+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 26, 2024, 05:33:49 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26199
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 495
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 13
Guests: 422
Total: 435

Poll

Who do you see winning the end of season tournament?

Scan
21 (43.8%)
j.h
12 (25%)
FaTheR.ManDinGo
4 (8.3%)
1vs1goooooooo
3 (6.3%)
GanGstEr]JoSe.
1 (2.1%)
Zoo[Rillo]
2 (4.2%)
LeGenD]NaSuS
0 (0%)
lllllllllllllll
0 (0%)
GanGstEr]D.U.P
4 (8.3%)
-Os]SkyHigh[-
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament  (Read 49464 times)

Vulture

• Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: SCW 17 Top Five End of Season Tournament
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2020, 09:48:07 am »

So at this point the only points are that you want to see more players regardless of the fact they didn't earn a top 10 spot, and that somehow having B players vs S players is going to create more competition. Not sure it adds up.
[/quote]

There are some quality players who are currently b ranked like evil and models who could very much hold their own in the top 10. So yes, it will create competition

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2020, 11:52:24 am »
But did they earn it? Giving someone a spot simply because they're good is unfair to the people who grinded 5 times the amount of games to get top 5.
Look at the match count differential and the difference in points between rank 1-5 and the rest. Difference between rank 1 and 10 is 1600 points and the difference in matches played is 103.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:55:47 am by preMier »

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2020, 12:37:50 pm »
But did they earn it? Giving someone a spot simply because they're good is unfair to the people who grinded 5 times the amount of games to get top 5.
Look at the match count differential and the difference in points between rank 1-5 and the rest. Difference between rank 1 and 10 is 1600 points and the difference in matches played is 103.

Premier, nobody here cares about earning anything. We live in a post-modernist society now where everyone feels entitled to equity at the expense of integrity.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:39:32 pm by insaNe »

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2020, 12:41:15 pm »
There are some quality players who are currently b ranked like evil and models who could very much hold their own in the top 10. So yes, it will create competition

Those players don't qualify to even participate when you remove the double accounts. The B players aren't top 10 without duplicates. Makes your premise seem wholly irrelevant.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2020, 12:41:47 pm »

Premier, nobody here cares about earning anything. We live in a post-modernist society now where everyone feels entitled to equity at the expense integrity.

Having equal opportunity =/= equal outcome. Not my tourney so I won't demand or say changes should be made. But I do think it is topic worthy of dicussion whether to include people who didn't earn inclusion at the expense of those who did.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2020, 12:52:31 pm »
Having equal opportunity =/= equal outcome. Not my tourney so I won't demand or say changes should be made. But I do think it is topic worthy of dicussion whether to include people who didn't earn inclusion at the expense of those who did.

I don't agree that it merits discussion. It literally nullifies the importance of the only activity vehicle that we have, the open league. If the league itself can't be the metric for getting into the prize money tournament, then either the league or the tournament is broken. Pick one. (It's probably both, to a degree. Not hate, just fair criticism.)

From an organizational perspective though, I do find it odd that there is so much volatility in how league winners are decided. It makes this feel more like a raffle than a commissioned league. Seems like every season some new person with $200 comes in and gets to exert their ego on everyone else at the expense of logic and fairness, creating an environment none of the participants can plan for.

Some of these might be great ideas, even the past ones that we've tried. But the execution is very unprofessional and certainly not contextually appropriate.

Like we're having polls at the end of a season to decide how to end that season? The lack of foresight to plan this ahead literally every time that it happens is just hilarious to me from an organizational standpoint. From the standpoint of a fan of the game, I appreciate the activity and energy to make this place better. I'm not trying to be a hater. These criticisms of the execution of these ideas is quite fair.

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2020, 01:09:24 pm »

I don't agree that it merits discussion. It literally nullifies the importance of the only activity vehicle that we have, the open league. If the league itself can't be the metric for getting into the prize money tournament, then either the league or the tournament is broken. Pick one. (It's probably both, to a degree. Not hate, just fair criticism.)

From an organizational perspective though, I do find it odd that there is so much volatility in how league winners are decided. It makes this feel more like a raffle than a commissioned league. Seems like every season some new person with $200 comes in and gets to exert their ego on everyone else at the expense of logic and fairness, creating an environment none of the participants can plan for.

Some of these might be great ideas, even the past ones that we've tried. But the execution is very unprofessional and certainly not contextually appropriate.

Like we're having polls at the end of a season to decide how to end that season? The lack of foresight to plan this ahead literally every time that it happens is just hilarious to me from an organizational standpoint. From the standpoint of a fan of the game, I appreciate the activity and energy to make this place better. I'm not trying to be a hater. These criticisms of the execution of these ideas is quite fair.

I've always advocated top 4, which is sometimes already difficult to host because of time zone differentials. Every single entrant you add makes it more difficult to run. Entry also has to be based on achievement. For example Mandingo has played Koreans 7 times out of his 168 matches , players if he had played them more often, would have likely resulted in him having 500 or more points less than he does now.

Which was the entire reason Top 4/5 finals tournament was introduced. To combat dodging and to decide whom amongst the people CLOSEST TO WINNING THE SEASON actually deserves it.

edit:
Correction: Mandingo has played koreans 5 times since his record reset. 2 vs J.H, 3 vs Scan. Before he reset he played Thanks 5 times (on name AI) and J.H once.
For comparisons sake, JoSe often called the dodger by everyone, has played koreans 47 times this season, arguably affecting his points earned negatively.
This is excluding their "smurfs".

Scan vs koreans: 42 times.
J.H vs Koreans: 58 times.
Leebokgu/1vs1goooo vs Koreans: 40.
JoSe. vs Koreans: 47 times.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:17:33 pm by preMier »

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2020, 01:29:22 pm »
@ preMier

Top 4 is nice. I definitely like the idea for the end of season tournament, too. I don't care how big it is if the logistics work out. If the logistics only work for less players, I feel like that's fine.

It's only when stuff is changed/decided at the very end that I think it's wrong or disorganized.

As for Mandingo, I'm not sure I have an opinion on his dodging. On some sense I see it as strategic and see the tournament as the only time he needs to play koreans. On the other hand, it would be cool to cut down on dodging during the season. These are things that are probably better addressed by a change to point allocation than by relying on a tournament.

Totally fair and awesome of Jose to be doing so well in the league while not shying away from real competition. Maybe there is some kind of player rating that each player has that affects how many points they earn or maybe there is a decay system. And if they homogenize their opponents, then they earn less points. That player rating could even help determine the 'home court advantage' I talked about earlier in the thread.

That kind of stuff is probably also rich with opportunity to 'abuse'. So who knows. Mandingo is fine up there with that pretty, unrealistic record. He'll get beat in the tournament.

Meraki

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2020, 01:50:15 pm »
At the end of the day people aren't forced to play the tournament.

Tournaments like these should 100% exist so that we can filter out scrubs trying to abuse the system by dodging the players they know they can't defeat for the sake of pocketing a few bucks.

Personally nothing more disgusting than desperate players avoiding each other to the best of their ability for the cash prize.

I can understand the sudden rule change(Pick vs Pick) can be inconvenient but also, it's not my money. The person investing money should be able to create whatever rule he desires(as long as it isn't out of the realm of logic). Again, people aren't forced to join the tournament.

Sounds brutally honest but it's the truth.

DinGo07

• Season Winner
  • Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2020, 03:12:55 pm »
Good gentlemen, I see that you mention me in several of your comments. Personally, I have been the player who faced the Koreans more times than anyone in this league, I was never afraid of them, sometimes this league bores me since many of the A ranks are evaders, it is difficult to find a rival In my agenda , the only one that I think almost always confronts me is gangster José, the rest are only evaders, except the Korean players, a day ago I managed to see the player scan at 3:10 am Peruvian time, but I had already played 20 games before I was about to sleep, a few weeks before we had played 7 games in a row, the result was 6-1 in favor of the scan, that confrontation took place at 5 am until 9 am Peruvian time zone, I had come to play. He was really tired all night against other players, so I played with him to let him know that I am not an evader. I know he is a good player, but it is not impossible to beat him so I suggested that he play on an equal footing and in a pleasant time zone for both of us, and regarding why one creates more than one Smurf account, it is simple. Since most rank A players are evaders, they cannot be played and one of them is rank S for wanting to continue playing, we face rank B, the result is that you earn 6 or 7 times approximately 100 points, but you only lose once and Your 100 points were lost. I can't stay up until 2, 3, or 4 am to play scan or jh or any other Korean. we hope your understanding gentlemen and ladies, goodbye
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:34:24 pm by ManDinGo07 »

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2020, 03:31:07 pm »
The person investing money should be able to create whatever rule he desires(as long as it isn't out of the realm of logic). Again, people aren't forced to join the tournament.

Sounds brutally honest but it's the truth.

It's just that the volatility of how a season gets decided is very unprofessional. Buy the season ahead of time, not at the end. Money buying power tends to leave a bad taste in peoples' mouths, especially when it's not transparent or if it re-contextualizes previous work/experience.

insaNe

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 13, 2020, 03:34:37 pm »
Good gentlemen, I see that you mention me in several of your comments. Personally, I have been the player who faced the Koreans more times than anyone in this league, I was never afraid of them and I never will be, sometimes this league bores me since many of the ranks A are evaders, it is difficult to find a rival In my schedule, the only one that I think almost always confronts me is the gangster José, the rest are just evaders, except the Korean players, a day ago I managed to see the player scan at 3:10 am Peruvian time, I had played before About 20 games and I was already going to sleep, a few weeks ago we had played 7 games in a row, the result was 6-1 in favor of scanning, that confrontation was held at 5 am until 9 am Peruvian time, I came from playing He was really tired all night against other players, so I played with him to let him know that I am not an evader. I know he is a good player but it is not impossible to beat him, so I proposed to him to play on equal terms and in a time zone m It's nice for both of us, as to why one creates more than one Smurf account, it's simple. Since most rank A players are evaders, they cannot be played and one of them is rank S for wanting to follow playing we face a rank B, the result is that you earn 6 or 7 times approximately 100 points, but you only lose once and your 100 points were lost. I can't stay up until 2, 3 or 4 am to play scan or jh or any other Korean. waited for your understanding gentlemen and ladies, goodbye

Jose played them a literal order of magnitude more than you this season, and he's from Peru. Mandingo has a job and Jose doesn't, is that what it is? :)

RJBTV

• Supporter
  • Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2020, 05:37:35 pm »
Mandingo has a family to care for too. so it is entirely understandable.

hihihello

• Supporter
  • Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2020, 05:56:30 pm »
Also, Scan is in the military and he can only get on at 5pm which is 3 am PACIFIC time. It will be hard to get those games done...

scan1014

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2020, 10:49:34 am »
Also, Scan is in the military and he can only get on at 5pm which is 3 am PACIFIC time. It will be hard to get those games done...

Will be completing my service in next week. Becoming a civilian soon. :)

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]91-59
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord