+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 276
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 300
Total: 304

Author Topic: SCW season 6 1VS1 Playoffs: Information, discussion & updates  (Read 96272 times)

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: SCW season 6 1VS1 Playoffs: Information, discussion & updates
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 08:35:52 am »
Haha.... this is my point of view. When Brain and RAbbit played eachother they only made it PvT and TvP, they both knew that if they got z, theyd pretty much lose... Idk why u ppl are afraid of ppl picking P ? Comn....

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 10:15:04 am »
Haha.... this is my point of view. When Brain and RAbbit played eachother they only made it PvT and TvP, they both knew that if they got z, theyd pretty much lose... Idk why u ppl are afraid of ppl picking P ? Comn....

I did mention people were allowed to pick if both players agreed on it.  Preferably a mirror match up.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:19:48 am by preMier »

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 11:29:16 am »
Borrrrrringgggggggg. Picking matchups removes so much from the game. There's no need to scout as you know what your opponent is. You've basically decided your strategy before the game even starts as you don't need to scout. Then mirror matchups are just boring in general, especially PvP. TvT can be fun until the long game and same with ZvZ. ZvZ is good until lurker swarm comes out and then both zergs just trade armies into lurker/swarm.

Playing RvR makes you think and react to a different race. You're forced to scout and change game play throughout. That way you don't get into robot mode and play PvP over and over again doing the same thing. No one wants to see that. Even during Rabbit's and Brain's games I found them boring. They did the same things every single game over and over again. Whoever picked protoss would just midbuild and go into the same tech after. They just did that for 10 games in a row. That's not fun to play or to watch.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 11:37:38 am »
Borrrrrringgggggggg. Picking matchups removes so much from the game. There's no need to scout as you know what your opponent is. You've basically decided your strategy before the game even starts as you don't need to scout. Then mirror matchups are just boring in general, especially PvP. TvT can be fun until the long game and same with ZvZ. ZvZ is good until lurker swarm comes out and then both zergs just trade armies into lurker/swarm.

Playing RvR makes you think and react to a different race. You're forced to scout and change game play throughout. That way you don't get into robot mode and play PvP over and over again doing the same thing. No one wants to see that. Even during Rabbit's and Brain's games I found them boring. They did the same things every single game over and over again. Whoever picked protoss would just midbuild and go into the same tech after. They just did that for 10 games in a row. That's not fun to play or to watch.

The diversity is fun and it shows true skill.

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 11:42:37 am »

The diversity is fun and it shows true skill.

Bingo!

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 05:31:20 am »

With a little over 7 days to go before the season ends this is what the top 10 currently looks like. Will Xtre-KoN and Fire-KeNshU be able to work their way into the top 8? Will someone outside of the top 10 make a surprise climb and fight their way in? Will the current top eight be able to hold onto their spots with others breathing down their neck aiming to take their place? A lot can happen in just a week. Stay tuned and play your hearts out!

Killer_

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 09:33:53 am »
I love the fact that you added the playoff bracket. It will show clearly who is the best. Yes, there is M/U advantages but if you are considered a top 1s player you should be able to handle it. The game is still the same just strategies have change that's all.

johnwick

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 02:17:12 pm »
Curious on how the brackets will look like. Will it be something like first place vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th? Players at top should have An advantage. World Cup followed a similar format

Mamba

• Season Winner
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 02:48:29 pm »
Curious on how the brackets will look like. Will it be something like first place vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th? Players at top should have An advantage. World Cup followed a similar format

That's all covered in the first post on this thread

johnwick

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 03:00:08 pm »

That's all covered in the first post on this thread

Nice, thanks

tO_cReAtiVee

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 03:29:41 pm »
Will there be a cast for the playoffs? Is there even interest in a cast? I could provide the stream and co-cast, but would need a co-caster that has knowledge about 1on1, since I do not play 1on1 on Fastest. I mean technically I could still cast this alone, if no one wants to, but some expertise would be nice. Would probably be a replay cast, since I know of the scheduling issues within the fastest scene. Just see the clanwars xdd
aka Red.SeeD

Friendly

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2018, 03:37:06 pm »
Will there be a cast for the playoffs? Is there even interest in a cast? I could provide the stream and co-cast, but would need a co-caster that has knowledge about 1on1, since I do not play 1on1 on Fastest. I mean technically I could still cast this alone, if no one wants to, but some expertise would be nice. Would probably be a replay cast, since I know of the scheduling issues within the fastest scene. Just see the clanwars xdd
I think Momo or Seba would be good co-caster

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2018, 06:02:43 pm »
Hahaha !!!    First of all, thay need to learn the game by themselves....

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2018, 05:58:59 am »
IMPORTANT UPDATE. New and changed information is UNDERLINED
Season ends July 29, 23:59:59/11:59:59 PM website time(GMT-4). Playoffs officially start August 3 at 2:00 PM/14:00 Website time(GMT-4). Players can play their matches before this date if their opponent is online. The playoffs start officially on August 3 because of the different time zones players are in.

Arakul

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 07:56:09 am »
i think the prize pool is too big for rank 1. rank 2 is also pretty good i think this should be 500 for rank 1 300 for rank 2 and 150 for rank 3 its the most fair.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2
RankPlayerRecord