+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] momo stop dodging bo10 tmr by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove Game by Lucas April 16, 2024, 10:07:07 am
[Support Center] REMOVE GAMES / TONTONATOS REPORT THATS by Lucas April 16, 2024, 09:57:39 am
[Support Center] How do I change my email address associated with my account? by LivE.SworD April 11, 2024, 01:33:41 am
[Introduce Yourself] I'm back! MaFia.Azazel / PoPe[or]DoPe by Kush_Ld[FuN] April 10, 2024, 01:33:49 am

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26157
Total Topics: 2399
Most Online Today: 376
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 292
Total: 294

Author Topic: Something pretty nerdy..  (Read 24323 times)

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
Something pretty nerdy..
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:23:44 am »
Something pretty nerdy...

So there’s a lot of talk about the map being unfair... Well would this be possible?

If we set up a league where everyone pre-season is ranked. And we are put in to sort of divisions or tiers...

So like from tier one would be the top 10 players
Tier 2 top 20 and then tier 3 top 30 and beyond..

With that being said when a tier one player plays a tier two player he will earn less points and lose more points than if he played a player in his own division/tier . I Believe this will help with dodging AND bashing. Because we can set up the point system (which changes drastically) like this :

Tier 1 vs Tier 1 would be +75 -75
Tier 1 vs Tier 2 would be +50 -75
Tier 1 vs Tier 3 would be +25 -75

So this is where it helps with dodging... a player who would normally dodge a top player is more willing to play that player knowing that all he has to do is win 1 game to make up for 3 losses.. and this also makes it so that no one can really bash because if you’re playing players at a lower tier , you’re taking a bigger risk.

And also top players would have to win a LOT more games than you lose which would make it so that “bashing” isn’t really significant.

So for example.. let’s say Player A always dodges Player B

If Player A knows that all he has to win is 1 game out of every 4 to break even with player B then he might be more willing to play.. and with fastest we all know that all it takes is a Mid Zerg for a lower tier player to beat a higher tier player so it’s very likely that lower ranked players would be willing to player better players because they can continue practicing with a low risk to their league points.

Also with Divisions/Tiers it’s easier for players to play players of their own skill rank..

I think this will also help with activity because If we categorize players then it will make players wants to get better and try getting in to Tier one be respected as a good player.

Idk this is just something to talk about and maybe some of you have better ideas or can polish this one up.. something new would be pretty cool.. and we can always go back to the current model.

Also the tiers.. and a lot of things I mentioned are a lot more complex and we need to set up rules and stuff .. but this is just a start to get the discussion going

So my idea of how this will work is that we will have two different ranks one is our tier

Tier 1, Tier 2, etc and the other is our rank in the season

So like if I’m 3rd in the league it will show up in the standings as 3rd with my Points  but it would also show that I’m a tier one player or something like that.. idk.. what do you guys think ? Too nerdy ? :)

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
Re: Something pretty nerdy..
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 01:38:28 am »
Heres what SCW should do
1.Ban sithlord
2.Make the league SC ORIGNAL again

plus momo would feel left out not qualifying in any tier.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 01:42:28 am »
the more you research the more you realize how lonely your life is

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 01:45:56 am »
Lmao good one about momo lolol

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 01:50:50 am »
i have no problem playing you, rvr like every1 else does on this game since day 1. You get p you get p so what, but sc fastest has always been rvr, Why do you think ur special? your just not at the level as the players who can play tvp or zvt. everyone knows this

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 02:26:30 am »
the point system is already in place where higher ranks have to "4-1" much lower ranked players in order to go up points
people are always coming and going so its too much to keep track of ranked players. just seems to complicated and more work for sword.
i think people are realizing the game is declining in activity and that dodging seems to be less than it use to be in previous years. massing games against certain players does increase activity though, it just seems that gus has taken the role as the booster to higher level players.

the only thing i thought could be changed was that if mid T/Z vs P , mid Z vs T wins they get some bonus points, and P winning fewer points if they won. 
Or have any t/z vs p and z vs t games ragardless of corner or mid to have more points won and less points won for the p.
Since it shows its the stats how these are everyones worst m/us and P being everyones best race

I really dont care for any change though, i like it how it is as long as it goes back to OG SC

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 02:29:30 am »
is the level ur referring to where ur a 50-50 record player playing rvr like everyone else does. or the level i get better records than you playing rvr vs better players.

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 08:38:28 am »
Lmao Cole is already doing better then you.. You have mass games vs sword, Smurf and Buu. You only pick protoss . At least Cole picks random and plays other people not the same guys. Lol You're nothing kid. The day Scw makes 1s rvr is the day it would be more active .  New comers and players stop playing because when they see a guy only pock toss and bash on the same guys it's just a waste of time joining this league.

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:51 am »
Cole just raped you 6-0 go away now, Nobody likes you.

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 11:05:16 am »
Lmao 9-0 and he plays all races you only know how to play protoss. Good bye low life.

Grrrr...

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 11:32:00 am »
i just watched like 6 replays of those games..... L O L
i mean he got skills ( like hard skills ) but if u play smart,... u rape him in a RVR but his pvp is kinda sick, u have to go 4-5 gates and canon him.... if not, his reaver micro is insane....
i will love to play him

Wankenstein

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 11:38:23 am »
Who is that guy? Fia? He came out of nowhere it seems lol.

Grrrr...

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 11:41:36 am »
just a korean with mad skills, kinda remind me of stalife but way better

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 11:42:37 am »
12-0 it's about time some1 shut Turbo up. Lol  I got Lots of respect for "Brain" . Well done sir,  You made this league more enjoyable.

Wankenstein

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 11:43:05 am »
How do they find this place? Not used to seeing koreans playing fastest but that's cool

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh92-44
2 Momo[gK]85-53
3 L-Mx]GoM53-7
4 L-Mx]White65-21
5 gG]EaZy-93-50

2v2
RankPlayerRecord