+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by Ridd1cK[DFWM] Today at 01:49:04 pm
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26187
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 578
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 13
Guests: 504
Total: 517

Author Topic: Something pretty nerdy..  (Read 25218 times)

YaKSuKyA.-

• Broodling
    • View Profile
Re: Something pretty nerdy..
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »
14-0 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 01:52:38 pm »
Yeah I’m pretty sure he woulda 14-0’d anyone who played him 14 times.. except for me of course.

beaTz-

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:09 pm »
12-0 it's about time some1 shut Turbo up. Lol  I got Lots of respect for "Brain" . Well done sir,  You made this league more enjoyable.
More enjoyable? It he 12-0 Matt’s p who’s gonna be able to keep up with him? Maybe 1-2 people lol

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 02:00:05 pm »
Just like I was the only one to take on rabbit il be the only one to beat this 14yr old Korean

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 02:00:49 pm »
Matt struggles to micro macro as p; it's not his style , that's why he got raped

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 02:10:22 pm »
Hey Matt, How does it feel to get owned by a pub 14 times ? Lol

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 02:15:31 pm »
He should of asked for a p vs mid t or p vs mid z
Since he needs every advantage possible like every season

A

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:17 pm »
Lmao yeah for real.

koN

• Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 02:34:20 pm »
This is a response to Tyga's original thread.

I like your idea, but here is my argument against it. Having different tiers and different structured point system would be great if we had a league of like 400+ players. Unfortunately we don't and I think putting that point system into place and having different tiers of players will only cause more dodging and less games. Sword has put this point system in place to encourage activity, which is what this community needs. Having someone placed in tier one, trying to play a tier three, I can just see that tier 3 player saying "play someone in your own tier, stop trying to noob bash". Or will be the other way around too where a tier three player is asking to play a tier one and a tier one will say "no you're too low and it's not worth the risk of losing points". I just don't think separating the levels of players is a great idea with how the league is currently played. As we all have a good idea who is considered top players, mid level players and noobs, I don't think visually separating it is a good idea. As everyone is way too sensitive these days. I think this would've been a great idea back in VGT and SCD days. I just don't think it makes much sense for the community we have today. Realistically there's maybe 6-8 players who should really be in tier one and then a ton of players in the mid level and then handful of players in the lower level.

I think some ideas for next season would be to bring the league back to original SC, as no one is a fan of broodwar. I know we wanted to try and attract new players by staying on BW with re-mastered, but it hasn't worked. We don't have a lot of players playing, in fact i'd argue that we have less than we did before re-mastered. Which is a horrible sign. Original SC has always been the number one league even going back to VGT days. SC > BW in games played and all the top players played original over BW. The people that played BW were generally the ones that couldn't place high in Original so they played BW. That went for both the 1v1 league and 2v2 league for VGT.

Another idea, as much as I hate it, is rewarding bonuses for games played and wins. As this isn't always fair to the people that don't have all the time in the world to play SC, but it does help with activity as people will want to achieve those bonus points. I am really against this as it encourages noob bashing and as I said really benefits the super active players, but after all activity is what we need at this point.

I also think hosting weekly tournaments is a great idea. The 2s tournament this Saturday brought a lot of activity to the channel and was fun. Congrats goes out to BaO for doing the tournament and looking to host a 1v1 tourney up coming as well. The tournaments don't have to be for money all the time. They can be for league points. Host a 1v1 tourney and the person that wins that tourney gets 300 league points, 2nd place gets 200 points and third place gets 100 points.

adi

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 02:48:34 pm »
Tournament for league points seems like a great idea, we can increase the frequency of tourneys without shelling out $$.
Was there a reason the 2v2 tourney was Bo3 for all games except the finals? Either making it Bo5 for all or having double elimination would decrease the likelihood of bad M/U or spots happening twice in a row.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »
Go back to picking p vs Gus and sword . Ul feel better about ur skill level again

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »
Lol cole you never really beat rabbit.. I was the only one to play him like 50x a season and keep up with him . You’d play him like 4x a season get the matchup go up 3-1 and then not play him again. Not bming but just saying

Thank you koN for staying on topic.. and yes I agree this is flawed but I feel like the “noobs” would be more willing to play the “top players” in this system .. which will help with activity IMO.

Yes tournaments are huge, the tournament hosted by BaO is what made me even think of making this thread..

Maybe tournaments can have like Gold, Silver, and Bronze trophies for the top 3 players of that tournament and they get trophies and they can turn in the trophies for points or resets or something... idk there’s a lot of nerdy things we can change that can make this league fun and make people wanna play... we’ve been at the same format for like  5+ years it would be cool to make some changes

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 03:28:51 pm »
Don't even try to compare our skill levels tyga.

Grrrr...

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 03:30:35 pm »
stop with the bming ffs.
more tourneys! its fun
for the topic, i prefer the version of view of kon. zeuz have good points but
if u separe noobs from pro, its sucks, less activity

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 03:36:20 pm »
Xtre-Bao for tourney admin!!! Give him the power to distribute points for tournament wins!!

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]90-58
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord