+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Starcraft "PC" If you want to Become Gosu by Dreadlord Proletius March 26, 2024, 05:27:16 pm
[General Discussion ] upload game by gG]EaZy- March 24, 2024, 10:00:51 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete game Match ID 1627 by Lucas March 24, 2024, 03:38:14 pm
[Clans] Clan gK by RoNin March 23, 2024, 07:48:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Delete SCW Season 44 1v1 - Match ID# 1513 by Lucas March 22, 2024, 07:37:43 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3388
Latest: Reeko~[gK]
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 25989
Total Topics: 2390
Most Online Today: 435
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 398
Total: 405

Poll

who will win?

Maximum
J.H
AW23
GoldSCV
Xtre-X
THIS PERSON REMOVED.
Silent.Kon

Author Topic: ٩(◕‿◕。)۶ Top 6 ٩( ᐛ )و Invitational Tournament ヽ(o^▽^o)ノ $250$ ٩(◕‿◕)۶  (Read 52821 times)

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
This seems crazy and the potential for a ton of games. Someone could play a total of 35 games and that’s just the round robin? Like damn dude that’s a lot. This tournament will take forever with this format. And since half of the tournament is Korean, finding times for us to play them all for a b07 is going to be hard.

I agree. People already have trouble playing their games in a regular single elimination style tournament which are much shorter. This seems like it will drag on forever considering the time zones involved and the flakiness of some players.

The round robin format of tournament is more effective and fair when it's an actual pro gaming event (where the players can't leave and won't cry about bullshit.) It was a good idea but I think it will spiral out of control quickly.

Also seeing how GoldSCV is already crying/stalling I think a single elimination style tournament would be best for this scenario.

On a side note I don't think behavior like GoldSCV's should be tolerated at all. If it were my tournament he would be banned immediately. Fucking pathetic.

So much bitch boy behavior lmao.

I refer you to my previous post for my view on this, albeit it a bit optimistic. I am giving GoldSCV the chance to finish his othter sets before he continues playing J.H. He doesn't have to finish that set right away as long as he plays other people on the list.

BeatZ-

• Supporter
  • Tank
    • View Profile
I’m not trolling with this post, but there’s no way all these sets would get finished anytime soon. Like they said previously single elimination tournaments are hard enough to finish.

L-Mx]JoSe~

• Season Winner
  • Zealot
  • ☠ CLaN GanGstEr'S ☠
    • View Profile
    • Clan GanGstEr'S
I’m not trolling with this post, but there’s no way all these sets would get finished anytime soon. Like they said previously single elimination tournaments are hard enough to finish.
LOL
☠  CLaN GanGstEr'S  ☠

Website Team
http://clangangster.com

☬ Más que un clan, una familia ☬

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile

Hardest part about single elimination is people have to play one specific person, usually within a set time frame for X amount of times. Here people are free to play whoever is in the tournament, when they can, how many times they can. The goal is that at the end, everybody has played all sets. The order in which the matches are played is irrelevant. A player can play each player once per day and it would finish within a week. Flexibility is its strength.

I want people to do it before other people start saying "It can't be done".
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:55:07 am by preMier »

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft

mark is a beacon of positivity and one of the most optimistic people i've ever met!

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
This tournament will never finish I'm sorry to say that. You're assuming we can play at least a b07 every night of the week? That's a lot coming from someone who rarely plays a league game. I played 93 games this season, the least out of all the participants. So you're expecting me to potentially play almost half of a seasons worth of games for me in a week? That's not happening.

I think this idea/format is a good idea if we were all pro gamers, but we're not. This is a hobby for at least myself, AW23, and Mandingo. I can't speak for the koreans as it seems like it is their career with how hard they go for money.

I like that you're trying to do something different, but this is drastic and not realistic at all. Single elimination tournaments are enough fun to try and finish, never mind this. I'll play this format if you want, but don't even think about messaging me or others to tell them to hurry up and get their sets in. This is going to take a while to finish if it finishes at all.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
This tournament will never finish I'm sorry to say that. You're assuming we can play at least a b07 every night of the week? That's a lot coming from someone who rarely plays a league game. I played 93 games this season, the least out of all the participants. So you're expecting me to potentially play almost half of a seasons worth of games for me in a week? That's not happening.

I think this idea/format is a good idea if we were all pro gamers, but we're not. This is a hobby for at least myself, AW23, and Mandingo. I can't speak for the koreans as it seems like it is their career with how hard they go for money.

I like that you're trying to do something different, but this is drastic and not realistic at all. Single elimination tournaments are enough fun to try and finish, never mind this. I'll play this format if you want, but don't even think about messaging me or others to tell them to hurry up and get their sets in. This is going to take a while to finish if it finishes at all.

It was an example demonstrating how it would be possible. I am not expecting this to finish within a week. A little more than a week is perfectly fine. I expect most games played in the weekends. Neither am I expecting most of these sets to go to game 7. Mandingo played over 500 1v1 games. He is more than able to be active. AW23 played over 200 games and was frequently online playing Diplo. When you were invited you knew of the amount of games to be played.

And in Regards to playing your sets, as I have already mentioned before, you can schedule your own sets and matches. If it is easier for you to play Mandingo and AW23 first, then you can do that. They both share your timezone. Koreans can play Koreans during the weekdays, westerners can play westerns during the weekdays. In the Weekends you can play the Koreans. Your thinking is too narrow.

Prolific

• Marine
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2019, 12:50:23 pm »
Premier, for all the hatred you constantly receive, I must say you at least are trying hard to make the league interesting. Thanks bro. I think it will turn out great!

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
I agree, it is a solid and honest effort to make this league more interesting but I don't think it will turn out well.

If it ends up not working out I assume you're going to switch it back to a regular single elimination bracket style tournament?

And again thanks for trying to make the league better and more interesting.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:10:52 pm by Newbport »
May evil drown in its source.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2019, 01:55:37 pm »
Premier, for all the hatred you constantly receive, I must say you at least are trying hard to make the league interesting. Thanks bro. I think it will turn out great!

You're right. Premier is a lot of things, and one of them is a champion of our community's growth and activity.

Xtre-X

• Season Winner
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
I kept using the broken mouse for 11 seasons.

My mouse sensor fault
Please wait.

I'm waiting for a mouse in China.
mouse model name: fkmini2

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
I kept using the broken mouse for 11 seasons.

My mouse sensor fault
Please wait.

I'm waiting for a mouse in China.
mouse model name: fkmini2
pro players use that mouse :D
When is delivery?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:33:36 pm by preMier »

Xtre-X

• Season Winner
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
10 days delay, no inventory
international mailing

Before that, when other people finish all the games,
I'll just play a game.

Please understand. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:37:20 pm by Xtre-X »

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
10 days delay, no inventory
international mailing

Before that, when other people finish all the games,
I'll just play a game.

Please understand. I'm sorry.
That is too long. Can you play with old mouse?

Xtre-X

• Season Winner
  • Broodling
    • View Profile
Mouse fault: Sensor erratic

The game is difficult, but I can do it.
I'd like to play a game at the end if possible.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]GoM50-7
2 L-Mx]jh67-34
3 L-Mx]White46-14
4 Momo[gK]57-38
5 gG]EaZy-62-35

2v2
RankPlayerRecord