+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by HyDrA April 24, 2024, 11:04:37 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26186
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 390
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 16
Guests: 375
Total: 391

Poll

Who do you see winning the end of season tournament?

Scan
21 (43.8%)
j.h
12 (25%)
FaTheR.ManDinGo
4 (8.3%)
1vs1goooooooo
3 (6.3%)
GanGstEr]JoSe.
1 (2.1%)
Zoo[Rillo]
2 (4.2%)
LeGenD]NaSuS
0 (0%)
lllllllllllllll
0 (0%)
GanGstEr]D.U.P
4 (8.3%)
-Os]SkyHigh[-
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament  (Read 49406 times)

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2020, 01:50:55 pm »
But it’s the premier fastest league, as it’s the only fastest league. So it’s our premier league by default.

But with none of the large scale consequences, which was my point. And no, it is not the only fastest League. You are correct in saying it is the only fastest league ON THIS MAP and with this specific format.

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2020, 01:55:56 pm »
You say it doesn't work for fastest while presenting no evidence. Like Fainer said, the Korean fastest scene uses the predetermined format for their tournaments and they have by far higher caliber players than the West.

And I agree, a test tournament with the predetermined M/U format should be hosted before implementing it into the finals. Again that is why I created this thread a month before the tournament; to see how everyone feels about the idea.

And your sports analogies are way off base. First off no one is a 'pro' here, we don't get paid millions of dollars a year to do this, we aren't broadcasted on a major networks, we aren't talked about by the general public.... I could go on forever. This is a small community with a select few who even play this game. You really think the NBA would implement a rule change right before the finals? This isn't the NBA my friend this is starcraft.

And I have been taking criticism with more than a grain of salt, I've been open to all opinions made by anyone and responded respectfully.

It is you who resorted to name calling; something that children tend to do.

May evil drown in its source.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2020, 02:03:31 pm »
talking about children.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:06:21 pm by TeresMajor »

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2020, 02:05:39 pm »
I give up. Just a waste of time trying to talk to you two. Do whatever you like

tonyG

• Reaver
    • View Profile
    • Tony G Starcraft
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2020, 02:08:47 pm »
so much passion. I vote RvR on Styler Korean Style FMP map! change it upppppppp 8)

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2020, 02:10:01 pm »
so much passion. I vote RvR on Styler Korean Style FMP map! change it upppppppp 8)

word up!

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2020, 02:16:33 pm »
Remember Your talking to premier and Newport here
Both 200+ apm players who know everything about the game
But both can only achieve C rank. 🤔

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2020, 02:38:47 pm »
Remember Your talking to premier and Newport here
Both 200+ apm players who know everything about the game
But both can only achieve C rank. 🤔
I don't feel I hold any merit because of these but just to disprove your factually wrong claim.

Win vs an A Ranker.

Win vs Thanks who is frequent S, A or K rank and multiple season winner.

Win vs Resoud, A rank.

set vs gus who is A consistently A rank.

Got a bunch more reps lying around from smurfs and Europe vs A rank players. I don't play the league much or at all for precisely one reason. I dislike the map. I like the league but I won't play a map I dislike.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:45:01 pm by TeresMajor »

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2020, 02:42:36 pm »
It's comical how a simple format change on a dying game can completely flip some people's lives upside down.

I feel some of you have lost your perspective on life. This is ridiculous.

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2020, 02:48:50 pm »
It's comical how a simple format change on a dying game can completely flip some people's lives upside down.

I feel some of you have lost your perspective on life. This is ridiculous.

Further proof of how stupid and without a clue you really are.

Gets mad for bringing a real life analogy into this thread saying it’s just starcraft, and then not a post later you bring “real life” into it yourself. Hilarious

Newbport

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2020, 02:55:04 pm »
@ Kon

You need to calm down, there is no need to get mad and start calling people names.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2020, 02:59:20 pm »
Cole was throwing a tantrum back when I suggested the top 3-5 tournament back in the day too.

Kon I mostly agree with you on that it is mostly the map. However, Protoss is amongst koreans on the korean map still considered by far the strongest race. And that is on a map that is far more balanced than the SCW Map. While yes, still map related, it is unrelated to the specific imbalances the SCW map has. Fastest inherently has an imbalance that favors protoss. SCW map stacks a bunch of new imbalances on top. Some format changes to allow MU selection with some rules to avoid unfair RNG won't hurt or set the league back in any way whatsoever. A fixed map would be better first step. If after the fixed map the imbalance is still experienced, then it would be a logical next step to contemplate an alternative MU format. Being able to play a MU only ONCE will determine who is trully the best as people will be FORCED to display a diverse mastery over all three races.

FaINeR

• Season Winner
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2020, 03:49:49 pm »
As if they didn't know kon and kokane stubborn and reluctant with the changes. For them what they say is the absolute truth. You can simply discuss the idea and draw conclusions, they gave you idea, perfect now to expect other people's opinions.

Also as that zvsp trick is good I have already done it before even so it is an abusive position

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2020, 04:07:34 pm »
As if they didn't know kon and kokane stubborn and reluctant with the changes. For them what they say is the absolute truth. You can simply discuss the idea and draw conclusions, they gave you idea, perfect now to expect other people's opinions.

Also as that zvsp trick is good I have already done it before even so it is an abusive position

I’ve literally said change the map about 4 times in this thread. Another bright mind joins in...

I’m open for change that will improve balance. Having set matchups does not improve balance or the game of fastest.

premierrrrr

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2020, 04:17:33 pm »

I’ve literally said change the map about 4 times in this thread. Another bright mind joins in...

I’m open for change that will improve balance. Having set matchups does not improve balance or the game of fastest.

I would argue being able to play a match up once definitely brings some balance to best of series, if not a sense of control over the race you play.
You can play each race 3 times against 3 different races in a best of series. While having the MU preset in a pre-determined order is stale and not the best option, a better option would be the higher ranked player picks MU for the first match, and from then onwards loser decides the MU for the following match.

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-45
2 Momo[gK]89-57
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord