+- +-

+-Recent Topics

[General Discussion ] Top 8 finals by RJBTV Today at 06:44:50 am
[General Discussion ] Sniper.scope by Ridd1cK[DFWM] April 24, 2024, 12:10:14 pm
[General Discussion ] Remove game Match ID# 2927 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:48:02 pm
[Support Center] Add game please by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:46:44 pm
[Support Center] Re: GANGSTER]CHILE DISCONNECTED. REMOVE GAME ID#2917 by Lucas April 22, 2024, 04:45:46 pm

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 3391
Latest: Gang]BlackDuck
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 26208
Total Topics: 2405
Most Online Today: 624
Most Online Ever: 3142
(January 23, 2020, 05:58:40 am)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 603
Total: 607

Author Topic: Something pretty nerdy..  (Read 25239 times)

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
Re: Something pretty nerdy..
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
Agreed adi... I don’t mind bm but really would’ve liked more people to give their input. Lots of people complain about the league but never speak up. And there’s a lot of people with brighter ideas than myself.

But I don’t regret making this thread because it’s rare a thread even gets to its 4th page so I might consider making more just to make some noise on certain issues.

Momo would be a decent admin. But at the end of the day I think SworD should be the only one to make the calls.. but it would be much easier for him to make decisions when there’s 2-3 admins presenting stuff to him.

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2017, 08:43:54 pm »
Sword can handle everyone on his own

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 10:24:12 pm »
Agreed adi... I don’t mind bm but really would’ve liked more people to give their input. Lots of people complain about the league but never speak up. And there’s a lot of people with brighter ideas than myself.

But I don’t regret making this thread because it’s rare a thread even gets to its 4th page so I might consider making more just to make some noise on certain issues.

Momo would be a decent admin. But at the end of the day I think SworD should be the only one to make the calls.. but it would be much easier for him to make decisions when there’s 2-3 admins presenting stuff to him.

People don't give their input cause people who aren't top 10 in league get told to stfu / stop crying because their opinions are worthless . I've said over three times I'd love to help on other forums as ReM Mays . But it's up to sword , none of us .

This is a fantastic thread and a very good example of what should be happening more often, the community working together on a topic and talking things out rather than verbally destroying one another haha

I think the tournament Idea is sweet . And for league points? Even better .. I assume all games would be league games too. I think this is something that could really really work well
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:26:16 pm by eL]ToRpEdo[ »

Grrrr...

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 10:26:35 pm »

People don't give their input cause people who aren't top 10 in league get told to stfu / stop crying because their opinions are worthless . I've said over three times I'd love to help on other forums as ReM Mays . But it's up to sword , none of us .

This is a fantastic thread and a very good example of what should be happening more often, the community working together on a topic and talking things out rather than verbally destroying one another haha

I think the tournament Idea is sweet . And for league points? Even better .. I assume all games would be league games too. I think this is something that could really really work well
[/quote]

amen

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2017, 11:18:59 pm »

Thanks for your response.. I personally like hearing anyone’s input no matter who it is.. I would never tell any one to stfu and there’s very few people who would. So I’d just like to say anyone’s ideas are welcomed. But I also know where you’re coming from.

How do you feel about tiers? Are you more likely to play “top players” knowing that you will win more and lose less points?  And yeah tournaments would be pretty cool except no ones signs up for them.

BaO just posted a 32-man 1v1 tourney paying 1st-4th and somehow we can’t get 32 players to sign up? This is clearly disappointing as we all know there’s at least 40 of us but for some reason no one wants for play for free money... it doesn’t make sense when there’s people complaining about activity but won’t do anything about it lol hopefully this is a start.

Puppy

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 12:07:42 am »
Lmao we need a separate subforum like SCD's "the whore house" for BM and disallow folks to BM anywhere else, so that it does not pollute discussions that are actually productive...
Great Idea, the bm can get out of hand.

I believe all appreciate your input.

Sword can handle everyone on his own
No one has said he cannot. BaO gaining access to provide UGL points as incentive, is a responsibility meant for an admin not a regular site user.

PuMa

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 03:10:01 am »

^^ this.

People don't need to play 24/7 to give their opinion. It's just that, an opinion. And its creating activity to the site.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-Albert Einstein

TealSilverSteal

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 05:10:50 am »
Heres one, Matt you fucking suck. Get raped less Noob!

eL]ToRpEdo[

• Hydralisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 07:38:54 am »

Thanks for your response.. I personally like hearing anyone’s input no matter who it is.. I would never tell any one to stfu and there’s very few people who would. So I’d just like to say anyone’s ideas are welcomed. But I also know where you’re coming from.

How do you feel about tiers? Are you more likely to play “top players” knowing that you will win more and lose less points?  And yeah tournaments would be pretty cool except no ones signs up for them.

BaO just posted a 32-man 1v1 tourney paying 1st-4th and somehow we can’t get 32 players to sign up? This is clearly disappointing as we all know there’s at least 40 of us but for some reason no one wants for play for free money... it doesn’t make sense when there’s people complaining about activity but won’t do anything about it lol hopefully this is a start.

of course i would play higher end players if this was the case. they wouldn't play me though.
i am going to sign up as soon as i can

SilverBullet

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 12:36:09 am »
It seems like what you're describing is a standard ELO that doesn't reset between seasons.

But then you have the problem of motivating people to play a bunch of games each season.

Enter ELO decay.

But now I'm playing games just to avoid decay and I don't feel a sense of progress.

Enter fake rating system to inject the system with points that have no value for the sake of progress.

aaaaaaaaaand now we have sc2 MMR system :D

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 01:51:36 am »
But we kind of already do this anyways.. in this system we won’t have the same top 5 players every season.. it’s a level playing field for everybody. I doubt it would happen though but we should make is so Mid Z earns more points and Protoss wins vs Mid z or mid t earn less points .

SilverBullet

• Broodling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 03:23:02 am »
Why not start with eliminating mid spots altogether? I think the protoss superiority is strong enough that it'd still be P favored

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2017, 11:47:38 am »
Id prefer not to cause if both players are corner that’s an instant 30 min + game no matter the match up. And mid base is still winnable.. it’s not like it’s an automatic loss if you’re mid. I think adjusting the points would be best thing to try out.. but idk if its possible to even do that lol

DryFly

• Reaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »
Wow good idea tyga.. already said this on the first page

ZeuZ

• Marine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 02:03:27 pm »
No one said anything about it and I thought about it before you posted it anyways lol

Season Info

SCW Season 44
Open: Mar 1 - Apr 29
1v1
RankPlayerRecord
1 L-Mx]jh93-45
2 Momo[gK]93-61
3 L-Mx]GoM54-7
4 gG]EaZy-93-50
5 L-Mx]Don~48-7

2v2
RankPlayerRecord