+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] Today at 07:16:46 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] Today at 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26182
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 406
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 13
Guests: 397
Total: 410

Poll

Should SCW add a new 2v2 ladder System?

Hell yes!
4 (23.5%)
Meh, I don't care.
3 (17.6%)
Fuck no, keep it the way it is.
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Starcraft World Independent League? SWIL  (Read 12274 times)

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
Starcraft World Independent League? SWIL
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:44:09 am »
Okay so something came to my mind last couple of weeks and I think this could be a good idea or a bad idea but it's just my opinion and suggestion. I'm a 1v1 player and also a 2s player and sometimes I may catch a game of 2's depending on my mood. Now let's get to the point here. For the 2v2 ladder section, I notice people always partner the same people constantly. Yes I know people only want to partner with people they know, friends, or skilled people only. I find this sort of an issue and hard for new and fresh talents to come in to play starcraft. Okay so you want more faces to come into the fastest community, okay than I think everyone who is active should try to help out, I'll get into further details. I think the last month or two, I notice there's a bot in the game menu that says "Join Op UGL". So this is actually one of the  approach to bring new faces to the community but than what good will it do if new players visit the channel and have no clue what's the channel and community about?

So I thought about one method to increase the activity, longetivity, and the playerbase and that is to have another brand new 2v2 ladder system. How this system work? Read along

2v2 Ladder System
1. Players can partner anyone for 2v2, for example, SaveMeNow + Fire.Premier VS. Live.Sword + Resoud for 2-4 matches(Must rotate partners after every match).

2. A new 2v2 score system where points are distributed fairly. Example: Team 1(A+) wins Team 2(D-), Team 1 wins 20 points. This is better than the old score system where one can lose alot of points if vs lower rank players in 2v2. The whole point of a new score system is limit the dodging of players because some are afraid to lose a lot of points vs low rankers.

3. Implement a rule where you need to choose a specific race for fair place, example: PTvPT, PZvPZ, PPvPP etc... Why we should implement this rule?(Not Neccessary) To increase the playerbase. I know koreans play fastest and they have a set of rules too! One of them is you need to pick balanced races(Not sure if it's a must but in most cases they do).

Benefits of this new 2v2 ladder system?
1. Reduce waiting times for 2v2 games..(Do you really want to wait for 2v2's everytime you get on? For me I sure don't!)
2. Increases player activity and growth
3. A much friendly, fun and active system.
4. Everyone has the opportunity to play in the league
5. Players can improve their 2v2 players
6. Mild competitive level not super tough like the old system(Between Pubs & Pros but is contronversial)
7. Significantly improves playerbase involvement and interaction

I have to admit, I know there are players who don't want to play 2v2 league because their partners aren't on or some players just dont play 2v2 because they know they cant find partners and lack the skill. Also, this ladder will prove who are actually best top 2v2 players. People can get to high ranks because they get carried by their partners. This system is basically a free for all where you have to partner everyone and try to get to top rankings by yourself! Think you're the best 2v2'er? than partner randoms like everyone else to see how you do!

Why should we tolerate this new type of 2v2 system?
Why not? Btw, I checked the archive section and browsed through almost every seasons and everything seems to be the same always. Why not try something new for a change? If this doesn't work out than so be it. Doesn't hurt to give it a try admins!
On a side note, I know I've talked about this before and that's about BM. I know new faces probably don't like that and especially koreans. Most of them are well-mannered and if they see how poor our attitude is than there's no telling how long they'll stay. It probably may not workout considering the high level of toxicity in this community but I could be wrong. Hell if this actually is successful, I'll even donate towards the prize pool.. Also, I'm not trying to say give up the old 2v2 system, just implement an extra 2v2 system to see how it goes. Please no flaming this is a discussion, please express your ideas, thoughts, and suggestions. Dear admins, please remove any innapropriate troll answers & comments. Haters will be haters and I know a lot of people will be upset after losing their 2v2 games! Some people just cant stand the fact of partnering news and lose. Newbs are newbs, you don't get good by just starting out fresh on fastest. If everyone here objects and dislike the idea, that's totally fine with me. That's all I have to say thanks!

Please cast your vote, there's a poll above this post!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:35:40 pm by SaveMeNow »

beaTz-

Re: Starcraft World Independent League? SWIL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:47:29 am »
Fuck it, why not? As long as I don’t get stuck with a Fire. Member I’m okay with it. Lmao

ali

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:23:42 am »
😂 some fire members could increase your winrate ;)

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:57 am »
"People can get to high ranks because they get carried by their partners."

Aka Mark and Pro]FantasticIgetCarriedEveryGame

You have a good idea, but you can't force people to partner just anyone. It'll just cause more dodging because people won't want to play with noobs like you stated.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:30:22 am by koN »

beaTz-

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 11:30:52 am »

Damn Steve if I remember correctly in the clan war we destroyed you pzvspz and then ptvspp lmao. Ali you’re about the only one who can hang 😂😂. Don’t ever forget the 1vs2 lmao

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 12:30:21 pm »
Hey man a rusty koN can't carry FiRe members. He tried though

beaTz-

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 12:33:00 pm »
Hey man a rusty koN can't carry FiRe members. He tried though

Lmao so you’re agreeing with my first post now in a way 😂

SaveMeNow

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 12:37:24 pm »

You have a good idea, but you can't force people to partner just anyone. It'll just cause more dodging because people won't want to play with noobs like you stated.

Than this is a player's problem and will be hard to get new people to play, atleast for the 2's section.

ali

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 12:47:09 pm »
I don't need to be carried ,thanks ^^
I hope clan war will come soon :p

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 12:56:04 pm »

Than this is a player's problem and will be hard to get new people to play, atleast for the 2's section.

Absolutely it's a player problem. People will generally only part people that are their friends or good players, just like you mentioned in your first post. People are not going to part a random vs two strong players. Just like Pro]Fantastic will part a noob vs noobs, but he won't part that same noob vs two good players.

The entire league is a player problem. Anyone that's good gets dodged and people look to play worse players. If you were forced to play your rank or only a tier or two below/higher your rank I think it would force people to play. Or it will just make people make more accounts and get stuck at the same rank, which is probably what would happen.

The only way to fix things is to get more people playing and at the stage of this games life that's really hard. It's a very old game and we play a league that wasn't intended for this game. This game was created for low money. We play fastest. I do agree that it's hard to attract players with how most people act in the channel and on the forums. No one can change that but everyone on their own. Yes the site could look a little more like a league, compared to a forum. But I'm not going to knock on SworD after all he has done. If someone can step up and assist with it that would be great. Make a nice header on the top of the pages, make the standings the first thing people see on the home page.

ali

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 12:57:48 pm »
Savemenow, i think its not bad idea. On sc2 there are 2 ranks for random partners and fixed partner. Do you think about 2 sort of league 2v2 ??
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:07:15 pm by ali »

beaTz-

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:53 pm »
I don't need to be carried ,thanks ^^
I hope clan war will come soon :p

And I do? Lmao. Clan war just happened and look at the results lmao

ali

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 01:04:32 pm »
Yop but i didn't really played it so much, hum maybe like 4 (not sure)  2s, and 1v1ed you.
And never parted koN too ^^.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:07:56 pm by ali »

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 01:16:10 pm »

Absolutely it's a player problem. People will generally only part people that are their friends or good players, just like you mentioned in your first post. People are not going to part a random vs two strong players. Just like Pro]Fantastic will part a noob vs noobs, but he won't part that same noob vs two good players.

The entire league is a player problem. Anyone that's good gets dodged and people look to play worse players. If you were forced to play your rank or only a tier or two below/higher your rank I think it would force people to play. Or it will just make people make more accounts and get stuck at the same rank, which is probably what would happen.

The only way to fix things is to get more people playing and at the stage of this games life that's really hard. It's a very old game and we play a league that wasn't intended for this game. This game was created for low money. We play fastest. I do agree that it's hard to attract players with how most people act in the channel and on the forums. No one can change that but everyone on their own. Yes the site could look a little more like a league, compared to a forum. But I'm not going to knock on SworD after all he has done. If someone can step up and assist with it that would be great. Make a nice header on the top of the pages, make the standings the first thing people see on the home page.

A big "Join League" button and a "Report game" button might help too.

beaTz-

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 01:19:11 pm »
Yop but i didn't really played it so much, hum maybe like 4 (not sure)  2s, and 1v1ed you.
And never parted koN too ^^.

That was the first clan war where you raped me in 1s, I didn’t even wanna embarrassed myself again lmao.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]89-55
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord