:37 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26186
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 485
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 414
Total: 423

Author Topic: NEW! Modified bbalmu and western fast map hybrid created by Resoud!  (Read 11563 times)

sNipEr.ScopE

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Hi all, I am here to talk about a map my friend made. He saw my post about making a map with dimensions of bbalmu and the gas of west map, and move the mineral patch away from sides to prevent ez abuse, and he put it into reality. HE made the map. Personally I love and would like to see if the admins could give it a try and maybe allow it for use in the league as a spot abuse free alternative to the regular map. Things to note: the middle bases have a smaller choke making attacks less overpowered by ground. Corner bases have a wider choke, making turtling more difficult and less grueling especially in pvz and pvt. The 12 and 6 bases have room for 4 rows of defense structures. the 3 and 9 bases have room for defense structures above the area where u normally triple. so u can triple and put cannons behind ur main and more cannons on each side making it easier to drop drops. also the mineral patches on 3 and 9 are in range of nuke still, but u can easily dodge workers, but the important difference is that the main will not be damaged by any nuke making it impossible to snipe main with spot abuse! I know many will criticize and say this and that, but really what can be worse than the map we already have? everyone complains about it anyway. time to change things for the better instead of this toxicity and stagnance that has corrupted our community. wouldn't you like to game without people complaining"spots" after every win? I certainly do! so I hope that everyone who is interested to try it out and see if you like it. Post your opinion, and be honest. I hope we can get a map that everyone can enjoy without such a bad problem as your minerals being exposed. Any suggestions are appreciated, let's all work together on this. If it's a success it could change fast map competitive play for the better! Attached is the map
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:01:20 am by sNipEr.ScopE »

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: NEW! Modified bbalmu and western fast map hybrid created by Resoud!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 02:59:16 am »
it was fun to make this map was like a puzzle

Enjoy
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:47:57 am by FaINeR »

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:19:51 am »
Hm sounds interesting.

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:31:57 am »
this actually looks like Fastest Green map at Europe.

SilverBullet

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 06:23:36 pm »
Nice work

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 07:11:47 pm »
Nice map!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

ShiNjiN

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 11:34:04 pm »
Good luck, i've been preaching these changes for years...

Momo85

• Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 06:47:50 am »
im fan of main spot at 3,6,9,12,
but choke corner is too big u need like 6-8 sunk at start to block it vs p middel build ,
im sure p vs z like this corner choke gg in 2-3 mins , i think u should change corner choke a bit

PuMpMyProBe

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 07:07:45 am »
but choke corner is too big u need like 6-8 sunk at start to block it vs p middel build ,
im sure p vs z like this corner choke gg in 2-3 mins , i think u should change corner choke a bit

Corner still has an advantage compare to the others spot agaisnt P, they can see incoming drop easier.
Middle protoss build can be more risky due to the smaller chocke on others spot than corner, this make 1/2 chance to find a zerg corner with bigger choke wich it become more balance.
( cuz an the old map it was not a really a big deal to send the right amont of drones and reboot a mid build on middle spot. The probleme was the transition while you had to manage drop and choke. Switching this problem on corner make it more balance since the drop will be easier to deal with).

In addition it looks less deadly to put tanks on rampe.

I wonder if the choke need to be 1 pixel smaller for better wall.

Anyway I played the map and it feels really great.

ShiNjiN

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 08:25:06 am »

The corners are still furthest from the middle builds.. Games that rely more on units snd less on static defense would be a good change.

Network

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 02:07:53 pm »
sounds stupid... why change a good thing?  change it and watch the league evaporate

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 04:00:48 pm »
I will explain the maps I made.
The map that put  sNipEr.ScopE was the first one I made. Grab the measurements of the Styler 5.0 map the most balanced map of all maps of fastest more balanced than super balmu. Map Styler is played by pro korean 1vs1, 2vs2.

Although I understand that many people will not like it because the game mechanics is totally different from the space map that we play. But if the map is very balanced, I put that because resembles more ugl, I made another map where the mineral is more centered and the mineral below the nexus would be more like the super balmmu map. and more balanced.

I have another map that I think you would like becausehas the dimensions of the map that we play but more balanced.

Example the base choke 12 and 6 have entry 2 space smaller than the west map but has 2 more space than the super balmu map.

Base choke 3 and 9 have the same west map entry

Now the corners the entrances have 1 space less than the styler map and 2 more space than the west map, that is, the map that put Gus, comparing now with the new map the corners will be less wide. but not as narrow as the current west map.

All the bases were balanced in similar dimensions and always focused on the vertical construction like the west map that we played. The problem of the west map is that the 12 bases and especially the 6 was very very small disbalanced.

The nuke will only kill the ore workers but it will not harm the central base.

The 4 positions of middle spot will have one more space for a row of defenses on center base on 12 , 3 , 6 , 9 spot.

Finally the map is more super balanced and meets the game mechanics of the traditional map of west because it has the same dimensions with small differences. This new map is already finished, I will upload it later.

In conclusion the map that I charge buu is played with the mechanics of a traditional korean map, the map see bigger. And the new map that I made complies with the game mechanics of a UGL or SCW map but more balanced.

Note: All the map have same size 128x128 super,balmu, styler, Ugl, Scw, Vgt.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:11:15 pm by FaINeR »

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 06:44:50 pm »
New Map Perfect Standard

Tell which of the 2 prefer * Space SCW Perfect over or * SCW Space Perfect Standard and some suggestions ...
Personally I like more the second option Space Perfect Standard, is what I am more used to play.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:30:25 pm by FaINeR »

LivE.SworD

• Administrator
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 07:12:55 pm »
Fainer showed me these maps and they have a lot of potential to balance out the game; you guys should try them and let me know what you think.. if most people approve of them, we might use them in the next season

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 08:17:38 pm »
Yes, i have to agree with Sword and Fainer.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]90-58
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord